Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Rian/Yoke will have their final performance at WC ( this year) as Rian may end up to one of neighboring countries...
    Ahsan/Bona will stay as the coash has not found one for Ahsan..

Since the XD coach believe more on Tantowi/Butet's partnership. Devin may play Men Doubles with Nugroho(Gepeng, single player turned to Double player)..They will participate at INA Challenge.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Ryan Saputro has been trained intensively by Sigit as he will focus these 2 pairs in next 2 years ( rian/angga) and rendy/Afiat.
    Recently Rendy shows more improvement...he has more power...

3. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Singapore? Maybe he want reunited with Eng Hian?

So sad to hear that WC will be their last performance. Hope they can make something memorable before out from pelatnas.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..who is Ryan Saputro??..and what does he have to do with the partnership w/Rian & Angga??..is Ryan the same as Rian, typo??..

5. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    is it true that rian sukmawan will move ?? i've never heard the news before.. it's so disapointting..
    ina really need another MD beside kindra.. ckck..

6. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Well, actually we still in progress to groom another world class pairs. We will see how Ryan/Angga, Rendy/Afiat, & Berry/Ulin continue to growth and develop their skills and mentality. Just need to be patient.

Regards

7. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    oh,i see.hope for the best for INA team.^^

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

July 19, 2010

Ami Afriatni

Indonesian Badminton Coaches Not Interested in Hiring Foreigners

National team coaches have criticized a suggestion by the badminton federation to add foreigners to the coaching staff, saying that would not solve the problems facing the sport.

The Indonesian Badminton Association’s (PBSI) vice president, Sabar Yudo Saroso, hinted last week at a plan to hire foreign coaches, particularly from China, in response to the struggles of the country’s shuttlers on the international stage.

But national mixed doubles coach Richard Mainaky said the PBSI had lost sight of the real problems facing the sport.

“Players who enter the national training camp come from clubs, but these clubs have failed to train players to perform at a very high level,” Richard told the Jakarta Globe on Monday.

“The poor training at the club level affects the way players perform, and these players in turn carry their habits onto the national team.”
    ----------------------------------------------------

*Full article through this link -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badm...es-not-interested-in-hiring-foreigners/386697

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

From pbsi clue they probably will hire Atik jauhari(saina nehwal coach).
    His contract will ended after the CG 2010.

all the best for pbsi!

10. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    i have a question here..why dont they put randy with anggra, as they are asia junior championship md winner..anyone know the answer?

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lifetime Award for Retno Kustiyah

Bridging the gap of a different era in RI badminton

Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 08/18/2010 11:08 AM | Sports

In a career of dedication to badminton, Retno Kustiyah has spent five decades listening to the sound of sneakers screeching against the court, and she realizes that changes need to be made in the way the country develops the next generation of talent.

Retno, who is currently a caretaker at prominent badminton club Jayaraya, received an award from President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono last week for her lifetime dedication to the one of the country’s most popular sports.

“The era has changed now. We cannot force today’s generation to do exactly as we did back then,” said Retno, pointing out how values such hard work and persistence have been sidelined by consumerism and materialism, which offer instant gratification.

---------------------------

*Full article : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/08/18/bridging-gap-a-different-era-ri-badminton.html

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

True, young people especially in big cities are now prefer going to big malls and/or many other entertainments. No wonder why more pro players are found from the country side.

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Has Sabar Yudo Saroso lost his mind? INA has so many talented ex-players and coaches that are now wasted and coaching successfully in overseas, if PBSI really want to improve they have to spend the $$$ on bringing them back.

Rexy went to MAS and made their MD wolrd no.1. Fung Permadi involved in Taiwan and their standard is much higher now. Tony Gunawan became US citizen and makes a big impact on badminton popularity and also won the WC with Howard Bach in their home soil.

Above all, I think the greatest lost to INA badminton is TangXianHu, who went off to China and discovered Lin Dan and the subsequent gereration of players that dominate TC and UC for the last decade or so.

