Victor Jetspeed Series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Renmazuo27, Nov 8, 2013.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Is the feel softer than yonex and li ning racquets? Or is the problem just that it's softer than most victors?

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Softer than most Victors and more akin to Yonex.

3. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Finally Received the 8ps 4u bg80p 24lbs and played with it for an hr. Current racket is bs11 4u bg80p 24lbs. 8ps feels more weight at the head compare to bs11, but still more balance than head heavy. It's definitely easier to clear (both forehand and backhand), and better smash power in my hand. It's also a very fast frame, not quite the speed of BS, but faster than most yonex. It's true it does not feel as lively as BS, but not a deal breaker either. For those only familiar with yonex racket, I will say its a lighter, faster version of arc11. It feels so much lighter compare to my friend's arc11, and we exchange rackets in our session to compare. I always fine my smash significantly more powerful with a arc11, and now the 8ps 4u gives me the same power. :)
    Forgot to mention, the shaft is quite a bit more stiff than bs11. A beginner level player also tries it, but just unable to generate power given the stiffness. Overall think 8ps is a good replacement for BS, once victor decides to discontinue the BS series.
    One negative compare to BS, BS defence better. Not enough net shots to comment but BS may have a small upper hand too given the advantage in speed

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Of course your 4U 8PS feels lighter than your friend's Arc11... Arc 11 doesn't come in 4U weight. ;)

5. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Yes I know and why I think Yonex should come out with a 4U Arc11. I used a Arc10 before and play with Arc11 quite a bit (2 frd's have it). The Arc11 definitely gives me more smash power but thats the only thing it does better compared to the BS11. BS11 wins hand down on all other areas. Now the 4U 8PS gives me the same smash power as a 3u Arc11, without sacrificing much in speed compared to the BS (i.e. still way faster than a arc11.) I have 3 BS11, 2 4U, 1 3U. Even the 4U JPS gives me more power even compared to the 3U BS11.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, power is pretty special from this racket. Clears and smashes are so easy.

7. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

4U PS is too light for me, testing once the shuttle speed is too slow during hitting, and feeling like whole racket is vibration. 3U PS & ST so far no problem, may be just too sensitive but yet, 4U model always not really good for hard hitter.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

8PS update:

Been playing a few hours with gradually higher tension of ZM65 @ 25x27 lbs.

Much better feel and touch. Now my forecourt, net, touch, push shots and drives are much more accurate with better feel and control. Now I can go back to my usual shots that just skim over the net. :)

Maybe next time I'll still have to try BG80 just once to satisfy my curiosity if a hard feel string can improve feel further. :p

Power for smashes and clears and defensive drives are still there in spades. Very easy to generate power.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So all it needed was higher tension... is it time for Victor to roll out a minimum warrantied tension?:)

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Maybe. I pushed the ST to 29x31 and it still wasn't good enough. I find the frame just too soft

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Yah, if I needed that much I don't even want to think how much you'll need. :eek:

Just go straight to BG80, I'd say.

12. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Agree. A hard feeling string will compensate if one wants that 'lively' feeling.

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Or NS30;).

I'd really like to send a dozen of these things through at 30 to see what happens - I can't believe Victor would put a racket out that a pro couldn't use at 30+...

14. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

I m surprised on the 8ps, it actually says headlight printed on side of shaft ?

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Latest update : Liliyana Nasir uses JS-8ST

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Another 8PS update:

Finally strung with BG80 @25x27 lbs. Now pinging at 1140 Hz after 4 hrs play.

The crisp feel is now very nice. A tad hard and the sweet spot is noticeably smaller for me at the moment, hoping tension will soften a lb or two after a few more sessions. But touch shots are now easily controlled and power is still there.

So, for anyone needing better feel with this racket, make sure to try BG80 first before putting it up for resale. No wonder so many pro Yonex players prefer BG80. :)

#596 visor, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  17. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    BG80 is indeed a very good string. I also like the BG85, which is just a tad softer, so it's less strength demanding for me. Can't go wrong with both of them, in my opinion.

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Victor NS880Ti would probably do the trick as well - that stuff is HARD.

How did the frame stand up to 27, by the way?

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting, my friend swears by BG85. How is it compared to some other strings like ZM65, VS850?

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Wasn't there when the stringer strung it, but looks ok.