Lin Dan has taken Xie Xingfang in marriage

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 14, 2010.

1. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

For non-Mandarin speaking baddy lovers... :)

(will try to do Part 2 later but it doesn't seem that interesting)

------------------

Host: let's see in real life, what are they like.

In baddy tournmanents, they have both gotten gold at the same time 15 times in total. Hence they are known as CN's "best matched famous baddy couple"

Host commented LD is darker. He replies he see himself in baddy vid, and find that he is too fair-looking, so he wants a change of image. XXF, prefers him darker, more handsome, but also more "tired-looking".

Any changes from dating couple to marraige partners? Not really. LD adds he still do centralized training, don't go home everyday, hence not that much difference.

XXF added now she is busy also. Cos last time busy from physical training from baddy. Now she is studying, so is busy from "brain-training" too.

XXF says she will go see LD's matches if she is free, esp. those on weekends. But it's tough for overseas tournaments.

Asked if she will cheer at vital points at his matches, she said, not really... she will PRAY. Pray that the opponents will make a mistake, haha.

Hosts says easier for her as supporter, cos his opponents are foreigners usually. So she asks is it a dilemma for him, when she oftens plays other CN WS opponents? He says, not really, he will still cheer and shout aloud, not cos he dislikes the other CN women teammates, but cos she is his gf.

When watching his games, other than seeing the match itself, spectators also come to see his off-court actions/antics.

05:47 Host asks XXF is she is praying for the opponent's shot to go out? She replied yes, and added cos she prayed, DEFINITELY the shot fell out. :D

XXF has high expectations of him, cannot lose.. must win. *audience laughs*

They don't have a trophy cabinet at home. His parents put his at their old house, in a small room. Added he doesn't need to be reminded at home, cos virtually his life revolves around baddy. Doesn't need physical reminders of his victories, in his heart will suffice.

Lot of romantic gestures captured on camera. First display was during 2004 TC, LD gave her peck on cheek, so it's revealed to all.

In 2007, LD captured his 3rd AE crown. After his match, he came back for XXF's prize presentation to present rose to her. LD claims that the 2004 incident, he was merely whispering to her, but cos of angle seems like a kiss. Cos he was emotional because together with BCL, they are first-time TC winners. XXF repeats again theydint kiss but she forgot what her reply was. Added the Indo statiuum very noisy, that they sing from start to finish.

09:44 XXf says her hands are dextrous and is patient, so they bought watercolours and she drew the CN flags on her teammates' cheeks.

The 2007 incident, initially he wanted to present the rose after she came down from the podium, but Guangdong journalists goad him to do it immediately! She was busy taking photos by the media. Team doctor told her after ENg flowers are expensive, not like in CN! After his win, he went to hotel to bath and went to buy the flowers. Was hoping she will win, cos if she had lost, it will be really awkward!

12:30 They went to sit ferris wheel in France. Was surprised it went 4 rounds, cos in CN it's only 1 round. At first on the ride XXF commented "ride is worthwhile cos more than 1 round". By the 3rd round, she was thinking it's neverending!

Their training history are in sync, as in LD enter centralized training 2 years after XXF... etc.

CN golden couple. 1981 XXF born in Guangzhou. LD in 1983 in Fujian. Both exhibited talent in baddy from young.

14:30 LD's mum recounted incident when young, village kids throwing slippers around, 1 of which got caught in roof gutter, all the kids were hapless and crying. But LD cleverly threw the other slipper up and knock on the gutter, and the trapped slipper was dislodged.

15:20 Host comment XXF legs very long since young (she is on RIGHT on the LCD screen). LD's parents like to dress him up as a girl, make him wear red.

16:16 Host commented XXF very slim and tall since young, LD chips in and praises her dad for being good-looking when young! XXF added her long limbs are inherited from her father.

LD entered sports school at 9, and XXF at 8, leaving their homes in the processss.

17:15 Host reads out 9y/o LD's homesick letter to his mum while at sports school.

17:40 XXF compliments LD on the envelope handwritting as being nice, but LD corrects by admitting the envelopes are PREWRITTEN by his mum before he left.

18:10 Gist of his (touching) letter:

"Ma, I miss you so much. When other freind's mums come, I long to see you. But everytime you go so fast! Now, sometimes I can't sleep or eat. Some nights, when I see my friend's parents give them timsum, how I wish I can bite into them too! *audience LOL*

BUT I CAN'T. Cos they are not mine. And I will then cry.

Every night I yearn for your next visit. Mum, I beg you to come soon. I miss you so much. I am doing good at training, please don't worry. Wish you in good health. Ma, you must come soon OK?!

I wait for you, byebye. I have written all my heartfelt words. MA YOU MUST COME!

Ma, every single second I think of you. Your son, LD."

20:00 LD jokes that never mention his dad. Explained that he was naughty, his dad was strict, so naturally more fearful of his dad and feels for his mother more.

Actually when he wrot ethe letter, it was his 1st time leaving his village. Not used to training methods, cos every single thing gotta do himself eg. tying shoelaces. Initially he homesick a lot, but after a few months, he really bonded with his fellow trainees and grew to become buddies with them.

21:05 XXF's parents send fruits and soup to her every Wed, added she is lucky, cos parents' house not as far away. A few times she bluffed sickness so as to skip training.

22:30 In 1995, 12y/o LD and 14y/o XXF went to PLA and GZ team respectively. Host added his army cap is very big, he says have to hold on when running else will fall. Jacket is ok, but pants are even looser!

