Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...krisna is quite good at this...hauge...make him into pbsi chairman...

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    33 Pengda-s have to vote for me as Chairman in 2028... ;) and then Hau-ge will be Vice Chairman... :p

3. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I would pair down the MD to 5 pairs and use the spots for more MS and WS..... Don't see the point of retreading Joko, Hendra AG & Alvent. INA's MD is in good spot...the singles is in needs of more infusion!

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hauge will be too OLD TO BE VC...;)...at tat time...he will be 70...atleast...:p

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

.."CHANGE you/we can believe in??"(to quote a popular campaign slogan)..

lots of new names, new faces...only recognize abt 25% the names..:p
    But, now, if we see Krisna's or Hau-ge's names in there, then it'll boost up to about 33%..[​IMG];)
    hmm, how to figure out:
    if, i've heard of their names but in reality can only somewhat associate to 25-33% of them. And to be frank, i've only seen enough of them, say abt 25% of the names, in actions to warrant any opinions??
    :p

#605 ctjcad, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hau-ge will be 60+ in 2028... Not 70... :p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes meh????he say he gocap liao this year???:confused:

8. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Then what to do with those Pratama players? :confused:

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    No lah, I know him personally. He is not 50... :p

That depends on how much money PBSI has... :eek: In case there is limited money, then obviously we need to prioritize INA top team then... ;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...ya kah???so...he cheat his age also???:mad:...:p...:D

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My list of Pelatnas Players:

Men's Singles (6 players)
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Simon Santoso
    Andre Kurniawan Tedjono
    either Tommy Sugiarto or Alamsyah Yunus (the later is better as a back-up player)
    either Andreas Adityawarman or Bandar Sigit Pamungkas
    either Nugroho Andi Saputro or Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka

Note: Taufik Hidayat can be an independent player since he can secure sponsorship quite easily. PB Djarum can continue to send its players like Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto, Engga Setiawan, etc.

Women's Singles (6 players)
    Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Adriyanti Firdasari
    Pia Bernadet Zebadiah
    Febby Angguni -- shows increasing potential
    Maria Febe Kusumastuti or Maria Elfira Christina
    Bellaetrix Manuputty -- good as a back-up player

Note: Again, PB Djarum can continue to send Rosaria Yusfin Pungkasari and other upcoming players.

Men's Doubles (6 pairs)
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie
    Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan -- I like this one...young and IMHO has the potential to rise up the ranks.
    either: Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto or Rendra Wijaya/Joko Riyadi

Note: the last 2 pairs will be subject to evaluation period of 1 year. The pair which finishes highest will be retained in Pelatnas, while the other pair can try to be independent. I am not sure abt the fate of Pelatnas Pratama players like Adi Chrisna Wijaya/Syahmie Syarif Radhitian. PB Djarum can also send Rizky Yanu Kresnayadi/Albert Saputra and its junior pairs to Int Series and Challenger level tourneys.

Women's Doubles (5 pairs)
    Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir
    Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii
    Jo Novita/Rani Mundiasti -- good as a back-up. Rani/Endang are simply not working out. Jo has at least 2 more years and she forms quite a good partnership with Rani.
    Debby Susanto/Richi Puspita Dili

Mixed Doubles (5 pairs)
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir
    Mohd Rijal/Vita Marissa
    Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    Tantowi Akhmad/Richi Puspita Dili
    Rendra Wijaya/Meliana Jauhari

In total: 37-40 players. This should be the optimal size for Pelatnas.

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I just heard that there is a possibility of moving the Pratama players to Magelang under the supervision of Vice-Chairman [General] Sabar Yudo... [note: I don't think this will last forever]. Mr. Sabar Yudo is currently the head of INA's Top Military Academy [located in Magelang]. He has 5 courts available there...

This all depends on the pool of funds PBSI can get in January 2009... ;) ...during fund-raising night... ;)

13. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I like that. Lets weed-out the pretender from the contender, AKABRI style. After they're done, stamina shouldn't be an issue (for the survivor at least). :D

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I bet you some of them will collapse in first few weeks...:D also Magelang is not as exciting as Jakarta...

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Some of my friends are graduates from the Military Academy. It's indeed a tough school, good for training potential world beaters.

16. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I don't think the problem of Pratama training is the place or the coaching. The big problem is funding for the training and sending the players to some internatonal event.

The lack of money has forced PBSI give less attention to junior players to compete in international events.
    PBSI should hold Pratama Pelatnas in 3 or 4 places and give assistant in every place to get some sponsorship (I think from local company since the trainee aren't big name who can attract to get big money).
    The Pelatnas pratama could be held example in Djarum, Jaya Raya, Tangkas & Ragunan

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Alongside finding sponsors from possibly the big clubs, I think every players need to be informed of the plan for tourneys at least for the next half-year, with added incentive/penalty for performance up to the target set for each one of them. So, if they meet the target, these Pelatnas Pratama players will get the chance to compete in the next events and so on.

