Park Joo Bong

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by reaper, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm glad to note that there is a future national player for Denmark in our midst.
    Keep up the good work for we want you to succeed, reaper! I'm sure we will hear more from and about you.

2. reaper

reaper Regular Member

Retired badminton player, LOL =P PRE-MED STUDENT (
    Thanks Loh, but after four months in Denmark, it's back to Canada. That is the plan for now. :D Peter Gade was saying that he would let me spend a day in the Danish training center, if that happens, I will post as many pics as I can, I am buying a NEW digital camera to bring to Denmark with me.

3. economet

economet Regular Member

The project in which Park, Joobong, is involved is just postponed because of financing problem. The project turned out somehow too large. But the last thing I've heard is that his partner, the main investor, is firmly determined to continue their project.

He is active in the Korean national team just on the request of the Korean Badminton Association. He now left his family in Malaysia and will immediately resume his activities in Malaysia after the Olympic Games. He has got a best running badminton equipment business based in Malaysia. The centre of his life is definitely Malaysia at the moment.

4. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Mr Park is a good Coach.

5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Coach Park Joo Bong became Doctor

The legendary player, currently the head coach of Japan National Team, Park Joo Bong, who has a nickname of "Emperor of Shuttlecock", now became Doctor. On August 20th, the coach Park got his Ph.D. degree from SoonCheonHyang University in Korea. His thesis title is "Modeling and analysis on the perfectionism, stress management, and achievement orientation of badminton players."

"While leading the Japanese Team, I have come to Korea to study a couple of times a month. Probably I've piled up quite a lot of air mileage," he said.

"You can teach the skills according to each player's style. But I thought mental part is very common phenomenon for all the players irrespective of nationality. The questionnaire responses from the players in Korea and Japan are also contained in the paper." He also melted down his own experiences in it he had felt playing in the Olympics.

Park added, "as elite players are ultimately aiming at the Olympic Games, they get huge pressures that they must play perfectly in the Olympics. This thesis touches that part."

"After my current contract finishes and a chance is open to me, I'd like to help Korean players based upon my coaching experiences I've got in foreign countries for the past 10 years."

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/sports/2009/08/20/1007000000AKR20090820093800007.HTML?template=3069

#25 narnia, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Dr Park, the best doubles player ever, bar none!

#26 AlanY, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    He is the man MAS needs to help MAS player to overcome the mentality problem....

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I thought..^^

..MAS' national squad had him as one of the coaches before??..Are you asking BAM to get Mr. Park back??..

9. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    thats awesome reaper!!! i can only hope someday soon i get the opportunity to train overseas!!! An old training partner of mine from australia Ashley Moss plays for a Division I Danish club currently!! Maybe next year when i get strong enough and if i make the Australian national squad ill go for a holiday to train with him.

Keep us updated its really exciting too see!!!!!

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Yes. He had a become BAM coach before. But last time he did not have the PHD title mah.....:p

11. event

event Regular Member

Wrong thread perhaps? This looks more like a PM, in fact. Oh, wait. I see now the 5-year-old post you were responding to, itself unrecognizably off-topic for such a thread.

#31 event, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think reaper went to medical school in the end.:)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well, looks like PJB is the second Korean badminton player to receive a Ph.D after KDM. It is not very surprising though that Korea takes education very seriously and even professional players ultimately achieve their doctorate degrees, something very rare indeed!

Both Koreans are world-class Olympians and I can't help but think that their brains might have something to do with their world-class achievements.

Just wonder though whether they have to get their masters degree before progressing to the doctorate after their first degrees. ;)

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

They should and did.

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    amazing.... most msian players cant even finish SPM..

16. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    are u sure ??how do u know that?who are the "players"?

17. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    amazing he is quite fluent in Japanese. He is coaching in Japan. Many critics say that Japanese badminton level went up after Park Joo Bong is coaching.

18. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Just out of curiosity, why does Park Joo Bong speak Japanese? How did he learn to speak Japanese fluently?

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

In 1910, Korea was annexed by Japan and remained a colony until the end of World War II in August 1945.

is that answered your question?

20. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That is correct. But does it really answer the question? I don't know if you were joking, but Park Joo Bong was born on 1964, almost 20 years after the colonization.

Indonesia was colonized by the Japanese (for 3,5 years) and the Dutch (for 350 years) till the late of 1940s. But that doesn't mean us Indonesian people definitely can speak their language, even people who was born on the period of 1940s.