Yonex racquet comparable to Victor SW 37

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Renmazuo27, Nov 5, 2011.

1. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

RM350 frame only... :(

2. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I own a SW37 and I love it when it concerns single games but in double games I think it is not good concerning manoeuvrability. I prefer Voltric 80 4U when I play doubles.
    I've played with Arc5 and 7 and I think they don't have the punch of SW37 (where as Arc5 ha a quite good smashing power)

3. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Is that right Benito? I love the SW37 in doubles matches as I find it great around the front court. Defence is a real pleasure as it allows me to lift smashes to either corner of the court or whip the shuttle into gaps when I'm playing flat defence. It does lack in power say in comparison to an MX80 however

4. Benito

Benito Regular Member

According to Victor Spec, SW37 is designed for smash power : http://www.victorsport.com.tw/product_data.php?id=ik7eopzVWgistP34kP34klP4jyz8I
    The top of the pentagonal graphic represents "Speed" wich is manoeuvrability, and i'm totally agree with the spec : SW 37 is not design for manoeuvrability. The medium stiff shaft helps in defence but manoeuvrability is not the one of Nanospeed 9900 for example ^^
    Sw37 is an user-friendly smashing racket for me.

5. Renmazuo27

It is a good smashing racket don't get me wrong. But I feel that I get better power with stiffer rackets. ie MX80, VT80 or ARC Z TH.

Just curiously, what do you have yours strung at Benito?

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Maybe the lack in manoveuvrability is due to the long shaft... :confused:
    Due to the longer shaft you have to react some ms earlier than with a yonex racket with a shorter shaft.

This theory would be logical, imho.

7. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I'm quite agree with you, you can generate more smashing power with stiff rackets (i own a V80 and I spend my time smashing with it xD) But whith timing, you can generate powerful smash whith mid flex rackets (cf FU Haifen ^^)

My SW37 is strung at 25lbs with BG65Ti (but I prefer BG65, like a great majority of French players because of its durability)

8. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Yes, long shaft has an influence. But i don't feel SW37'shaft too long (contrary to Z Slash).
    SW37 aerodynamical frame is thicker than Spira21 frame which is more manoeuvrable even if it is really head heavy.

#28 Benito, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  9. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

After getting more used to the timing of my sw37 (4u). I found it to be quite powerful and fast ( since my racket is only 4u).

However, on days when my timing is "off", I find that my stiffer racket (sotx woven 8a) is much easier to play with. ie generate power.

Do you guys feel the same?

10. Renmazuo27

Oh yes, for sure if you time your smashes you are bound to get good power. That's where our technique comes in. I have mine strung at 26lb with VS750 ti and I get good smashes out of it...though I'm kinda partial to Ashaway strings though

11. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Really difficult to say. I find SW37 generates power quite easily and I don't know sotx woven 8a.
    Smash power depends on a lot of things : speed, timing, weight of the racket,...
    Perhaps the fact it is a 4U implies a little lack of power.

12. Renmazuo27

it is possible, my SW37 is a 3U however...

13. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

so, how does your sw37 stack up against your stiffer rackets?

14. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Yes I remember! ^^ To answer your first question, Arcsaber 5 is the closest racket in Yonex range. But it is not as powerfull as SW37 for me and it is a little bit more manoeuvrable ;)

15. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I own a Voltric 80 which the best in term of smashing power for me. Then, the old 900P.
    But for example, i prefer to smash with SW37 than my old 900T or the new Spira 21 (whereas it is really head heavy).

If you have a best timing with an relatively even balance racket like SW37, you can generate easily a huge power. Not the same than the beast Voltric 80 (or 900P) but SW37 power surprised me for an official even balance and mid flex racket!

16. Renmazuo27

I get a lot more power out of my MX80 than my SW37 but I found it just as maneuverable around the front court. Spira 21 was the same when I had it. MX80 still gives you decent power if you mis hit the shuttle

I agree with Benito on the VT80 isn't as forgiving if you mistime your shot (I dunno if the LTD version is any different to the standard). The margin for error is quite small but if you get it spot on is very rewarding

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

That's something what I have to observe in the next few weeks. Unfortunately I'm not able to play Badminton during the week :-/ But as I've mentioned before, my last session with SW37 was terrible. Everything was off-timed. Even easy net play was completely wrong timed by myself.
    When I switched to Arcsaber10 (3U) and to my new Voltric80 (4U), I performed a lot better.

Voltric 80 is definitively stiffer. Arcsaber10 is just slightly stiffer I think. But it's 3U instead of 4U. I think I'm used to 3U from Arcsaber10, that's maybe why I would prefer a 3U SW37.
    (Due to head heaviness the VT80 is okay in 4U.)

I'll observe my next sessions with the SW37 and will share you my experience like many users here do :)

P.S. Can't wait for Voltric MX60. It seems to be a SW37 which is headheavier :D I'll order it definitively in 3U.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

@Benito: Do you have a 3U or 4U SW37?
    What about your VT80? 3U or 4U?

19. Renmazuo27

Did you mean Voltric 60 Accordaz? Because that is out now.. I'm waiting for the Victor MX2012 (London OG version), whether it is a whole new racket or a repainted MX80, we will see.

VT80 is a real sledgehammer compared to an Arc10 or Z-Slash TH but the latter two are quite similar (at least to me anyway)

20. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

No no. I'm waiting for the new Victor MX60. Just use the search function. It will be released next year. It's already official (victorsport.com.cn). I'm also wondering what kind of Victor MX 2012 will be :)

Whatever! Let's avoid off-topic here ;)