Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    so when he gonna win a Super Series?? kakakkaa

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Blame it on li mao, he came a few years late :D

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This may look like out of topic , but i just wanted to share what i read recently.

[h=1]Li Yongbo backs Malaysian candidate for top BWF post[/h]
    http://www.badzine.net/news/li-yongbo-backs-malaysian-candidate-for-top-bwf-post/23021/

EXCERPTS:

In a long interview published today in Malaysia’s The Star, Chinese National Team Head Coach Li Yongbo explained why he thought that Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, potential candiate to take over the BWF presidency and current chair of BAM, would be a good option for the sport.

“Nadzmi is a good choice. He has the clout and credentials to increase the popularity of the sport to a wider base,” Li was quoted as saying.

“He has been in the badminton circle for many years and is supportive of the game,” said Yongbo, after playing a round of golf at the Tropicana Golf and Country Resort here yesterday.

“Our sport has the potential to be popular beyond the Asian and European region and we need to aggressively promote it.”

The Chinese coach also hinted on the reasons beyond the recent withdrawals of his players, blaming the hectic schedule.

“There are just too many tournaments. We need to cut it down. I would suggest that we limit the number of competitions and increase the prize money. Better income will surely widen the participation of the players and motivate them even more,” he said to the Star.

“Sometimes, we pull them out even if there is a slight pain because we know if they push themselves, they can aggravate the injury. What can we do if the players do not feel comfortable to play? Most of the times, our action is misunderstood.
    “Unless the tournament calendar is reviewed or changed, this cycle will only continue.”

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This article has already been posted... check previous page... ;)

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Nadzmi decides to contest for BWF president’s post

Thursday January 17, 2013
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/17/sports/12586607&sec=sports

Excerpts:

The 60-year-old announced his decision to go for the Badminton World Federation (BWF) president’s post after chairing the BAM’s exco meeting at Stadium Putra in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

His decision comes just two days after China head coach Li Yongbo openly declared his support for him.

“A few BWF members have also approached me. I was asked by the BAM council to stand for the election. After assessing all these, today I’ve decided to go for it with the full backing of the exco,” said Nadzmi.

...Besides Nadzmi, Indonesia’s Justian Suhandinata has also announced his interest to contest for the post.

...While Nadzmi goes for the BWF top post after heading the local body for 10 years, the fight for the BAM president’s post is likely to be between his two deputies – Tengku Kamil Tengku Ismail and Datuk Al-Amin Majid.

The BAM election is in June.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oops...!!! I am sorry guys.. I never know that it has been posted already...:(

7. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

with kawasaki strong support, and now with li mao on board...i believe they will be able to attract several local big names soon...
    let us just wait and see :rolleyes:

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online >
    Thursday January 17, 2013
    BAM to hire new doubles coach but not coaching directorThe Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have agreed to appoint a new doubles coach but not a national coaching director.They have also made a firm promise to be fairer in the selection of players into the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS).These were some of the decisions made by the BAM exco at their meeting, chaired by Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, in Bukit Jalil yesterday.The exco announced the appointment of Indonesian Paulus Firman into their coaching set-up. Doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her will decide on the role for Paulus, who will start work from Feb 1.Last year, the All-Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI) had banned Paulus and his women’s doubles players – Meiliana Johari-Greysia Polii – for four months after being found guilty of throwing their match at the London Olympic Games in August.

Nadzmi said that BAM would put on hold the appointment of a national coaching director as they’ve still not found a suitable candidate.
    On the recent incident where a 16-year-old player was chosen ahead of three others – despite finishing last in a selection trial – into the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS), Nadzmi said that they had discussed it in their exco meeting.“As far as BAM are concerned, we choose players based on merit and we will stick to it. However, we’re not the only stakeholders in the selection process. We, however, will caution the other party if such things recur,” he said.

OTHER DECISIONS
    ·The exco have accepted Misbun Ramdan Misbun’s resignation. They will not impose any penalties because he left on good terms and will train under his father Misbun Sidek. Two years ago, Tan Chun Seang was banned for two years for turning profesional;·
    A change in the coaching and training structure in BJSS with Zhou Kejian in charge of Under-18 singles, Pang Cheh Chang as the chief for Under-18 doubles and Koay Kar Lin as chief for the Under-15 singles and doubles;
    ·All national coaches will be paid bonuses – a maximum of RM10,000 for a coach depending on their achievements;·
    An ad hoc working committee headed by Datuk Al-Amin Majid formed to oversee the setting up of the new national training centre;
    and
    ·Datuk Lim Teong Keat to stand for re-election as a Badminton World Federation (BWF) council member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/17/sports/12587401&sec=sports

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    They are private club so i am not so sure about that in the short run :D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just read about wong tat meng interview.
    we share the same thought
    as long as player dont train with full time
    they wont make it.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    looks like ckb get 10 months ban(but not randam) and everyone receive tutup mulut order:mad:
    if i dissappear for more than 3 days,which mean i get taken away by the evil association:cool::p;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

10 months ban?? Why news did not report this?

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    everyone tak boleh cakap. include ckb himself.
    so..........................
    i cant speak any further too.

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    WHAT ! ! ! This is really unfair...

15. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

I received news that the unsettling issue on the yet to be appointed head coach in BAM has got many politicking among the coaches and has made some players unhappy and considering coming out to turn to professional/private clubs to pursue their badminton careers. Not sure how much this is true but I see so many shuffling of coaches very often could possibly be a tell tale sign? Can the regulars in the forum verify this?

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Politics in the national school, brainwashing in the national Us, and 'political stampede' in BAM. It's like trampling over anybody and everybody to get to your goals and it's all worth it for yourself and it does not matter when your actions are detrimental to the sport and players' morale. Misbun was fed up with all the meddling and there were far too many cooks who wanted to don the chef's hat.

LYB might be right about having far too many tournaments, but walkovers happened even before SS and PSS came out.

The end's justifies the means, but then again, whose end's are we talking about? The sport or the sport's officials?

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    We could send an email to ssDhaliwal blogspot about the ban of CKB :D

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    politic is everywhere,everyinch of malaysia! i am sick of it!
    so vote them out!

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

fully support, so as the world want it change... ...

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    it seem that it might be a wrong info about ckb ban???:eek:
    sorry if i spread misleading news