Beta testers needed. Maybe. :)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Maklike Tier, Aug 25, 2013.

1. mannygk

mannygk Regular Member

student
    That green and blue just happens to be one of my favorite colour combos - lucky! If this symbiosys is shooting for the kason or victor level of feel/tactility and beyond (I also have a c7 and a tsf500 :p) then I'll be stuffing a few into my racket bag if they go into production.

#61 mannygk, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Whoa. This Artwork looks gorgeous. Really awesome. I can't wait to see the finished rackets. :)

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Just waiting for a revised quote and the ball will start rolling (slowly) ;)

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Okay.....an update!

As of next week, in my hands I will have some pre-production sample rackets that will be going out to a select few for demo'ing and testing etc..

But before this however, to commemorate the monumental amount of time and effort put in just to get this far, In conjunction with 2XU I'm going to print some Team White Label shirts in very limited numbers.

Info can be found on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteLabelBadminton

And the shirts? Well, they look like this....

[​IMG]

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Meh, the shirt looks like the jerseys for cyclists. IMO too much writings, logos and decals. A bit simpler would be better. Especially for sponsored players who needs space for other sponsors.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I find it to be a nice change from the usual rather bland shirts, especially Yonex.....and following bwf regulations, players can't have too many sponsors on there anyway. Adding to that I'm not quite sure when the brand will have the resources to actually sponsor someone successful enough to attract so many sponsors he runs out of space on his shirt ;)

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I agree, but I also understand that designing from scratch is never easy. It's a good effort and certainly different from other manufacturers.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Btw the only place where it has more writing than any other manufacturer's is the right side, where I've never seen anyone put a sponsor's logo anyway. All the other writings and logos are just the same as with any other brand, taking into account that it has both the 2XU and WL logo on the chest.
    I like how the forms are consistent with the designs on the racket, even though I'd have liked different colors better.

9. Kelvin.luc

Kelvin.luc Regular Member

Full Time Student
    Being honest, the shirt is bold enough to gain attention and it looks pretty decent and original too. Nice way to enter the market with a bang

10. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    It's nice to see that this project is still going on!

If you still need a tester for your rackets, I'd be more than happy to help out and review your products as I'm always looking for new and original products to try and sell in my badminton store. You can see my full review of the Flash Boost in the Flash Boost thread to see if you like my reviewing style or not.

I'm also buying one of your shirt to support you.

Best of luck!

Yan
    Le Coin Badminton

11. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I'd be happy to help test, if possible. I play plenty of badminton :)

Also, about the design racket (this is just my pet peeve, might be fine with everyone else), I dislike lots of 'Tech' advertisements on the racket. By this I mean all those fancy names the majors stick onto the head of the racket.

Btw, really nice shirt designs.

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Thanks for your support Yan! :)

Yes I know, the shirt is pretty loud and there's more logos than a Yonex shirt.

BUT.....everyone knows YY and not everyone knows WW, so why not? You don't want people to squint at your shirt wondering what it is. It's a game shirt! Game shirts are loud :)

Seriously though, the only real difference is the logo down the side. Most other shirts have a chest logo, a sleeve logo, and a larger logo on the back, so really, the side lettering is the only real addition.

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    The shirt is fine. I'm finding that badminton shirts are getting bland. They look similar year after year and don't bring anything new. I think you've done a nice job with that. And if the racket is gonna fit with the shirt, I think it'll definitely make some heads turn.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ahhh I'd really like to take one of those shirts off your hands...but altogether it'd cost me over 60€, so I'll have to pass on that :D
    Would rather have an extra racket than an extra shirt, considering I already have about 15-18 shirts I can use :D

15. -s!Gm4-

-s!Gm4- New Member

We certainly could consider placing an order for us Germany located players :)
    The shirt is exactly my taste - I really dont like the european collection of YY. What I do like is an asymetric design, like LiNing employs it - fortunately, I have been able to order a few.
    As your design is also a bit asymetric (at least to my eye ;) ), I really like it, especially with the lush colours.

Racket-wise I definitely feel also the thrill to sign up for a review round. But then reality kicks in and reminds me of my rather limited time and even more limited experience.
    If you have got any tester in the Rhine-Main area, gimme a heads up - I'd be glad to give at least a second verbal opinion.

Cheers

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Jackie is also in Das Vaterland, maybe you can work something out with him. You'll be able to find each other easier if you're wearing the same shirt :D

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Frankfurt is a long way from Hannover :D Virtually any other German tester would be nearer to him, I reckon...although I would be willing to receive and forward extra stuff like shirts, provided the recipients pay those costs upfront

18. -s!Gm4-

-s!Gm4- New Member

Much appreciated, jackie. I happen to drive by Hannover once a month / in two months, so basically I could pick the shirt(s) up, also. Would save some effort on your side.
    In addtion, we could do the team-look thing, then ;D

The racket-testing is merely optional for me. As I said, I do not consider myself an overly experienced player, at least not as experienced to do any substantial reviews, due to the factthat I only have played like 2 rackets extensively over my few years (AT 700 2Gen, Arc 11).

How long until the first samples are ready/get dispatched, though? Curious what the rackets look like once they're finished with paint, coating, stickers and all :)

Maklike, could you hit me with a PM with some details concerning the shirt? Sizes, prices and what effort it would be to pack it (additionally) in a parcel to jackie?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Are the samples even painted? Didn't even think they might be :D

20. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

first thing that crossed my mind when i saw it for the first time right now is, i would like a large size of this in the form of a cycling jersey :)