Here are the events that are suitable for Pelatnas Pratama players:
    April 2009 -- Vietnam Int Challenge, Smiling Fish Thailand Int Series
    June 2009 -- New Zealand Int Challenge, Indonesia Super Series (home event, no added cost)
    July 2009 -- Australia Int Challenge, Laos Int Challenge or KLRC New Zealand Open GP (for those experienced Pratama players)
    Aug 2009 -- GGJP Indonesia Int Challenge
    Nov 2009 -- Malaysia Int Challenge

8 events + 2 more perhaps in Singapore (Int Series or Int Challenge) or Bahrain should give them sufficient exposure.

The same goes for every Pelatnas players also must have promotion/demotion so that they will be motivated to give their best.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Somehow for a number of years, there is this HUGE misperception that Djarum or Jaya Raya or Tangkas will be honored to be appointed as a Pelatnas Pratama trainer... :rolleyes: The big clubs do not see it that way!

Their motivation of funding badminton is for INA glory through their own players... The big clubs loovveee seeing their own players play on behalf of INA and if possible they want a large majority of the INA National Team members to come from their own club and as few as possible from the other clubs. Training or funding another club's players in their club is not something that they desire... :eek: Yes, for the big clubs, money is not the biggest motivation factor, however, club glory is... :p Fact!

I'm sure all Englishmen involved in Arsenal or Liverpool genuinely want to see their England National Team become champions, but the Arsenal organization does not want to train Liverpool players... :rolleyes:

I personally like the way Mr. **** Sudirman did it in the 1970s... His PBSI also lacked funds... so... They will say something like this:

Don't get us wrong, we want the younger players of INA to get international playing experience... Let's make that clear. However, we only have enough money for tickets and accomodation. We don't have any money to fund your training by creating a Pelatnas Pratama etc.!

If you really think, believe [and support] that we should have a Pratama team, donate money to us now. If you don't... then sorry the reality is: we have no money for it!!! The government won't give enough, you won't give enough... Please stop complaining and face reality! :D

Any player younger than 24 years old are eligible to compete for TWO tickets in MS, TWO tickets in WS, TWO tickets for 1 MD pair, TWO tickets for 1 WD pair, TWO tickets for 1 XD pair. ...to compete in the Vietnam International Challenge and the Thai International Series in April 2009... ;)

We choose the best 8 MS, 8 WS, 4 MD, 4 WD, 4 XD [all under 24 years old] to compete for the tickets mentioned. In the meantime, everyone should train in their own club!!!! :p [no financial burden for PBSI Pusat]

During the 1970s, PBSI had no ranking system, so they had to assemble the best players [by reputation only] from East Java, Central Java, West Java, etc... Nowadays, the ranking system can be used to determine who can join the selection process... :)

This 'selection' system worked fine in the 1970s and the internal rivalry between the various clubs in INA was VERY VERY intense. :eek: There was a lot of healthy competitive spirit across clubs in INA. :cool: All clubs want to gain club glory and pride if their players represent INA as a result of a very competitive [and prestigious] selection process...

Another result of the tough tough tough selections... the players who did represent INA abroad are battle hardened, battle tested, and hungry for further glory! INA players were very feared at that time... ;)

I heard, 1970s PBSI had selections for almost every tournament!.... Ok, admittedly, the tournaments were fewer back then. Only Japan Open, etc... But still, the logic of fierce selection in light of inadequate funds is still a good idea for an individual sport like badminton... ;)

#618 Krisna, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I personally agree with the idea of competition for the sake of having the right to participate in tourneys. Given the current economic situation most countries (including INA) is facing right now, it's perhaps the most feasible solution. In that case, get rid of central training for Pratama Players, instead, clubs will have to bear the responsibility of accomodating these players in terms of coaching and training.

Pelatnas will hold a special selection every quarter for places in 3-4 tourneys. In this way, every chance of participation will be precious to these young players and will motivate them even harder to win the titles and push their ranks up the tables.

I see this as a win-win situation, compared to the centralized training but no chance to participate issue right now.

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He he he... :D As usual, we often think think alike, my friend... 'Centralized
    Training Camp', frankly, has a lot of benefits... but, it means nothing if the athletes are not given the opportunity to compete in real tournaments. Training and travelling cost of an effective year-long Centralized Training Camp will not be light... :p

China and Korea can do it as long as the Central Government allocates funds for it... Most other nations on Earth do not do it... because it is costly! INA is not a rich country [at this time]. We have to behave according to our financial strength... :p

One benefit that people don't often talk about is the 'sparring benefits' within each club. Imagine PB. Tangkas' MS sparring quality for their juniors if Alamsyah and Indra Bagus practice with Ari Trisanto, Evert Sukamta etc. PB. Djarum will also benefit if they have Bandar Sigit, Gepeng, Adit, Engga practicing with their up & coming Juniors like Pandu, Riyanto, etc. Financial burden for the club increase a bit, but not much. Anyway, the clubs will fund the players as long as they have the possibility of bringing glory to their club.

Thus, we should return to the 1970s INA system for now!