my new Gamma 6004 6pt SC Stringing Machine.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the issue with having any mark is that it will make rotating the clamp base less smooth.

i am surprised by the holding strength of the base. with the adjustment at pretty low setting, which means the lever action is still pretty light, it was strong enough to hold 46 lbs at the position that produce the highest rotational force on the clamp. (ie. perpendicular)

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Depends whether or not the parts touch each other when the base is unlocked and free to rotate. For the record, I think they do off-the-shelf, but in your "hummingbird's wing" setting, there might be a gap:).

3. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    i tried it yesterday and "mine" does fit .. however i had to remove the brake mechanism on the gamma turntable cuz the bearing of the eagnas was a tad wider.

i'll post some pic of the measurement over the weekend when i get a chance.

4. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    I had time to go to my friend's store and look at his ES5 the old and the new .. the yonex has some sort of railling where the clampbase rest on... anyone have an idea what it is(what kind of material)? if we can reto fit it then we can just get yonex clamp and base lol... just an idea..

#124 biggybil, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    Okay i just milled and machined my very own adaptor to be used on my Gamma 5003 machine's connection with the Wise, it will be less than an inch shorter than the current wise/gamma adaptor, which should give me 360 rotation for the racket. I hope it will work.

6. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    Can you post some pic when you have a chance... i have a friend that had a machine shop and i went and got a 1"x4"x 12" piece of aluminum which i was thinking of doing the same thing ... the 1/4" seems to skinny and flimsy... so i wanted to fill the whole rail on the bottom of the wise .. and drill and thread some whole ... make is a bit fuller and sturdier... what do you think?

7. redskins009

Biochemist
    Sure I can take some pics after I mount it and make sure it fits. I will post some pics of it this weekend I hope.

Basically it is very similar to the current adaptor, I just shaved it off by less than an inch or so from the overall length. The three drilled holes is at 10degree slant for those that are interested in knowing the drilled holes slant. Other than that...lets see, i measured the current side bar to be near 5/8 inch so I used a bigger block of aluminum that I can find and milled it down so it can adapt to the sidebar and then to the WISE rail as well. Anyways, ill try to take pics and post it soon...

8. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    Thanks buddy!!!

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    with that kind of shine, it gotta be some steel, probably stainless. the other part is the texture, it has a very fine grain texture.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    1" !! :eek:

how come i don't have a friend who has a machine shop. :(

11. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I just received the aluminium bar (I ordered yesterday and they said 6 days shipping... heh). Will try to adapt it tonight or this weekend, I'll post here if anything goes wrong :p hehe

12. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    let me see if i can fabricate one that would fit then i can make more for those who want 1 .. :D

13. redskins009

Biochemist
    As promised pictures...

Not the best quality as it was taken by my very old cellie. Ill try to get better pictures on my DSLR if you guys need it.
    IMG_20120413_152309.jpg IMG_20120413_152322.jpg IMG_20120413_152334.jpg IMG_20120413_152341.jpg IMG_20120413_152352.jpg IMG_20120413_152357.jpg IMG_20120413_155448.jpg IMG_20120413_155458.jpg IMG_20120413_155527.jpg

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that looks better than the one Herb sells!!!

15. redskins009

Biochemist
    Well took me a while to re-design it and then to fabricate it using an old piece of aluminum. It wasnt hard to make, the hardest part is just to do all the drawings and measurements, but it was pretty fast to make and an improvement over the current system. if i have time ill take it apart and do a side by side comparison from the one that WISE sell and the one I have right now.

16. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Damn nicely done!

If you end up making more, I'd probably end up buying one from you! However it'd need to be like 1 - 1.5mm lower for larger grips :p

It all depends on the result of my alu bar later today :p

17. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Just mounted the wise on my machine using the aluminium bar, everything went well and everything looks rock solid. There is even no slant on the tension head.

Thanks kwun for the idea! I don't think I could have lived longer than the one string job I did without 360 degrees rotation :p

18. redskins009

Biochemist
    Very keen observation as this will work for those med-small grips and that if we have large grip or towel grip it might catch the machine. I was thinking of milling it down a little bit more, but I dont play on large grip therefore it clears this machine perfectly. Happy with the results so far but we will see, might need to re-tweak it later or move on to making those side clamps remodification...that will be hard and challenging and i am dragging my feet a bit with it...

19. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    redskins009: How you made the wise so close to the turntable. Did you remove the screw nut out of the turntable? if so how you adjust the column width?

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    he has 5003 non-self centering so there is no knob. which when one think about it, is not a bad idea at all!