Just ordered 500doz aeroplane eg1130(black)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by dreamlu, May 9, 2008.

1. teahouse88

teahouse88 Regular Member

wow you guys pay so much for those aeroplane 1130 over there. I say it's expensive cost i buy them by the tube here in a club and it only cost me $17USD and $20AUD is like $18 something and you buying like 500 tubes. Think you got rip off

2. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

well it seems that money is no major issue for you...i'm not exactly sure how much they'll tax you, australia's customs is quite retarded, so if you write gift for 500 tubes i'm quite sure they'll be stupid enough to not tax you. But in the rare event they DO tax you, my guess is somewhere around 30%, our tariffs on consumer products are very high, importing and paying the tax normally means its still cheaper than buying locally, most things here are at least 50% more expensive than asia...

But are you sure thats the cheapest you can get? I mean its $19 just buying out of a shop in HK. While $20 is a fair price, buying 500 tubes is quite insane especially for australia's weather. Also have you tried RSL classic? Aeroplane black is on par with AS50, but RSL classic is just behind the two, and you can get those at around $15/tube, once again, just out of a shop in HK.

Btw all of these shuttles are great, much better than shuttles any clubs around melbourne uses

3. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    are you sure it is EG1130 black lable? as there are few kinds of aeroplane 1130. if yes, can you please ask the seller how he gets so cheap, from the factory or the wholeseller? has it been repakaged? thank you very much. :)

4. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    thanks mate, do you know anywhere i can get rsl classic for $AUD15/tube? i heard it is really good from a lot of players as well. thank you again.

5. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    thanks mate, do you know anywhere i can get rsl classic for $AUD15/tube? i heard it is really good from a lot of players as well. thank you again.

6. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Hmmm i'm not sure how u can get it, if you know someone in HK you can get them to buy it at shops and send you. The shop owner told the person buying for me that these are very high grade shuttles and general players wouldn't need such high quality. But when you live in australia $20-25/tube for the best shuttles seems like peanuts...:eek:

I do notice most ppl in my social breaks shuttles from hitting the feathers...sadly there are a few arm smashers in the group that has very poor accuracy, but the AS-50 actually lives through a few feather strikes unlike most other shuttles. When shuttles don't arrive in time like now i'm using some Xin shuttles, they're $15/tube if u buy more than 5 in aus, but their quality is quite poor, 1 mis-smash and you can kiss it good bye.

Someone posted in a different thread a place to order RSL classic for $18/tube in 50 tubes batches. you can take a look at that

7. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    en~, i have had really bad experience with buy shuttlecocks in the retail shop. as i said, most of aeroplane shuttlecocks here are repakaged, and there are always 2 to 3 bad quality shuttlecocks inside. so the only way i can go through is buying from the factory straight away. hope oz dollar keeps going strong, and it may save me some dollars in the future. :)
    for my club, we are playing 3 to 4 times a week, and normally we use 2 to 3 tubes once. so 500doz can last us for one year. the only problem is storage, as oz weather is too dry. :crying:

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    steam them before use.
    where i live, it is pretty dry too.

9. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    i know, however, i am always too lazy to do it, and hope for the best when we are playing.:D

10. Hagane

Hagane Regular Member

Transport Consultant
    You'd best ask.
    I've been trying to find out for myself, the best I could find is to expect 5% on value of goods, then 10% GST on total valuation.

Note: that's just what I think, not what the customs will end up charging you.
    However, just to give some comparisons... $20 seems expensive.

The last time I bought these shuttles from Sydney (50doz) overall cost is $21.50 per tube inc. delivery to Melbourne.

However, as you mentioned, that maybe because they've been repackaged.

I am thinking of taking part.. just worried about overall tax costs :)

11. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    thanks mate, your info is really helpful.:)

12. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    Hmm as a importer, In my opinion, you need to declear this product as "animal products" and also "Timber Products". Otherwise can be get a fine up to $3000 and will loss your goods. Hope this helps :) but please confirm with the gov department as well.

13. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

i just recieved some aeroplane black shuttles, what do you mean by they're repackaged when sold here? my tubes have both chinese and english all over them :D

14. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    are there any distributor sticks on the tube?
    the factory staff told me they never put the any sticks on the tube before seal it.:)

15. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

no stickers, anyway finally tried them out

Aeroplane black shuttles are indeed excellent shuttles, comparable to AS50. What i did notice is AS50 tends to snap right up the top, while aeroplane black would snap a little lower down. But both shuttles have similar durability and flight stability. The other shuttle i tested was RSL classic, this shuttle's flight stability is similar to AS50 and Aeroplane black however as soon as the feathers gets damaged the flight stability is gone.

Also the 3 were the same speed class but the RSL shuttle was noticably lighter, which is probably why its less stable when damaged. I would say RSL classic is good enough for ppl who don't hit exceptionally hard and its 25% cheaper than aeroplane black...the shuttle's tube cost for me were $15 for RSL classic, $20 for Aeroplane Black, and $25 for Yonex AS50 (this is now $30 if i get any more). Excluding the shipping :) I'd most likely be sticking with aeroplane black for now :D

16. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    good choice, i agree that aeroplane black is the one we need to stick with, though i have no other choices for one year.:D

17. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

Unbelievable!!!!
    How much tax did you paid for each tuble ?
    Did you got the shuttles via Air Carrier ?

18. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    i have paid 10% GST only, they come by shipping.

19. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

AUD : RBM is about 6:1 ,right?
    Really unbelievable

20. Hagane

Hagane Regular Member

Transport Consultant
    How much are they with the shipping? and where did you get them?

Dreamlu, have you received the 500 doz shuttles? :)