MP99 head size - smaller?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by molohov, May 17, 2008.

1. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    All,

I got 2 new mp99s today and, after doing some visual eye inspection compared with my at800de, the head seems shorter.

i thought at first it was because of the stringing perhaps compressing the head since the top cross was pretty close to the second row cross. but when i compared it to the other mp99, it was identical in shape.

and its not wider than my at800de either...and its strung at 21x23, (or is it the other way around)?

does anyone know for sure if the mp99 has a smaller head than newer isometric rackets?

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think the MP99 and MP100 have the same frame size. I compared my MP100 to my NS9000 and they were the same size so i think the MP99 frame size isn't smaller than current isometric rackets.

3. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

When I compared my MP99's head to my AT900t's head, It appears to be smaller as well, albeit by about 2mm. In my opinion, it isn't a big enough difference to effect gameplay.

4. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    i did that comparison as well. i've always been under the assumption that isometric rackets had identical head sizes..

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Well.. Armortec racquets have bigger frames, longer shafts ( some models ) and longer handles ( if the shaft is shorter. If the shaft is long, then the handle would be shorter. )