Junior badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by avidshuttler, Jun 6, 2007.

1. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

hey any 1 here play in the circuit.

2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

Y Bjss cannot join circuit..? all the circuit division2 players are from Bjss and just a few of them are from their state associaitons..

3. blessing

blessing Regular Member

muahah.. me too have to concentrate in my studies as dis yr is going to be a pretty tough year for me as well.. but.. i still train 3 days a week.. lolz.. homework still as bad as ever.. have to burn midnite oil.. *sobz*

4. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Lol, SPM too? Hahaha... homework is one thing.. Usually I end up with 2 choices, finish homework then sleep, or don't finish, study(more important to me) then sleep. But usually I end up finishing homework..:cool:

Actually I can concentrate on both.. no problem.. but in form 4 I wanted to be more active in koko activities.. Even without badminton now my schedule involves a lot of koko.. need the certs.. badminton certs alone not enough.. and what was frustrating about badminton was.. yes, you win gold medals.. but rarely no cert to prove it. So if I want any scholarship interview I'd have to drag all my medals and trophies along? :mad: I'm talking about the not-so-bigshot tournaments of course.. I know some of the 'higher class' tournaments usually give certs.

So instead of training I joined 1 uniform society, 3 clubs and am active in my sports house. Lol. Okay, so maybe the 3 clubs is going overboard... but I was interested in them all.. :p

#44 Joanne, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  5. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

i think they can join the circuit

6. blessing

blessing Regular Member

lolz.. yaya.. form 5 too.. my cases same as u.. badminton do not affect my studies.. but the only thing is i'm lazy to study.. coz dun have so much interest on it.. interested more on badminton..:D:D:D i did not passed up my work as i need to went for centralise training.. then my english teacher said.. "Ya.. Badminton will give u an A for your English..." lolz.. 'higher class' provide certs..? haha.. do u ever heard of Tunas Cemerlang tournament? its a tournament for juniors below 16 in the whole country.. there are physical test.. technical or skills test n competition.. my bro n me won for that but we were not given single cert.. my bro won again for that d following yr but did not receive any too.. not every tournaments provide certs.. they should give certs actually..

7. blessing

blessing Regular Member

most of the local circuit division 2 players are from BJSS..

8. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hahaha I don't like to study too but I force myself to study.. got brain never use a bit wasted ler. :p Hoping for a scholarship, don't want my parents spending money on my education when I can get it free.. :D

I know KL Open they gave certs lah.. I didn't join(too many reasons to give) but my friend won.. and I saw her cert.. looked quite professional.

Yeah lor they should give.. when my partner and I won the title in a mix doubles tournament we didn't get a cert.. the badminton bag, racquet, hamper etc etc maybe worth a lot lah.. but honestly I'd exchange all, even the gold medal for a single cheap printed paper/certificate as proof. Even worse, I wanted it to be included in my koko marks for my sport, but my teacher wanted proof! Wah I tell you.. geram lah.. show medal also no name.. It was the only tournament that I decided to ask my teacher for marks.. cause represented district in that tournament.. other tournaments I just played under my school's name/training academy's name. But at the end of the day.. NO CERT. :cool:

At least in school I get so many certificates, from school level to national level(quizzes/essay competitions/choral speaking etc).. seems so much easier to get.. lose also get cert.. badminton champ also no cert.. :mad:

So in school don't like also take part lah.. I'm running 4 events(4X400m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m) for my house.. may not get a cert, but my teacher will include in koko.. seems so much more worth it to do something I dislike(hate running, so boring.. but no choice lah I want some koko) compared to badminton(something I really love).

Conclusion: Juggling studies and badminton is no problem.. but in studies if you want to win a scholarship have to drop badminton(unless they start giving certs out), if you want to excel in badminton.. well.. I suppose you're following your heart's passion. :)

#48 Joanne, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  9. blessing

blessing Regular Member

haha.. teacher wanna prove izit...? give ur tournament letter to him/her.. dis is the best prove other den cert.. lolz..

10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol.. everything was done by my coach lah.. he usually did everything, he kept our details like names, IC no. etc. All we did was wait for him to fetch us for any tournament.

What's a tournament letter anyway? You mean you win they give you a letter? Lol!

11. blessing

blessing Regular Member

lolz.. pengsan.. every tournament u attended sure got letter to ur sch 1.. like circuit tournament.. u need to skip the sch for 3-4 days as u need to attend the tournament.. so the organiser will post or fax a letter to ur sch to inform ur sch personnel..

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

Lolz.. i didnt say that BJSS kenot join circuit... i'm here to mention again.. ALL THE CIRCUIT TOURNAMENT [DIVISION 2] ARE BJSS PLAYERS and some of the association players... third time dy.. phew~

13. avidshuttler

avidshuttler Regular Member

student
    i hv received yr message .....loud & clear

14. blessing

blessing Regular Member

muahahahaa.. thank you very very very very very much........ lolzzzz :D:D

15. avidshuttler

student
    u r most welcome.... blessing:)

16. avidshuttler

student
    so blessing, when and where is the next circuit?
    How is your preparation for it?

17. blessing

blessing Regular Member

after so much of circuits.. i think the nest will be the circuit finals gua.. will be held somewhere pahang or perak.. forgotten dy. i'm still not up to standard to qualify for the finals yet.. lolz..

18. avidshuttler

student
    i m sure if u keep training... u will be there soon;). Which state were u from b4 joining BJSS?

19. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hahahaha... nope, all the tournaments I joined nothing to do with my school one... my school's koko teacher is super protective of his athletes, he doesn't allow his runners to do any other sports.. including badminton.. anyway that's an altogether different story.

Haha.. maybe only circuit they send lah.. the tournaments I used to join everything handled by my coach. And I rarely ever took part in tournaments that forced me to skip school(apart from the once a year MSSD lah, no choice that one). Parents always say.. studies first... always use my cousin as an example.. she was a state player, even represented Malaysia a few times when in her teens(not our generation... about 10 years ago generation) and in the end.. she quit to concentrate on studies. :rolleyes:

But anyway, competitions are a thing of the past for me.. so you all update how you all do okay.. I'll read and enjoy. =) Hehehe.

20. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hahaha.. u judged me too high ady.. i'm not a bj player lo.. lolz..