Chong Wei Feng

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by aril79, Sep 19, 2012.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Another China Open, another semi-final!

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chng Wei Feng will be up against Chen Long. Will he win this time?

3. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Hmmm.. now that's the qns :)

CWF seems to be on a roll at this China Open.

But personally I think it will be an uphill battle for him to beat Chen Long

4. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    CWF obviousy on a roll here and by defeating the seasoned and wily fox Sony, shows CWF
    has reach a new level - lets hope he gives CL a good fight as winning is almost impossible.

5. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Hope CWF would turn out to be another foo Kok keong, late boomer under achiever but torturer of top players.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,do u think he had the stamina to torture? or had the stamina to be torture?:)

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    [h=2]Sad and painful end for Wei Feng[/h]BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]Chong Wei Feng (left) leaving the Pasir Gudang Municipal Stadium after picking up a back injury ahead of the semi-finals. - ABDUL RAHMAN EMBONG / The Star

PASIR GUDANG: Sadness was written all over the face of Malaysia’s No. 2 shuttler Chong Wei Feng.

His dream of a first international success was dashed when he had to concede a walkover in the semi-finals of the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold at the Pasir Gudang Municipal Stadium on Saturday after picking up a back injury while warming up for his match against India’s Sourabh Varma. The injury was so bad that he could not even bend to retrieve a shot.

The 22-year-old Sourabh will now be out to win his first title when he takes on Indonesia’s Simon Santoso, who battled hard for his 21-12, 19-21, 21-18 win over Thammasin Sitthikom of Thailand.

Wei Feng, who had the best chance to reach his first final and win his first Open title, was clearly dejected.

“It was the hardest decision for me to make as I really wanted to do well here ... but the back problem restricted my movement,” said Wei Feng.

He had been feeling the stiffness on his back over the last two days and the hard-fought rubber game victories over Derek Wong of Singapore (in the third round) and R.M.V Gurusaidutt of India (quarter-finals) made it worse.

“I sought the advice of the doctor and he told me that I could risk having a tear if I had played on. I have a few majors coming up and I didn’t want to take that gamble.”

Wei Feng will rest for the next few days before heading to the Indian Open Superseries in New Delhi, starting on Wednesday. He has also been earmarked for the Thomas Cup Finals in May and the Commonwealth Games in July.

Asked about the lack of Malaysia’s singles players showing promise in the GP Gold and the continued dependence on world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, Wei Feng said: “Our junior, Soo Teck Zhi, did reasonably well to reach the quarter-finals but he lost to Simon. There is still a gap but, I believe, we are heading in the right direction.

“I’m the second ranked player after Chong Wei but I’m not going to put undue pressure on myself by looking at the gap in standard that exists between us.

“I’d rather focus on myself and try to improve the best I can,” added the 26-year-old Wei Feng, who will take on Sho Sasaki of Japan in the first round at the Indian Open.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I've never seen CWF play with such intensity like in the Thomas Cup match against Rumbaka. Very aggressive, positive playing style.
    So fast, speed-wise I think he was right up there with LCW, JOJ and Du Pengyu.

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

after CWF's misery in last year Sea Games, he's back on mid-track!!

10. madcarrot2007

madcarrot2007 Regular Member

CWF is very good when playing without pressure. Very impressive!

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Just got back from KL spending 3 wks there. My mom place has ASTRO satelite but no sport channel, so no TC live. Had to go to Kopitiam to watch live, enduring second hand smokes and mosquitoes bite, and listening to armchair 'coaches' at the Kopitiam dishing out instructions, quite entertaining. Checked BC but cannot post, something wrong with internet there.
    If I could access internet while in KL, I would have mocked Rashid for his comment that he wanted his team to emulate 1992 triumph and for LCW saying he is pushing for his team to play to win, to go far and to encourage his mates to do the same, and to at least get into SF, I would have posted Rashid and LCW are both dreaming, and an early flight home would be more like it. And I had previously predicted that TC already has engraved CHN name on that cup. O my, am I so wrong, and gladly I admit I err that my crystal ball read the wrong prediction.
    LCW of course delivers as most of us expect of him, but the one player I really was impressed with is CWF, undefeated so far, who the heck could predict that? CWF said prior to TC that to count on him to deliver a point for MAS, and he really has done that so far. CWF played confidently throughout (you can feel/see his confidence), fearless, superb fitness, fast, good coverage, good read of his opponents and I think CWF has played his best baddy here. Just one more to go. 3-0 against Rexy's INA, that is insane and an upset.
    Like Kwun said, JAP-MAS in TC final, mana CHN??? CHN kosong against Japan, nobody would bet on this.
    Final against Japan, is 50-50 and IMO for MAS to win, either TBH/Hoon or CWF has to win their match.
    DL, I am scarred if it comes down to the deciding match, that chap has all the tools he needs for his trade, including height and that overhead smash, but lacks confidence and that fitness thingie really sucks. I do not want to predict MAS win just not to jinx it. I say my silent payers instead. I bet on Japan to win TC

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    OTB was uncommonly quiet and now we know why.

A very honest opinion. Malaysia have surprised us all. CWF has been magnificent in the team.

13. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    CWF in this TC, especially in last nite's game vs Rumbaka, was world class, and through out the tournament
    displayed superb footwork, speed, guile, amazing defensive skills and out of this world court craft - for once,
    showing the benefits of sparring daily, with the great LCW.

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hopefully CWF can build on this momentum and be the best among the 2nd stringers after LCW and LD'd are over.

Rio 2016, maybe.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hopefully CWF can build on this momentum and be the best among the 2nd stringers after LCW and LD'd are over.

Rio 2016, maybe.

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope Liew Daren must get learn something from his compatriot CWF which has "keep on fighting & never give up" spirit...

17. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    I recall Roslin playing 3rd singles in a TC, not sure which year but it was in
    Hong Kong, and he was in top form and was generally regarded as the strongest
    3rd singles that year. And from then on, he went on to become world no.1, and
    found form and consistency - hopefully the same thing will happen to CWF and
    he will blossom as our great LCW retires.
    Go CWF Go!

18. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

Done well in Thomas Cup 2014 but screwed up in the final, so still considered screwed up.

19. Ython

Ython Regular Member

Kento found his weakness and attacked him all the way.

20. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    The maestro PJB found CWF's weakness and KM just execute the maestro's
    game plan.