SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by staples, Feb 3, 2008.

1. staples

staples Regular Member

Totally! The guy that was introduced before him looked younger. :)

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Wow! That was some finish. Congrats Steeler Nation.

The BBC commentator's just embarrassing - he actually called a touchdown a "try", like they're playing rugby. Wish it was on Channel 5 instead, as they do a good job on all the regular season games (at least BBC borrowed Mike Carlson for the day).

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

YEAH BABY!
    All credit to Arizona who came alive in the 4th quarter but Ben is Ben. He's been doing the comeback thing all year long and did it once again. I'm still celebrating. Yeeha!!

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, they could borrow 'That Guy' from our part of the world :(
    It'd also be very kind of them if he could be permanently resettled.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Almost like déjà vu to last yr's Superbowl..

..hmm, once again, didn't watch the game until the 4th quarter..Now, why is the excitement had to start in the last quarter??..:confused:
    ..The Steel Curtain???..Looked like the Steel Curtain was shredded there (comparing the total yards by both teams).;)
    When i saw the score @ the start of the 4th quarter, i thought it would be over.
    madbad, I'm guessing you did a Hau-ge, by changing channels and avoiding to watch the game late in the 4th quarter, eh??..:p
    ..i thought both teams played well.
    It wasn't decided by a FG, but the final score was close enough.
    Congrats to the Steelers.

Overall, it was a pretty good game; at least it got exciting in the end. Although a couple of plays, one of which involved James Harrison, late in the game, got a little chippy.
    A surprised?? Not really as the favorite ended up winning the game; unlike last yr's.
    It basically came down to the Steelers (Ben and Holmes) making the plays with less than 2 minutes left in regulation. And the Cards not making the defensive stops they needed to. The Cards' D cost them the game (i'd say the Steelers got a bit fortunate to run into a team not known for their D, in the SB).

#105 ctjcad, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  6. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    I lose once again!!!!!
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I watched the game from start to finish, never turning away once. Typical Steelers–they cover the whole field, less a few inches, on the opening drive and have to settle for a field goal. A moral victory for the Cardinals.

They then score to go 10-0 up and were controlling the game nicely. Ben's interception was unlucky, having been tipped high into the air into the waiting arms of a Cardinal. The Cards score and regain a little momentum. The the big play to end the 1st half. Who knew James Harrison had the lungs to rumble 100 yards. As it turned out, barely the lungs as he laid breathless in the end zone. A huge momentum shifter, this one.

The Steelers had a great opportunity to put it away in the 3rd quarter but their inability to punch it in meant another field goal. Steelers 20 Cardinals 7. Then Fitzgerald got into the game and we all saw what an impact he can make. You can't defend this guy; just limit the damage he can cause. Well, the Steelers did the limiting for 3 quarters but Fitz took control in the 4th quarter. Warner seemed to have more time to find him too. Bang, bang and suddenly with 2 1/2 mins left, the Cards were thinking "We could win the Superbowl". Cardinals 23 Steelers 20.

It was then Ben's turn to go to work. Him and Santonio Holmes produced the magical drive, culminating in the pin point throw into the right corner over 3 defenders which Santonio grabbed, toes barely scraping the ground. These are drives that cement a player's legacy. Ben, as he has been all year, engineer yet another 4th quarter comeback. He's so clutch. Not the best overall numbers but produces when it matters most. Steelers 27 Cardinals 23.

At that point I was leaping up and down, hooping and hollering. Seconds later, it was over. The black and gold stood alone on top of the football world. 6 Superbowls, more than any one else in history. It's good to be a Steeler fan. :):)

8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Probably one of the most entertaining SB in the last decades or so....Fitz is a freak...too bad Cardinals D can't hold Big Ben and Holmes to a FG on the last drive, was rooting for OT! :)

9. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i feel bad for Bruce Springsteen. that accident involving the camera was quite... sad.

Oh, that final Steeler Drive was great. I was screaming. and when Holmes came through in the end zone, various profanities came out of my mouth against the Cardinal fans in the room.

oh well, i can't wait till next year. Singletary could produce a miracle.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Glad I stayed up to see the end :) (4:15~4:30AM). If the Cardinals hadn't scored the 20-16/7 I would've called it a night which was probably somewhere around 3:30AM/early 4th QRT.
    Somehow couldn't help but root for the underdog but after a few days I'm pretty pleased with the outcome :D. All in all a great game, possibly the best ever as some/many have said. I though so as well right after but who really remembers all the previous ones in detail?

H.I.S.T.O.R.Y.

[​IMG]

11. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

madbad,

whatcha gonna do in indy-ana? 11-0. looks like an undefeated season and another championship. go colts! hep hep!

it's like peyton and eli is alternating.

steelers ain't doing so well huh? vikings on the other hand are really great!

MealOrange,

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You're right. The Steelers are a little out of sorts at the moment. I'm hoping the can regroup and grab a wildcard spot before it's too late.

I guess we'll just have to go into Indy and beat their a$$ if they're in our way :D:D

13. MetalOrange

ha ha, you think? can they even beat the 49ers or the jets?

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

PPFFFFF [dismissive wave of the hand]

How would indy do without Peyton? Not very well, I imagine. We played without Ben, Troy and Aaron Smith against Baltimore and lost by just a field goal. We have a good system where players can slot in for the injured.

I hope we can recover in time from our stumble. I bet nobody would fancy taking on the Steelers in the playoffs.

15. MetalOrange

aw, everyone PWNs the steelers from now own, ha ha.

...colts getting in your way? how about them patriots?

#115 MetalOrange, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

We're letting everyone have their moment in the sun while we recover from injuries. Kinda like Lin Dan and his famous generous gestures. Come the playoffs, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

If the Patriots get in our way, we'll beat their a$$ too. Indy will also pwn the Pats if they meet. Just want to see someone, anyone shove the Superbowl up Belicheck's a$$ (OUCH!) ;):D

17. MetalOrange

oh beli don't want it up his argh!:D

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The Saints - flattering to deceive or the real deal?

The Vikings - a more complete package than the Saints?

19. MetalOrange

this is a trick for me. reggie bush is a better rb for the saints but brett favre as vikings qb i think is better. you know what i mean? i won't compare qb to qb or rb to rb on these 2 teams. because i don't know.

can the cards do it again?

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Brett Farve is the better QB!?! Wow only 3 picks this year! Must be his lowest ever ... which means they're due for the playoffs :p.
    Looks like it's time to start watching some games this season :cool:.

#120 demolidor, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009