Maria Febe Kusumastuti

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Oct 22, 2010.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Susi Susanti vs Maria Febe

Susi Susanti vs Maria Febe match in Badminton Peduli Merapi(Charity Event):cool:

[video=youtube;Z_HJ5ooDErM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_HJ5ooDErM&feature=related[/video]

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

http://www.pb-pbsi.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/211

I try to translate

Actually Febe lead in the first game, With corner balls and croos court dropshot, she able to lead against Li. Unfortunately, second game is like anticlimax, Li manage to keep up and take the second set 21-8. "I was physically drained in the first game and cant keep up opponet's game, and Li can control the next game." said Febe

Like in second game, in the third game Febe cant follow Li's quick play. "Opponent play quick ball and give many flat ball. In addition, she also pushed the ball to baseline, like Anastasia my opponent yesterday" she said.

On paper, Li is more favored, she is ranked 16th while Febe at 33 in the world. But, Febe learned many lesson from her defeat this time, "I will try to evaluate and improve my weaknesses,including my physical endurance and my posture which is considered still less." she said.

Febe actually has a small posture, therefore, the team trainer suggested her to raise her weight 6 kg again.It will have much effect on taking the baseline ball.

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria Febe and Firdasari are the 2 highest ranked players from INA today. If both lose their 1st round matches at India Open SS, then Febe will still be the highest ranked WS we have. It is then up to PBSI to select which among them can represent Indonesia at the 2012 London Olympics. ;) I hope they will pick Febe........

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student

Yes I have a feeling Febe will be selected to represent INA in WS. She will be tipped as the silent assassin for INA.. Hope the Chinese players do not meet her in any group matches. She must be training secretly hard to surprise everyone.

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Another surprise bronze medal for INA? :D In 2008, nobody I know predicted before the Olympics that Maria Kristin Yulianti will get a bronze for INA......... :p

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She has beaten a couple of top players before I am think there's potential in her to win a medal. I hope she will teach Saina Nehwal a lesson if they both meet because she underestimated Indonesian Women Badminton and only look up to the Chinese as her worthy opponent.

7. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

You really are obsessed with Saina, aren't you mate? Case of love turned into frustration?? :confused: This thread is about Febe who's a very good player in her own right and there really is no need to hijack this thread as well to carry forward your Saina vendetta. Febe deserves much more respect than that!
    You need to get a grip on yourself else you really are gonna have a very tough time ahead... Saina is gonna keep rising, no matter how much you keep bitching about her. The better she plays, the more crazy you are gonna get!;) In any case, for every naysayer, she's got a thousand more well wishers!

8. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yes, like now Maria's performs decreases unexpected even she is not a player in pelatnas anymore.. :(

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria Kristin was dropped from Pelatnas because of her never-ending knee injury. She tried to play despite her knee problem for 1 year, but to no avail. She has to stop and heal. She is still undergoing some serious reconstructive treatment now in Jakarta. Best possibility: return to action like Tine Baun and Zhou Mi... Worst possibility: cannot perform as a world-class athlete anymore, but live the rest of her life as a normal citizen of Indonesia without the ability to play top level badminton [well, pretty much like the rest of us :p ]

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The current Olympic format [pool system] requires that Febe 'teach lessons' to many players before going to the next round... :D

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Have a strong feeling she could meet the couple of players in the group matches...i can really see what kind of magical trick shots she will introduce to the game.

12. sen

sen Regular Member

Looking at Uber cup qualification and tournaments after that, both Febe and Firda seems to be improving because they can give close match with any top 20 players, except for the top 5 Chinese players.

However, they often lost in tight rubber matches. Meanwhile, Maria Kristin was winning many of her matches in tight rubber matches.

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Febe tend to play better in matches where nobody expect her to win at all..... :p Febe will utilize her best strength, which is her smooth footwork. Maria Kristin's court movement is not as smooth as Febe's, but Maria has many more deadly weapons (mainly touch shots) and does not get nervous on the court at all... During inter-club competition, PB. Djarum team members always insist that Maria Kristin become the #1 WS representative because she always deliver her top game, unlike Febe. Febe gets nervous when a lot of people are counting on her....... :p hehehehe... Oh well, nobody's perfect.

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I agree.. she has very good footwork. But her weapon(sharp dropshot, the accuracy of smash, etc) is still behind MKY for sure. MKY is mostly dictated all her opponents during the match. I think it will be hard for INA to find another MKY...

15. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Actually, I was also mean that Maria's perform decreases cause effect her injury. And likely Sony will follow her..:(

#35 luvina, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012