Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As if his ankle injury isn't bad enough, now this has to happen, a serious family problem to compound it. Either of this would have broken the spirit of any lesser man except that Lee C W is an extraordinary sportsman, his skills won't desert him but whether his body can take it or not will depend on his willpower and determination. I can only cheer him on.:)

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    if i'm not mistake lcw want to bring his father to kl and stay with him, but his father refuse.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It doesn't matter...

It doesn't matter... It didn't result in a grave misfortune.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If LCW's father indeed wanted to commit suicide and so close to OLY12 starting, I am thinking whether is it depression, and that's a very serious sickness and I personally knew of some friends of us have this sickness. If it is otherwise, even if his father wanted to commit suicide now, he would know what effect that has on Dato's preparation, as if Dato current injury is already a huge concern to Dato's readiness. Suicide would seriously disrupt Dato's mental preparation and no matter how tough and discipline a player is, that would be a huge obstacle to overcome.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Be careful when you are back for your next vacation. They will look you up for bribery, not attempted bribery and you will be found guilty.
    And how to spot you?
    I think will know one when they see a tough bird.

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    why dont we speculate too much. just believe what the old guy saying.
    sometimes, when i am frustrated, i just sit in coffee shop with a cup of coffee and read newspaper.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Recently in Singapore, a young China national tried to beat the red light and smashed his powerful sports car onto the left side of a taxi cab killing both himself and the taxi driver, who still have dependants to feed. I think the taxi passenger, a Japanese lady, also died from the impact.

LCW has to be very careful with so many sports cars!

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I would go out to play badminton instead, since sitting in a coffee shop & read newspaper will cost me more money than playing badminton which at the end will stress me up :p

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That's why you're not a mod, see? :D

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I dunno how many cars a person needs or wants, but to each his own and LCW works hard to deserve those cars...I suppose he must find a way to make economic sense investing in cars which in most cases is a money losing venture. Really, KL roads are so congested, what can a Lambo or Audi R8 do?
    We too have idiots racing cars late at night in remote area and one of these days, someone will get hurt and the unfortunate thing is some bystanders will be victimized as well.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LCW can drive faster than LD can

I asked LCW - Why spend so much money on cars?

He said it's because of 2 reasons;

1. The car salesman was superior.
    2. LCW can drive faster than LD can.
    :D:D:D

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Too dangerous!

The Dato should show his superiority against LD on the badminton court, not the open roads with a fast car! :eek::cool:

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Some people like Dato love cars, free choice and it's his $$$. Good for the Italian economy after all Euro is tanking...fast:D
    I seen people with expensive cars in Canada, parking far away from other vehicles (afraid of paint scratch and body dents), keeping those cars shinny and spankling clean all the time...must be quite a stress and chore. wonder how many of those Lambo, Maserati, R8 in Penang and MAS, and where/who knows how to properly service them. I can't see Lambo/Maserati opening a dealer ship in MAS, Audi could be possible since it is Volkswagen parent company.

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    You've probably been away from Malaysia for far too long =D....Lamborghini just opened a new large showroom in KL, replacing their old showroom. Audi is fast becoming as common as Mercs and BMWs. Maserati is sold in a huge showroom alongside Ferrari. In fact, I reckon Ferraris are a more common sight than R8s in Malaysia. On where they drive their supercars...there's always the F1 circuit, otherwise it's on the highways. by the way...can see Dato's Blue Bentley along with some of the cars that participated in KKK's brother's wedding....
    http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2156394&view=findpost&p=52171990

#8214 **KZ**, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are right...I have been away too long, 34 years ago and counting...:D

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday June 16, 2012
    Chong Wei enters the property development business
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s family did not own any property when he made the bold move to switch base from Penang to Kuala Lumpur in search of badminton stardom almost 12 years ago.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei joined forces with several business associates to launch his very own luxury condominium project – A Residency D’Suria at Ampang Hilir – with the smallest unit costing a cool half a million ringgit.
    Chong Wei, a director of Chong Wei Bina Jaya, a housing development company, was present with the other co-owners at the “My Dream House” property launch at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
    For Chong Wei, it was his first public appearance since a family problem, involving his father Lee Ah Chai, hit the headlines last week.
    [​IMG] File picture shows Lee Chong Wei returning a shot to Shon Wan-Ho of South Korea during their men's singles final match at the India Open Super Series badminton tournament in New Delhi on April 29, 2012. - REUTERS/Adnan Abidi
    Chong Wei said it was pointless to dwell on the past.
    “Yes, there were family problems but it’s in the past now. It’s all settled and I don’t want to worry about it. For now, I’m focused on the future,” he said.
    “I have made up my mind to be involved in business after my retirement. This (the launch of the condominium project) is my future. I need something to fall back after I stop playing badminton,” said Chong Wei.
    “As a child growing up, my family didn’t own any landed properties. As a player, I had a dream to buy a house for my family and I have done that. Now, I’m in this business so that I can provide others with homes.”
    Although, Chong Wei is all excited about entering the business world, his immediate task is to get into shape for the London Olympics next month.
    The badminton competition is from July 28-Aug 5 and Chong Wei is seen as the man to fulfil Malaysia’s elusive dream of an Olympic gold medal.
    Chong Wei, who injured his ankle during the Thomas Cup Finals last month, said he would be trying out court training next week.
    “I was really worried about my Olympic preparation after the injury. I’m still recovering but things are getting better. I will try out court training next week and see where I stand. There are about five weeks more and I can only get better,” said Chong Wei.
    “For now, it’s all about mental readiness. There’s pressure on me because expectations are high. I can only promise that I will go all out as this is my last shot at the Olympic Games.”
    Chong Wei’s main rivals are China’s top three players – Lin Dan, Chen Long and Chen Jin. Lin Dan and Chen Long surprisingly lost in the Thailand Open and Indonesia Open respectively – probably part of China’s mind games ahead of the Olympics.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/6/16/sports/11493408.asp&sec=sports

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I will try out court training next week

Awaiting to read about LCW's court training next week.

#8217 chris-ccc, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

c'mon, nobody going into the property business to provide homes for other.
    people into the property business is because of big money in it, admit it, it's nothing wrong with that.

if he is building houses to give them away to the poor, i'll eat my hat.

#8218 AlanY, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hahaha... Don't be surprised if LCW would also enter the restaurant business - to provide food for others. :D:D:D

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    or maybe he will take the profits from the luxury condo sales and build some low-cost housing for the poor.