England set target to dominate

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by cooler, May 25, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Kudos to Kido to manage to stir up interest for so long and I am amaze this thread can get to 3 pages and counting.... Kido, you may wanna consider being a politician to be able to stir up so much interest..but you know it, England would improve with increased funding, as any nation would be, but to be world #1 within 10 years??? Great to have a dream and a hope, but realistically that's not gonna happen.:p

2. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Politician?? No mate I am opting to be an accountant lol:p.........

3 pages long.....well some of them have like 50 pages long so 3 is really nothing lol......well I have to agree 10 years England won't be number 1....maybe ENgland would be at the level of Denmark now in 10 years.....but the thing is in 10 years Denmark would further improve then INA, MAS n CHN will improve as well........so 10 years England would be number 5 after INA, MAS, CHN, DEN, KOR then ENG well maybe number 6 cos THA would be better than them

3. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    I guess Indonesia will just have to work harder. I dont think it is beyond them. Competition is a sure way of improving standards. The ones that cant compete will fall by the way side and be forgoten.

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are correct, the first round casualty lost their shirt and airfare in Vietnam, and probably has to work in the padi field to earn their airfare home!:D:p and working in McDonalds in Canada does pay more than pro playing in Vietnam.:D:p

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Kido...Whatever England does to increase funding for badminton, that is good news and we need badminton to expand, hopefully to my continent soon. I probably be a bloody oldie before badminton Open comes to North America as I already resigned to seeing the game played on video dl.
    As for INA, I do not understand why you are so pessimistic, preaching gloom and doom for INA badminton. INA is a strong nation with badminton blood in her 200-million population. Yes, it may be dry spell for INA after TH and CJ/TG. Except for CHN with seemingly squads of talents coming up, even MAS went through that low period too until LCW comes along. INA has produced so many exciting players that we fans enjoyed seeing and it will come back.
    As for accountant, you get to count people's rupee and if you take them you go to jail...but for politician, you get your hand on people rupee and if you take them, that is okay...worth considering...hahaha!!! LOL!!:D:p:D:p

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hi Kido, yeah, 3 pages are not much when compared to BCL threads extending to hundreds of pages long and stretch past one year, and some fella actaully remember the anniversary of the threads...because so many females...and some males, hahaha!!!:p:p are drolling over Bao....hope you are not one of the males, hahahahehehe!!! LOL!:D:D

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    kidosetiawan is on the right path. Accounting is a must have prerequisite before becoming a successful politican in INA. With all those rupee coming in, a successful politican must know what to balance several books, manage several international bank accounts, and make sure u dont get ripoff by other colleage politicians:D

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I'm pretty sure in INA, the currency is rupiah. Rupee is India...

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Yeah, you are right, thanks...been away from MAS for so long, anyway rupee sounds like rupiah, hahaha!!!:D

10. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

The prize money could prolly cover like the airflight? Or something... it's pathetic. That's assume you WIN.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The cup is probably worth more than the prize money...i.e. if there is even a cup for the winner and not some medal made of tin...well, badminton players are a rare breed, I admire them for the passion and love for the game to turn pro, esp for those who perenially are first round knockout, earn probably zilch! hahaha!!! LOL! :p

12. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    This world isnt that fair, a week earnings in UK can support a vietnamese family for a whole year.

13. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Steven G'd "WEEKLY' wage can support X number of families in vietnam for a year. So imagine Liverpool FC / Chelsea's first team yearly wage budget. How many mouths can THEY feed.

14. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

He he he, ...and good morning KidoSetiawan, how's things?
    In relation to your post, we have a long, long way to go, and I don't think its possible.

To produce a world class singles player, they need world class training opponents: which Indonesia has always had... there is an unbroken line of great players before Taufik.... We have Andrew Smith,who is alright - a top 20 but not great, he's a bit unsound tactically and technically.

After the top class sparring need a world class singles coach. So need the money incentive and also they would have to want to work with our substandard players.....

So I reckon it's 2 'generations' away - assuming people start following the game and we start introducing the game at a grassroots level. We don't get juniors young enough training, work them hard enough or impart the right things.

Presently, our upcoming players can train abroad - people like Scottish player Alistair Casey do, but find they can't compete with the satellite players.

Don't worry, even after we get the above, we won't be level with Malaysia, let alone Indonesia because we need a 'culture of success': a history of winning and expectation of doing well.

Even then - and this is the next step - we don't have the passion for the game. If my countrymen only stopped following s*** sports like golf and rugby - even tennis! and do the sensible thing.....:D

15. kidosetiawan

Student
    Come on man Rugby n golf are also sensible........well not gol but yea.....Rugby is quite sensible.....

Difference between INA and MAS

MAS after their long spell of gloom....they realise it and start rebuilding their squad...

INA will never realise they are in decline cos they always think they are still good........bunch of idiots

Whats my basis??? ok an article in bulutangkis.com......in Indo but when translate to English it basically says they are no scouts during the junior competition.....this is INA...just plain lazy......they are waiting for talent not looking for them....Djarum as a club is more active looking if compared to PBSI......

England in this case.........they are looking for talent....not just waiting....now this is the thing to do although their talent pool is small but at least they are not just waiting........

PBSI n England Badminton if compared are like Drogba n Stevie G.....England is Stevie G cos they work hard while PBSI is Drogba waiting for the ball to come to him while he waiting on the spot to score.......very sad but fact...I mean face it Christie (never heard of him not famous but at least he loves badminton and dedicates his time for English Badminton) and Sutiyoso (who is only bothered about maximising his wealth)

16. kidosetiawan

Student
    Btw I am no female man......lol........

17. kidosetiawan

Student
    If I am an English guy...I'd rather try to be like Stevie G rather than Nathan...why???

Look at the pounds they earn...big difference........n the car they drive.....Stevie G has a massive collection of cars while Nathan is struggling to pay his mortgages

18. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

??????????????????????????????????/lol that must be you replying to someone else man... as far as the rest goes, yeah, you do have to step up your efforts to find new players

But our program doesn't adress the fact that our talent pool is small: simply because people don't get found at an early enough age: good players don't play other good players and good coaches at regional level are few and far between. Good talents are wasted by not having the opportunity

The difference is your countrys only aim should be world no.1 and ours realistically is to break into the top 3. In England, it needs to be the escape from poverty that football is in England [and Brazil] - for the working class, otherwise you have too many middle class players whose attitude is to be content in their regional/national set up and not hungry for success because they can afford to be amateurs. Also their ethic is 'enjoy the game' [subtext: even if they're mediocre] rather than 'win/succeed'. No hunger and drive. I am very driven personally, but quite limited as a player, but my mentality is seen as being not acceptable. On a football pitch, people can go crazy, be passionate [and yeah, sometimes over the top] - in badminton, it just isn't toleratred.

19. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

There we go. That's the nail on the cofifn.

20. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I think those reserve players who we never known off earn even higher to LINDAN & TAUFIK add together!