23:18 Went to an island for army tranining. He thought that it's nice sandy beach and relaxing. But when he was there, it was full of rocks and no R&R at all!

24:00 He feels he is lucky cos of his baddy abilities, he wins tournaments and as a result he can jump over (minor) promotions and win honours. Compared ot the regular soldiers, they don't have a chance to represent the country/club in the same way.

24:40 17y/o LD offically entered national team and started his pro journey. And met XXf and it was love at first sight for him.

25:10 XXF says she don't really remember her 1st encounter of LD, but LD says he definitely remembers!

LD first met XXF, cos his teammate says over there, there is a tall pretty girl with long legs playing. He went over to verify and he agreed!

He added she was an earlier batch so no real opportunity to interact. Also was timid as he was still young. And secretly admired her from afar. LD added that she probably didn't notice him as he wasn't really exceptional back then.

XXF says in KO, she first noticed him. She noticed he was very animated, esp. when the line judge gave a wrong call on LD's opponent whose shot actually went out. So he was gesturing at him (27:15)... "YOU SEE PROPERLY!" (cos of the language barrier)

LD says as athletes they are ciompetitive and when they see wrong calls, they get agitated. And esp. when the line judge is favouring the opponent of the same nationality , blatantly make the wrong call. Even a few times!

28:20 XXF feels that his on-court behaviour is very interesting and varied.

28:48 LD added that he felt XXF looks like a model in 1 of Leon Lai's mtv. Host says both XXf and the model looks pretty, but not really alike. But LD says he asks his teammates, and they agree they look similar!

30:00 LD has a nickname for XXF: Qiu1 Xiang1 (literally "autumn fragrance").

31:00 LD feels that asking her directly for her tel no. is more sincere, and also more private (word won't get around).

He asked for her no. casually while at a post-training team massage. Host says he is very strategic to choose that time! Cos at massage time, people will be relaxing and not on their guard. And when he is lying down, nobody can see the shyness in his face.

Their 1st meal after is Japanese. He feels their distance is closer after eating. When LD 1st expresses his feeling, XXF was surprised and 1st reaction was impoosible! Cos it wasn't fashionable (at that time) cos she is older than him. But he persisted and bought her a present after a particular tournament, then walk away (so cool!) The 1st gift were cheap slippers... lol.

33:30 He was caring and observed that her old pair was old and used for a long time. Host asks if she felt touched, XXf replied, not really... but feel weird cos most people don't usually give slippers as a 1st gift (to make an impresssion).

33:50: In reply to Weibo qn, LD says he did not have a special proposal planned actually.

XXF says their wedding dinner, will for sure be big scale, and invite many relaties and friends. And she thinks she will cry bucketloads defnitely. LD jokes tt he better save up more for the wedding then!

LD hopes that their dinner in 2012 or 2013, will be a nice surprise for XXF. And added that for sure, will definitely have a baddy theme cos of their common background. LD says he can't say anymore else it won't be a surprise.

35:45 LD adds wedding planning is difficult now cos OLY coming soon, and he ranks it as very high prioirty. And it's a major goal for him.

They don't mind their kid next time will go baddy tranining also, and in closing, XXF adds that she doesn't mind if training for their kid is as tough as it was them last time.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Great job, axl886. Now coblat must be a happy man.:)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chris, that wasn't what appeared on the video. Please read post #81.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Thanks axl886 for the translation.

We can see how shy Lin Dan is.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D I didn't translate it, I summarised that Lin Dan is a happy man now. :D:D:D

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    why is this guy always with shoes thingy?? lol

7. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Just found from XXF blog:

386756_315493258478997_199248293436828_1195212_426931020_n.jpg
    XXF is really good and considerate wife...
    LD is sooo lucky :)

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LD is indeed lucky. He gets much help from XXF who knows what he needs when participating in tournaments.

From the photo, it looks like XXF is packing/checking if everything is there, as required in LD's bag.

9. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Yes, no wonder they could be engaged for almost 7 years before decided to married in last year :)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D Hahaha... I wonder if they checked and/or packed each other's bags, over the last 7 years, before they got married.

11. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Hahaha.... I mean is more to XXF's considerate no other :):D

12. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

how can you be sure XXF is not checking for contraband items inside LD's bag? :D:D

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

14. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yes, I had watched that video :)
    Surprise the video was made by their fans from INA :D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LD and XXF have fans in all countries

:D:D:D Now you know, LD and XXF have fans in ALL countries.

Why do you think I started a thread for them? :D:D:D

16. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Hahaha.... Actually, I am fans of LD and XXF too :D:D

But, just surprise cos in my observation fans of LD and XXF unable to compete with fans of LYD as well as fans of BCL in INA.. :D

#96 luvina, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Congratulations once again to Xie Xingfang, and to the lucky groom, Lin Dan.

Each of them gave all of us much happiness and joy separately, when they played as top badminton players for so many years. I join the millions in wishing them much happiness and joy together now, for many, many years.

18. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Looks no pictures LD & XXF wedding ceremony on September 23, 2012 taken at the Beijing University of Technology.
    So I try to upload some pictures from LD's baidu... :)

13.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Ok I just gotta ask - who's the lady 2nd from R in the top photo? :D

PS: Lucky LXR dun have that mop of hair when she's playing usually - her court vision will be hampered for sure... heh.

#99 axl886, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  20. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    She is actress Yang Jingru, XXF's friend :)