If nothing is done/fix, I guess it will be INA faith to fade away in the sport of badminton. Our country will be remembered as the uruguay of badminton, who won everything before but will never win it again. My greatest hope lies not in the PBSI (which IMO contribute nothing but corrupted funding and central association) but in the local clubs like Djarum (which also well funded), CWIBC, Suryanaga and TH new centre and all other smaller clubs around the countries. All of them have the potential to discover and groom new stars of the future.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I believe the PBSI officials (including Pak Sabar) meant well. I met him during the Macau Open and he's a nice guy. More importantly, he (and Pak Djoko, Oka, Djenjen and others) is committed to improving the standards of badminton in Indonesia (who seem to be experiencing a decline at the moment). I also believe that the age of corruption within PBSI has also slowly been eradicated as these generals will certainly not tolerate any hanky panky. The only problem (and thats where they need help) is that they lack the knowledge of badminton. But with the help of people connected to the badminton world (and BWF most importantluy), slowly but surely, they are getting it right. It just takes time.

I would disagree if you consider those ex-players overseas not employed by PBSI at the moment to be wasted. Instead, I would say they are great assets to the development of badminton throughout the world! Fung Permadi made his contribution to improve Chinese-Taipei's badminton standard before he returned back to Djarum recently. Atik Jauhari also did his job well when he resigned from Pelatnas and went over to India. But success overseas does not imply that they will also be successful back home. In fact, Atik went to India after a relatively mediocre stint of coaching the WD pairs in Pelatnas.

Steps have been made to rectify the errors made in the past and hopefully we shall see some light at the of the tunnel in the near future.

#1874 badMania, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

just my 3 sens:
    ..about INA's seemingly "decline" in badminton dominance in the last decade, i would also attribute it partly on the 1998 Asian financial crisis and the horrible 1998 incident after the fall of Suharto. Remember in the 90s, INA badminton pretty much was dominant in the pro badminton scene. Those incidents probably changed the landscape and mindset of future prospective players. Not the least was the exodus of world class players (e.g. Tony G. leaving Pelatnas at his peak age), which probably led to other younger players to consider foreign careers opportunities.
    It's good the current people in charge of PBSI have a good mindset & intention, so far. I think everything starts at the top, the leaders. I guess it will take a bit of patience before we can see INA badminton return back to somewhat of her glorious days in international pro baddy scene.
    Next yr's INA Open Premier SS, hopefully, is a good start~good luck!

#1875 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2010
  16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im not trying to become a sceptic in anyway, but im simply fed up with lip service and to some degree talk show by INA officials (both in Govt and associations), they simply dont know how to run organisation well. I have to agree that its getting better everyday, but its no where near a satisfactory profesional level where for example a corporate organisation would demonstrate. If we look back to the past, its not the PBSI that made the big impact in INA badminton scene but again its the local club that discovered the likes of Rudy Hartono. PBSI is in fact the beneficary of the process. Now, if PBSI really wants to take the central role in surviving INA badminton, they must walk the talk. Spend the $$$ marketing badminton popularity from the grass root level (including TV coverage and local competitions), technically and financially assisting the smaller clubs, getting the best coaches for the Pelatnas so that it can become not just a place of gathering/practice but where players can effectively increase their standard. PBSI must now realise that the passion of badminton has somehow changed over the years as INA is modernised and badminton become less attractive as a career choice. As a result the pool of talent become smaller and smaller, therefore any actions PBSI take have to counteract this issue.

It is clear for ex-players/coaches that Pelatnas job at the moment is not that attractive, maybe not just because the $$$ issue but can be for many other reward issue. So who's to blame if Atik was not successful at Pelatnas but did well in India, to me its a proof that he was not well managed and this can happen to everybody. The question should be; has PBSI/Pelatnas have the best coach/staff that is available out there? The answer is likely to be NO, simply because these talents are not interested enough to join Pelatnas/PBSI as a coach or staff, the same reason why less youngsters choose badminton as a career.

As much as i like badminton to spread well around the world, i like INA to be back to the glory days. But the resposibility lies first on our back yard and once that fixed then we can help at our neighbours garden. Its not the time to worry about INA involvement internationally, as an expat i can say that at least in Sydney Indonesian expats are doing really2 well from coaching to winning local competitions.

It is though encouraging to see Chandra Wijaya and TH are opening badminton schools. In fact anything that ex-players actively and directly involve in badminton marketing is a good thing.

Overall, i crossed my fingers.

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I have to say its been a rare accoasion, but looks like i have to agree with your exodus theory :)

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Isn't that what PBSI is doing right now? Start promoting badminton at grass-roots, make the local circuits more competitive, etc.

