Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The saying is "cannot dance, blame the floor". Fundamental excuse. ;) They think that everyone or the public is dumb. ;)

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday October 8, 2011
    Kim Her welcomes Yong-sung’s coaching input
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: For national doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her, two heads is better than one when it comes to turning men’s doubles pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong into gold medal winners at next year’s London Olympic Games.
    Yesterday, Kim Her welcomed the decision to hire former South Korean doubles ace Yoo Yong-sung but he was quick to add that the latter’s presence would not create uneasiness among the coaches.
    Yong-sung will be the fifth coach under the charge of Kim Her. The others are Pang Cheh Chang, Rosman Razak (men’s doubles), Rexy Mainaky and Jeremy Gan (women’s and mixed doubles).
    For now, Yong-sung, the two-time Olympic Games silver medallist, will be assisting Cheh Chang to elevate the standard of world number five Kien Keat-Boon Heong.
    “I believe successful coaching depends on team work and collective efforts.
    “I do not want the coaching job here to be turned into a one-man show. We are doing away with the old system and starting anew,” said Kim Her.
    ”We do not want to hold one person responsible for the success or failure of a player but it will fall back on the team of coaches.
    “Yong-sung comes with good credentials and he will be able to contribute. I should know because I have worked in South Korea before. I know how committed and dedicated the Koreans can be.”
    Kim Her said that he wanted the coaches to be interactive and hold regular discussion among themselves to iron out the players’ weaknesses.
    “For now, Yong-sung’s job is to observe Koo and Tan’s performances in training and give ideas on how to improve their game. He will discuss his findings with Pang who will use it to improvise his programme for Koo and Tan,” said Kim Her.
    “We want the coaches to come together to analyse the players’ performances. It will be about sharing resources and knowledge. Ultimately, we want the coaches to give the best for the players and maximise the players’ true potential.
    “I am also planning to hand over all the junior doubles players who come through the BJSS (Bukit Jalil Sports School) to Yong-sung who will start coaching these players only after they have competed in the World Junior Champ*ionships (Oct 28-Nov 6 in Taiwan).
    “He will also help out when there is a need to handle the back-up players.”
    Kim Her said that he was making use of his experience coaching in South Korea and Eng*land to give the best service to the coaches and players.
    “In England, I learnt the importance of being independent. In South Korea, it was about discipline. I am trying to merge both in Malaysia. I want our players to be both independent and disciplined.
    “Yong-sung can share with our players too on how disciplined the Korean players can be,” said Kim Her.
    “Our players must start thinking for themselves and also learn to analyse their own game too. I want them to talk more openly to their coaches and always have the desire to improve. The coaches can give so much but at the end of the day, the players must also play their part.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/10/8/sports/9657336.asp&sec=sports

3. extremenanopowe

Good one TKH. I believe RM also said this. ;)

The coaches can give so much but at the end of the day, the players must also play their part.”

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2 heads is better than one, 4 heads is better than 2

Tan Kim Her has forgotten to include the other 2 heads; I mean the heads belonging to KKK and TBH. :D:D:D

Anyway, Good luck to all 4 of them.

Let's wait and see what type of new approach them 4 could come up with in months to come. ;););)

5. extremenanopowe

IMHO, those 2 heads are not counted. There's no brain inside. Need a Korean coach to whip them. Indonesian and Malaysian is not good enough. LMAO. ;)

6. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Hopefully YYS being himself a left-handed player can help to improve TBH significantly. Some of his matches in the past shows that he had great accuracy with his placings from the back of the court, not just relying on power. I think he was twice Olympic games silver medalist in MD.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

That is a very good point

That is a very good point. :):):)

I also believe that a left-handed coach can demonstrate movement better for TBH; for TBH to follow in an exact manner, not only in stroke production, but also in footwork.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, exactly....TBH is lacking of agility and speed in movement when making a series of attacks...

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    when got chance to smash/smack...KKK/TBH still can afford to drop the shuttle or just push the shuttle low...
    while CY/FHF or LYD/JJS will smash like there is no tomorrow....simple as that...

