Yonex BG80 power

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Blitzzards, Jul 14, 2011.

1. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I strung a tp505 at 26lbs last week and it kept its tension fairly well until I played with it last night. It's dropped 2lbs already. The tension is even lower than my vt80 with bg80@25lbs strung 2 months ago.

Next time I'm gonna string it 1-2 lbs more than normal to account for this, otherwise seems like a good string and if durability is good it will be my new string.

2. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I had a smashing session the other night. Tension dropped from 28lbs to what I would guess is 25lbs. That is quite a change but not unexpected.

3. tchan

tchan Regular Member

Junior High Student
    Hello, I am pretty new to this stringing stuff but I'm using nbg 95 right now @ 22 lbs (because I play with plastic birdies and thats the most my MusclePower 23 can handle) but they have lost tension so I am going to replace them with BG80P. I really like nbg 95 but I don't like how it has no feeling and sound from it unless I put in a really powerful smash. So does BG80P have a better feeling and sound than nbg 95? Also is the power better or same as nbg 95? Thanks

4. tchan

tchan Regular Member

Junior High Student
    Oh yeah, I also forgot that it's a bit slippery for me. Hard to control shots.

5. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

**Necro***!!!

Hey guys sorry for the necro, but was hoping for an update on that string! It seems like it was dull under 28 pds, any info on 28+? If you had to choose between 80 80p 95 and 98 what would you go with! thanks

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I have been trying out the BG80 Power for about a month.... On my Z-Slash at 25lbs, I wasn't comfortable with BG80 and neither am I comfortable with this string....
    I found that BG80 was too hard for my liking, the BG80 Power felt slightly better from the medium feeling however I felt that around the net it was lacking and I couldnt have a feel around the net, my net shots kept going to high and really annoyed me as my preferred string BG66UM is able to prove me with.
    Over heads are satisfactory.... It could be better, the sounds is so so.... Smashes were good, better than the BG80 as I had to adjust my swing to hit the sweet spot and it didn't help as I was using my Z-Slash at the time

7. Vomit

Vomit Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I'm finding the BG80P a lot more durable than the regular BG80. I'll probably go for some BG80 next time to try and figure out which I prefer.

8. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

I am interested to know the ideal tension of BG80P for these racquets, anyone pls? VTZF, ARC10, AT900P. Appreciate ur time:)

9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    There isnt any ideal tension for particular racquet... only the preferable tension that you can play and handle comfortably...

10. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    Used to use BG80 a while back, then moved to BG66UM and have been loving it except for the durability. Found that I prefer medium feel more than the hard feel BG80 gave after restringing one of my rackets with BG80 recently. Have been playing with BG80P on and off for a few months but have now started using it more again. Definitely softer than BG80 which is what I like. Strung at 25lbs.

11. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Guess will give this a try when my string snaps... never going back to BG66UM anyone. The tension can only last 2 - 3 weeks...

12. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

hahaha, as you it's personal perference
    What do you think of the BG80 Power?
    I have been using it on my Z-Slash and don't personally like it, I don't like BG80 either.
    For me I really enjoy using BG66UM even though the tension goes after a while...

13. inbox

inbox Regular Member

I tried and conclude that BG80p tension can last at most up to a month or a little more. Follow on, it just feels dead....

25lbs on at700

14. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Just string my Kason C7 with BG80P at 27lbs... gonna try it tomorrow! :p

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Here is the pic...

Attached Files:

16. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Hi davlee,

tested? Any comment?

Sound like "piak" not "pop" leh..... :D

And less repulsive right.

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Depends on which string you compare to... if compared to BG66UM, definitely less repulsive since it is harder string and I string it at higher tension. Same goes with the sound.

As for me, I put higher attention to tension losing ability rather than sound. I am trying a few other string after giving up BG66UM due to its super fast tension losing. Hence, I am still finding and researching which is best for me. As for as BG80P, I cant say much yet as I only used it for maybe about an hour of play... needs more time to rate it :)

18. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Hi bro, any review to be share? :D

19. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Well, I guess I am not sensitive or pro enough to review on strings... by the way, I found that I string too high tension, not suitable for me.. but here are my opinions...

Strung BG80P at 27lbs..

Tension holding still very good after some games.. unlike BG66U. The string is a hard feeling string but like what many said, I think it felt some what like medium string but slightly harder... not as hard as BG80.

Repulsion wise, not much repulsion and not as good as BG66U or NBG98 (my other racket) but control is better where you can 'put' the shuttle where you want it to be. Smash, no problem with that but I prefer NBG98 smash...

I cannot really do a proper comparison as both my BG80P and NBG98 are strung at diff tension and diff racket... so... just a basic review

20. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Totally agreed with your review. Thanks man.