In case you are not following the local badminton scenes, I will be pleased to inform you that the competition at Sirnas (domestic circuits) has been very intense, esp since last year. This year, Djarum increases the number of Sirnas to 9 (we are done with Balikpapan, Manado, Pekanbaru, Jakarta, Bandung, Tegal, and Bali) and we are left with just 2 more now (Surabaya and Medan). Plus the various local & international competitions sponsored by local companies like the Indocock Walikota Surabaya Cup, Tangkas Alfamart Junior International, Indonesia International Challenge, Candra Wijaya Men's Doubles Badminton Championships, and some other smaller regional ones like the Moenadi Cup.

It is through the Sirnas that we have spotted some talents at 14-15yo that will hopefully develop into World-Beaters. But obviously, it takes time.

Do we really need the best coach with best qualification? My answer is not really. I do believe that most of the coaches we have are qualified enough.

In MS, we have Mas Agus, recruited early this year from PB Djarum. So far, Sony and Simon have both won a title each this year. Not too bad I would say.

In MD, we have Sigit Pamungkas, who single-handedly transform Kido/Hendra from nobodies to World and Olympic Champions. Bambang Supriyanto is also doing a good job in coaching the Pratama pairs who won a couple of international titles recently.

In WD, we have Aryono Minarat. Undoubtedly, WD and WS are probably INA's weakest links for so long. But, we do still see pairs like Annisa/Anneke winning GP tourneys last year.

In XD, we have Richard Mainaky, who also produce serial WC winners in Nova/Butet and right now, we are seeing some regeneration happening.

The only coach whom I deem to be underperforming will be Marleve Mainaky in WS.

#1878 badMania, Aug 18, 2010
  19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

OK its great to hear that, i hope those competitions will have a lot of fruitful ending products.

On the current past issue, yes we have MK/HS, Sony, Simon, Nova/Butet etc but we are not as strong as before especially now on the regeneration issue. From where im sitting, i can only know Hayom is the only hope at the moment that is once the current generation is out of the picture. This scenario was just inimaginable just a decade ago, we seems to have floods of players ready to step up. So it looks like the chart is going down and heading to ressesion

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We did have our gloomy periods before when CHN dominated the scene back in 1980-1990. After that, the golden era of INA badminton began. Despite our "decline", we still manage to hold the tradition of winning an Olympic Gold Medal since 1992 even in this decade.

We have some potential players (some already prove their worth, some are still raw and need more tourneys to prove themselves):
    MS - Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Riyanto Subagja, Evert Sukamta (the last one are still inconsistent and raw)
    WS - Sandy and Krisna will be more familiar with this. Honestly, I still think we are lacking in this field, but recently, we saw Ana Rovita managing to surprise a few ppl.

MD - Rian Agung Saputro/Angga Pratama (and maybe Rendy Sugiarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan) - need more exposure. Below them, Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan (WJC 2009 runner-up & winner of INA IC 2010) and Agrippina Prima/Ricky Karanda Suwardi will be the choice.

Personally, I (and I believe many others) am not worried about the regeneration in MD (and XD) as we have a long line of successors who are proving their worth in Sirnas, like: Jones Ralfy Jansen (AJC 2010 bronze-medallist with Dandi Prabudita), Praveen Jordan/Rangga Yave Rianto (INA's best candidate for AJC & WJC 2011), Kevin Sanjaya (just turned 15 last week and will be the one to watch in the next few years), Raffidias Akhdan Nugroho (very tall boy, and still 14-15), and others.

WD - Suci Rizki Andini/Della Destiara Haris and Jenna Gozali/Variella April Sasi should be the one to watch in the next 1-2 years. The best thing is, they are still very young (esp Suci).

XD - Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (won the Macau Open in their very first tourney as a pair, beat the Olympics champions in Chinese-Taipei Open, and undoubtedly, they will be INA's no 1 pair for the next few years), Fran Kurniawan/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet, Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto (slowly but surely, they are creeping up), and Mohd Rizki Dellynugraha/Richie Puspita Dili will be the one to rely upon.

Below them, Riky Widianto/Jenna Gozali, Hendra Mulyono/Ayu Rahmasari will be coming up to join them next year. Not to mention other young pairs from clubs like Hafiz Faizal/Shella Devi and Edi Subaktiar/Ririn Amelia.