arcsaber10 vs ti10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by klmno, Oct 30, 2012.

1. klmno

klmno New Member

hi,all,I want to know about those 2 racket.
    I read the review and I'm interested in those 2
    Can someone give me some opinion?
    the power,the control,and everything
    thx a lot

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    There are a few versions of the Ti10 each with slightly different feel and balance - so it depends which one you're refering to.

I only have the original 1st generation Ti-10s which are head heavy, the other generations, I've been told are even balanced. I also have two Arc10s. In my experience there is no comparison between the two racquets. One is an absolute legend, a classic and the other is an overhyped top end racquet.

The Ti-10 is a hugely powerful, solid yet very controllable racquet. It has a very large sweetspot and has excellent anti-torque properties that makes it very forgiving and stable on off-centre shots. The frame shape also makes it very maneouvreable and whilst it is not stiff by todays standards, it is still used by many advanced players.

The Arc10 is a bizarre creature in my books. It has no real qualities that makes it stand out. Firstly it lacks power, it has a tiny sweetspot thats slightly lower than the centre position making it a very unforgiving racquet on off centre shots. Control wise it is ok, but nothing spectacular, anything above the centre position on the string bed causes a lot of vibration and so control suffers massively on slightly mistimed shots. It moves very well through the air like the other arc sabers. However a lot of professionals and intm/advanced players use it so don't take my view as gospel. I personally think it is the worst performing top end racquet that Yonex has made since the aerotus 110.

3. klmno

klmno New Member

the one that I mean is the 3rd gen,thx for your feedback

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have the third gen ti10 and it seemed to be a solid racket. it's a bit heavy for me even tho it's only 3u i think, i need to double check on that. but the frame is normal isometric but leaning toward oval so it's bit more compact that the arc10. i find the arc10 just really slow and clumsy in my opinion. maybe because the head frame is a bit rounder than the ti10 and rounder than most rackets for that matter.

they both seemed to be even balance racket for me, the ti10 seems to be a bit stiffer than the arc10 but not by much. for some reason i can generate a lot more power with the ti10 than the arc10.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the latest aerotus 110 was only sold in japan. i wish i could get my hands on one. i completely agree with you on the arc10 bit. for some odd odd reason, i just couldn't do anything with that racket. i've tried both the 2u and 3u version and still nothing. maybe i'm blaming too much on the racket......bleh...