Goh V Shem / Lim Khim Wah

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Jun 8, 2013.

1. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    Hmm. . . Are you in the right thread?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Well... We were talking about bad servers and I mentioned Cheng Wen-Hsing...

3. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    Roger that!

4. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    After watching LKW plays for so many years there is no improvement on his service. I think he has immuned to this condition, can't improve at all ! Probably coach should use innovative ways to help him, for example ask him to use right hand to serve ....:D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    watching him since his junior day~~~
    believe me.
    unless he feel nervous in every match he played.
    rather than nervous,he dont have confident in his serve,phobia~

6. visor

visor Regular Member

after watching a few more videos of their earlier rounds, i think i can see why they're difficult for their opponents especially ones who are both right handed players...

because lim (other than his shaky serves :p) has amazing control of the net and forecourt, and being a lefty, he often times catches his right handed opponents by surprise when their blocks and shots end up on his forehand side, after which he duly obliges by slamming down on them :)

i don`t think there is any other left handed front court player in the top 20 pairs, is there

and goh, preferring to be at the back has a pretty mean smash ... for someone with less muscles than lcw, he smashes harder than him! :eek:

#86 visor, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  7. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

Ah Beng behavior. Even if win a lot of SS series with this kind of behavior, I think fans wont respect them. Even Lin Dan never mock Lee Chong Wei in this manner.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

hong wei started the mocking first...

it was game point for mas in g1 when hong wei was receiving...

the crowd was cheering support for mas after a winning rally and hong wei lifted his hands up to taunt the crowd to cheer louder... within 5 secs mas won g1 and both lim and goh used the same hand actions to tell the crowd to cheer louder...

so yes, hong wei started it first...should have known better than to taunt the mas home crowd

but still doesn`t make it ok for them to reciprocate, but now you know how it started

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dang. You guys are still going on about the attitude?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2014/01/19/Khim-WahV-Shem-claim-doubles-title-at-last/

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/v-shem-khim-wah-simply-spectacular-1.466263

The post match comments don't fit in with a bad attitude. I think you guys are over reacting. Mind you, I think the best thing about it is Malaysian badminton got a lift and it's got people talking about badminton even more!

BTW, I think Hong Wei started it off.

And if you think this is poor, a lot of matches in UK do turn out with similar psychological warfare. You guys should go and watch a few UK county matches.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Badminton is too much of a gentleman's sport and rather dull.

Some warfare is good and more entertaining, not that I condone MAS pair and I think they overdid it a bit too much.

I think in the end CHN pair was affected and this contributed to MAS's victory.

11. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    errr .... is it legal to do such action?

let's forget who started first, but i think the umpire should warn both of them about their taunting act.

Luckily it happened in their home ground. If they do outside, not so sure what is gonna to happen.

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

及時評論‧發球,真的那麼難嗎?

第一局6次發球失誤,第二局4次發球失誤,大馬男雙球員林欽華雖然搭檔吳偉申在自家門口贏得生涯首次的超級系列賽冠軍,但卻也留下了這一個尷尬的數據。

手臂揮動過大,導致林欽華在發球時極不穩定,不是過高,就是下網,發球容易讓對手壓制,失了先機。若少了這10次的非受迫性失誤,相信“武林”組合吳偉申與林欽華可更容易拿下這一場決賽,無需白白丟分讓自己陷入危機。

發球在羽球運動中十分重要,發球軌道出色就可避免受制於人,足於影響整個大局。而發球也無關天份,久練有功,即使是羽球業餘愛好者,都能發個一手漂亮的球。

而林欽華從出道至今發球都遭人詬病,幾年來都沒起色,若他想要在國際舞台站得更高,絕對要對發球技術下苦功!

13. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Disagree, think it all started with GVS indicating the high serve on CB. Then CB just gestures his serve was fine. This whole time LKW is giving the death stare every time he wins a point.
    There was GVS show boating when he won a point after smashing several times and pounding his chest (or something like that :|). I think HW's wave at the crowd was in response to the crowd simply going nuts over having a malaysian pair at game point. Then there was the mocking behavior when they won the first game.

oh well, we'll see how they get on with everything else. Just don't want hooligans playing a gentlemen's sport.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Then there's some ppl like nokh88 thinking that badminton is too gentlemanly and needs some edginess. :)

But yes, staring down and shouting at your opponent after winning a point (like Boe/Mo and Lim is in my books an unnecessary behavior that I don't want any young or old player to emulate at all.

#94 visor, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I read those articles, almost completely ignores the rest of the tournament. The comment section is also just people blindly praising too. Haha, but i'm not going to be the internet police, and go crazy over everything.

studying in UK right now, playing for a Uni in the midland region and boy do matches get rough. most definitely concur that this is nothing compared to local matches. but saying that, just because 1st degree manslaughter is not as serious as 1st degree pre-meditated murder, doesn't mean nothing's wrong. Obvious over exaggeration here, but I just personally don't like it when a sport that mandates the highest degree of athleticism, skill, finesse and mental fortitude to be played by monkeys

16. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I always thought LD, PG always had that edgy/sexiness about them. (I swear i'm a heterosexual male:p)

anyway, let the thread get back to what it's about, GVS/LKW's match.
    I'm personally pretty excited to see how both the "new" malaysian pairs will do in the next tournaments. I love it when new pairs burst on to the world scene and challenge the current status quo

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    the papers actually published few more articles on the Finals....with the one you read, being more on LKW/GVS... you can find other reports on other related links...but still of coz more MAS oriented...

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i am watching what you mentioned now...I think Goh just questioned abt CB service but he didnt make it a big issue and CB respond calmly (honestly I used to think CB are quite hot tempered but he earn my praise with his calmness recently)...nothing serious happaned after that...LKW did a few times stare at his opponents but not that serious....i am not sure where is the flashpoint...maybe something happened in between players which we can feel....but for players on court they are on war already

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Guys, let them have their moments coz they won't have them any time soon LOL. CHN/KOR/INA will study their games and thrashed them in AE this coming March... BOLEH?

*prove me wrong, pls :p*

20. visor

visor Regular Member

You know what... It's not that hard to beat them... Just psyc out Lim when he's about to serve, by putting up a hand to make him wait and think longer before his serve. And inevitably he serves into the net,
    every. single. time. ;)