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Fitness???;)

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

At its lowest level for top world class players..................

12. extremenanopowe

Lets to back to the root of the problem. What is their biggest problem? Footwork? ;)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Agree. TBH can't smash more than 2x in a row, after that he loses power and starts huffing and puffing. Compared to JJS, FHF, MK, Mogensen, Septano, TBH is the least fit.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Probably TBH is always trying to 'kill' to finish the rally when not really in position to do so.

Perhaps it's better for TBH to only go 'full blast' at the appropriate time. At other times, he should only smash lighter/softer (to set up for a better position) before applying his 'killer smash'.

15. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Agreed that TBH has never been able to keep smashing.
    Unlike Kido or JJS, who are short guys relatively, and yet they jump sky-high multiple times to whack those smashes. They are like machines!! I watch them play and it never fails to amaze me.
    Maybe TBH need to do more gymwork to build up the muscles.
    I also think they have better footwork than TBH, sometimes TBH looks a bit too casual (some may even say lazy!) on court, whilst if you look at JJS, FHF, they are always very lively and mobile. Kido seems to have slowed down a bit, probably due to injuries and illness.

Basically, whenever I watch the matches between LYD/JJS vs CY/FHF, the games are always very lively, a lot of attacking and smashing. This is as opposed to watching KKK/TBH playing against either one of those pairs, where there isn't as much. It doesn't seem to be KKK/TBH's style to keep whacking the ball like LYD/JJS or CY/FHF.

YYS is not a particularly tall guy either, so maybe like what Chris-CCC says, that YYS will be able to guide TBH footwork more. And I certainly also agree that TBH's variety of strokes can still improve.

Which then brings us to the other point. We are talking a lot about TBH. What about Mr. Flamboyant KKK? How can he improve? He certainly has a lot of creativity/deception and better strokeplay than TBH. Maybe he needs to be improve consistency and be more ruthless at the frontcourt like Cai Yun? But then again, CY is not the same type of creative/skillful player like KKK. What about comparing KKK vs LYD? Again, I feel that KKK is more creative and skillful slightly more than LYD. But LYD has the edge in consistency, and he can also play from the back of the court better than KKK.

I think that to suppress KKK's flamboyant style is not the way to go, because that's how he plays and that's what gives him an edge over his opponents. How can we take the best of LYD/CY/Setiawan and input them into KKK's best and make him a better player? That's the million dollar question that Pang Cheh Chang, Tan Kim Her, Rosman, and now Yoo Yong-sung will have to answer.
    We live in exciting times. :D

16. extremenanopowe

It will be a shame for them since we bcers can find their weak spot and yet they did not improve on it. Why need a coach then if their weaknesses are so glaring? ;)

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    What a mess!! I thought BAM will ask Tan Kim Her to train these guys..now you kicked out Gold Medalist Rexy but hiring silver Medalists YYS??? what a joke!now silver is better than gold...the real problem is on the players..KKK is too comfortable with his life style..all they can do is cut their errors, no fancy fancy shots..KKK should stop drinking and party hards on weekend...everybody knows his lifestyle...if he stops that..trust me!! their performance will improve...

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Quick hire Rudy as KKK's coach before Rudy changes his mind:D...at the highest MD level, there is little that separate TBH/KKK from the other top 4. It comes down to speed, agility, power smash, stamina, etc which in turn needs fitness to deliver and that is lacking in TBH/KKK. Rexy is a proven coach and world class player who knows what is needed to be a champion. I am not sure if Rexy is forceful enough to instill the discipline in TBH/KKK to train on fitness, in other words, is Rexy a nice guy. Koreans are famous for their fitness which is equal to CHN. YYS won 2 OLY silver, that is no easy feat to maintain that standard for 2 OLY games. Can YYS tell KKK/TBH no farting around and meant business or will KKK/TBH revert the same old, same old and tell YYS to screw of if the training gets too tough:p:D

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Because he is slow thats why he often not in position.................

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Maybe they are too lazy to change it.......It takes lot of efforts and hard works you know ?