Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Oops, forgot about KKK/WPT, they have reached the SF of the World Championships before ;) But they didn't win any titles, nor reach the SF of a super series event I think. But really, CPS/GLY should have more exposure in the top flight. Wonder why BAM likes to send LCW and KKK/TBH like everywhere in many Super Series but rarely sends CPS/GLY.

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think CPS and GLY shd definately concentrate in XD and forget about MD and WD, becos now they have showed potential in XD and recent MD and WD scenario showed too many strong pairs in the arena, so they shd just concentrate in XD which I think there are more chnces for them to excel in XD comapred to MD and WD.

3. undeadshot

I totally agree with you, jasonmarc! LKW should go XD too. Is there some rule or something that says every MAS XD pair must have MD or WD pair too? (Except Ong Jian Guo/Chong Sook Chin but they're not very good...)

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Next year onwards they will be sent, OG qualification mah. They are one of the pioneer permanent XD pair for Msia, KKK/WPT play XD part time only. CPS/GLY progress faster than Ong JG/CSC(21 & 23 y.o.), who have been paired longer.

If I remember correctly KKK with NHL reached semi in SS before.

LKW playing concentrating on XD is what I am thinking also but he does not have good XD partner after NHL went independent. I heard he prefers MD, maybe partner gals is more problematic, hahaha.

#44 eaglehelang, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yes, M'sia has done so. In fact, CPS and GLY reached the Semis in last week's CHN Open SS. And if i recall, Ong Jian Guo & Chong Sook Chin reached the Semis of this yr's M'sia Open GPG.
    KKK, officially, hasn't reached the Semis of any SS or GP/GPG tourneys. But he did reach Semis Rd., and even won 1, in those tourneys which are now labeled SS/GP/GPG, several yrs back along with 2006 Asian Games, 2006 IBF World Championships, 2006 Commonwealth Games (can check wikipedia for more infos).

#45 ctjcad, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. undeadshot

The first 2 sentences, I was referring to CPS/GLY, who had won a GP Gold event this year as well as reaching the semi-finals of a Super Series event :)
    That's why I am saying this is potentially the best XD MAS will have and need a whole lot of exposure. George's comment seemed sarcastic as if they are another no-hope pair who eats plenty of chances which prompted me to make this comment, and also later post that they in fact LACK exposure.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..are you sure they won a GP/GPG title this yr? or you're referring to their BAC title this yr??..:confused:

8. eaglehelang

Yes, the BAC is GP Gold level.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hope that CPS/GLY can make it good as a top world class XD pair

Hope that CPS/GLY can make it good as a top world class XD pair. Because Malaysia is traditionally poor at XD, BAM often do not pay much attention to their XD players.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ya, no doubt they seems to be the best xd pair in mas right now. Let's hope they can be world class xd pair in the future. But in my opinion, it's hard because CPS have to concentrate in playing MD as well. Let's also hope this pair won't turn out to be another tan wee kiong/woon khe wei..;):rolleyes:

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Ain't that the truth...in real life:p:D;)

12. undeadshot

What happened to TWK/WKW? Their names seemed to have disappeared into oblivion and TWK is much more known in MD with MHC instead of XD although they are supposed to focus on OG 2012 in XD... :( I hope CPS/GLY's names don't suddenly disappear in tournaments too, will be very sad if BAM allows that!

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

no idea.. all i know is i thought they've been mentioned to be mas top xd in the future from 2007 sudirman cup. What happened now?:rolleyes:

14. eaglehelang

It was 2009 Sudirman I think. Yeah, supposed to be cos TWK/WKW won 2007 AJC, along with Lim Khim Wah as the 2007 WJC. But then, NHL went independent, BAM had new secretary, change the coaches for WD & MD back up, so....

Ever since CPS/GLY won the BAC in April, they have become the forerunner in XD(permanent pair that is).

15. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

WKW and Vivien Hoo are groomed to take over as top WD from CEH-WPT, but it still good to pair her up with someone to a viable 2nd XD pair.
    Playing in XD will improve her game, especially in the defence.
    Top women players like Yu Yang, Ma Jin. Zhao Yunlei, Ha Jung Eun, Lee Hyo Jung , Kamiila Ritter played both XD and WD

16. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    This Is It!!

Tuesday December 14, 2010

The Star
    Peng Soon and Liu Ying urged to go for the major titles

PETALING JAYA: Coach Jeremy Gan wants youngsters Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying to go for the big titles to seal a place in the Road to London programme next year.
    The duo have done considerably well to give the mixed doubles department of the national team a big lift this year.
    They won the Asian championship (ABC) title in India in April but went through rough patches in the world championships, Commonwealth Games and Asian Games before finding their footing again in the last two Super Series Open tournaments of the season.
    They stunned seventh seeds Lee Sheng-mu-Chien Yu-chin of Taiwan and second seeds Hendra Gunawan-Vita Marissa of Indonesia in the first round in Hong Kong and China respectively.
    Jeremy said that it was time to raise the bar for Peng Soon-Liu Ying.
    “They have raised their standard and are able to play at par with some of the top pairs in the world. In some cases, they were unlucky.
    “In some instances, their inexperience showed up,” he said.
    “But they are heading in the right direction.
    “We can still build on them to become a better pair.
    “They have the potential to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.
    “There are two Majors for them next year – the All-England and the world championships.
    “These are the best platforms for them to show their potential and win places in the Road to London programme.”
    Jeremy hoped that the other mixed doubles wannabes would be inspired by the efforts of Peng Soon-Liu Ying.
    “It is normal for players to focus on either the men’s doubles or women’s doubles. The mixed doubles has never been the priority. I hope that the breakthroughs by Peng Soon-Liu Ying will help to change this mind set,” he said.
    The other mixed doubles pairs under Jeremy’s charge are Ong Jian Guo-Sabrina Chong and Tan Aik Huang-Lai Pei Jing.
    All three pairs will take part in the Perak Open, which will begin on Thursday in Ipoh.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    These are the best platforms for them to show their potential

IMHO, Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying have already made it there, as a top XD pair for Malaysia.

I don't understand why Jeremy Gan wants to put more pressure on them, saying that;

“There are two Majors for them next year – the All-England and the world championships.

These are the best platforms for them to show their potential and win places in the Road to London programme.”

My question is - What will happen if they fail? If they fail, are they considered not a good XD pair for Malaysia anymore? :eek::eek::eek:

It is hoped that Jeremy Gan can help them to perform better and to think positive. Don't just set in pressure for them, but to encourage them that they can do it.

#57 chris-ccc, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    u know or jeremy know also no use
    the one holding money dont know badminton
    remember when there is no wd send for 2010 wc;)

19. undeadshot

Straightaway go for the majors? How big pressure... Since they have won GP Gold, now SS title, one step at a time. Not jump to majors so quickly.

20. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Did the news reporter get the name wrong??? or there is one of our back-up having the same name as Tan Aik Huang, our ex-AE MS champion making a comeback?? I guess he must be is his 60s now..