STOX WOVEN 2 - comment.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BigHam, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

Anybody has STOX woven 2? How is the performance? Please provide similar racket (can be other brand) for reference / for comparison.

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I am a fan of the SOTX Woven 2. :)
    It is stiff but not excessively so. It is slightly head heavy. It is listed as 88g but plays as if it were lighter.

If you are a big smash maniac who is used to a Yonex AT700, you may not be pleased.
    If you are a fast-driving double's frontman who is used to a super-stiff head-light Nanospeed 9000X, you may not be pleased.

But if you are a well-balanced player who is looking for a midpoint between speed and power, then you may very well find this good (and affordable!).

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Nice racket. Like a dumbed down Woven 7 (Slightly lighter, more flexible & very slightly less head heavy). A nice attacking racket which is not too hard to use.

4. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

THANKS. How it compare with other brands mid-level rackets, such as

Victor - super nano pro 6 or ARTERY TEC TI 99
    YY - VT 7, Ti 10
    RSL - HEAT 500 / 600
    FLEET - WOVEN 999
    .....etc.

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Are those the rackets you've tried before?
    I can't compare to the rackets you've listed, since I've never used any of them.
    It might compare more with the Victor ArteryTec 95 which I believe is less head heavy than AT99. But I've only swung a AT95 in a store, not on a court.

Spurred by your original post, I used my Woven 2 last night. Doubles with three players all better than I am. Was quite pleasantly pleased with the W2.

I'll say again, if you are looking for a very head-heavy aggressive racket, you are better off with Woven 4, 7, 11. More or less balanced 8,9,12, 13,16. Head light: 5, 6.

6. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

Sotx woven 8a (e78 - HK$662) - lovely racket
    Wilson klite - more flexible shaft, so easier to do a flick when trying to reach for a shot.
    Rsl m11 heat 600 (啟生 - HK$580) - don't know why I bought it, because it feels too head heavy to me.

Guess I prefer medium to slightly stiff shaft.
    Balanced or slightly heavy headed rackets.

I am just a recreational player. Trying to get fit by playing badminton.

So where about do you live in HK?

7. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

if I was going to get another racket.

victor sw37 at HK$880 would be my first choice

8. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

Yes, I live in HK. Not many people here use STOX rackets. May be too less store selling this brand.

I did have 2 rackets on my hand, although their weight is similar (according to STOX website), W2 is lighter than W7. Also I'm afraid W7 is too stiff that W2 may be my choice.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    If you can afford it, you may want to try out the Woven 9.

The W9 is more flexible than the W7, even-balanced and lighter overall. It can pack a powerful punch, and is very quick. It has been favourably compared by many people to the AT900T. So it can't be a bad product! :D

10. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

I actually live in HK now. In NT. That was why I was wondering where about you live in HK.

so are you after a head heavy racket? looks like both w2 and w7 are head heavy balanced. w7 more so.

sotx stiffness rating is based on degree of flex. So higher number = more flexible.
    http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/racket_comparison.php

11. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I've tried Woven 9, owned Woven 7 and still own Woven 2. Also have used AT 900T several times.

I do not think the Woven 9 has the same punch as At 900T. But I guess that depends on swing style.

The Woven 7 is solid. The weight helps the clears and give firmness to blocks. But you need good technique and a strong wrist to get the powerful smash that the strong folks sing praises about.

The Woven 2 is very accessible for the average/intermediate player. But it is no sissy racket..... it can deliver power---which is , of course, up to the user. The value for price is hard to beat.

But of course yours is the opinion that counts, BigHam. With a nickname like that you probably have muscles enough to add 2lb of lead tape to the head of a Woven 11!!

12. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

Thanks all....

How about W4A? The spec. of this model on Stox website seems not bad, in between W2 & W7.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    W4A is more flexible than both 2 & 7.

14. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

since we're here on the topic of Sotx Woven series, does anyone knows where to get a Woven 9/9A, can be new or pre-owned mint condition? been looking over the shops, but cant seem to find any left....thanks.

15. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hi ppl
    I own a sotx w2 since 2008 and i can give my opinions about it, even i m being a poor technique player.
    I feel that in general it resembles to the old YY armortecs (little more ofensive than at500 and less head heavy than at700 3u) and and it is on par with the armortec main conception (the traditional offensive: head heavy + stiff shaft).
    I agree that it is an unconfortable racket to play doubles, except if you are the male in XD. It is a racket that takes time you to get used to since it is necessary to get the best results that you use the proper swing technique and forearm rotations and both at high speed, which i think it is a common feature of the stiff rackets.
    This racket has a big advantage and that is that it can bear high tensions without problems, which it is a kind of the sotx signature.
    In general you can say about sotx w2 as being a stiff and HH racket, for the advanced offensive player.

16. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

I like the slimness of sotx w7, very good power, good defence. Do their w2 or w4 series also feature a slim frame like w7 ?. Do their w8/w9/w11/w16 slimmer than w7 ?. It's too bad that sotx racket is hard to get in my country.

17. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    here's your site

http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/results.php?pid=Power+Boss+Woven

call them up! they are real friendly

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You could also try ibuysports.com
    they are reputed to be very reliable.

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

puppysports.com in Hong Kong is another SOTX dealer.