Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Its time they split. After Rexy left, thats it.As suggested before, KKK can play XD. TBH can partner Ah How again if they want a senior. If youngster, Ow is best candidate as his current partner Chooi is not strong physically. The prob would be the age difference.Another would be Teo Kok Slang

2. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    Then i can say ur OBSERVATION IS WRONG. Its not about fitness level or whatsoever, IF u OPEN ur EYES, u can see that TBH has higher fitness level than KKK. the difference is too BIG
    u also should consider the future prospect , tbh still young , he can still achieve something great in the future
    if ur partner always make unreasonable mistake , do you think as a partner u can bear it ? they are profesional player dude. then what u will say about LYD and JJS, after JJS left who should partner with LYD , of course the association will decide that , is who is the approriate candidate, then u should questioning urself why rexy left this pair ?????

U may say that SPLIT is not the best way , but TBH can still continue playing with KKK and at the same time playing mix double like what indonesian does,
    hendra setiawan/ markis kido
    hendra setiawan/ vita marrisa
    markis kido/ pia zebaedah

3. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Cap's really makes me think. Yeah right. . . .I lol-ed. .

Anyway, I'm not sure how do you compare their fitness level, maybe not same as mine. Maybe your mentality says that whoever do most smashes/ killing strokes means he has high fitness, but for me, this only applies when the pair is using the tactics where they'll rotate among them to smash the bird.

For KKK/TBH pair, they were not using this tactics longer so I would say fitness level for KKK is enough for him to do his job while for TBH, his fitness is under par for what he used to be. I'm not comparing their fitness as u did so that is why I'm saying the fitness for TBH is low because I've watched his game before ( and most of us love how he execute his blow over and over again ). But I have to agree with you if you're saying TBH's much better than KKK's, but this is not what I really want to talk about.

Based on OG recently, it seems like KKK has given 90% while TBH was like 70% only. I was like 'where is the 423km/h smash?'. And the final game with Korean pair shows it. Do you really think partnering with anyone would fix this especially in Malaysian XD? Then I would say TBH will always break his racket disappointing on his partner. With this kind of attitude/discipline, even if they partner with someone that is really good, I don't think they can improve at all. Rexy had mentioned a lot of time about discipline for this pair. He only mention about it on-court. But most of us think that it is related to KKK's lifestyle. Thus all chanting/mocking is directly onto him.

You can have the best tactics, the highest fitness level, the best coaches or even the best partner in the world, but if your mentality is just wavy most of the time, no point. Please don't let this 'morale-down' senior affecting the juniors. It's better leave them fixed themselves. After that, yes. . .SPLIT!

4. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    First of all Im not Malaysian , but I really DO love and support Malaysian Players especially TBH.
    It's not based on who has the best smash, if U review their match in indonesian open, olympic , all england , its too obvious that KKK is OUT OF BREATH
    u said : And the final game with Korean pair shows it. Do you really think partnering with anyone would fix this especially in Malaysian XD?
    I: i think TBH has talent in MX, then WHY NOT? at least he can still contribute rather than stick with KKK

Based on OG recently, it seems like KKK has given 90% while TBH was like 70% only. I was like 'where is the 423km/h smash?
    oh come on, KKK is 2 years older than TBH , so i think KKK should lead TBH by not having silly mistake such as wrong interception ? silly cross net ?
    why TBH should put his energy while his partner waste all the things? I really dont get it
    But yes , as a profesional player TBH should put himself in the best performance

5. eaglehelang

- It has been mentioned KKK is hardest to deal with in terms of discipline. See one of the threads.
    - It is well known TBH has lower stamina than KKK. Mentioned before by coach Pang. KKK has also tested to be fittest MD player, of course that was 2 to 3 years back. That's why KKK can play MD and XD, one of the reasons anyway.
    - After Rexy left, the understanding and team work has gone from bad to worse. That will be something that put a thorn between them. TKH, Pang or sports psy will not be able to solve this unless both really(X5) let bygones be bygones.
    - TBH better partner younger partner, even the older Ah How. Compare the understanding between TBH and Ah How, immediate chemistry, no tension2

6. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

Its more of a shout of frustration and desperation to me, not to hv more power.

Haha but i enjoy watching him shout, it makes me feels happy cause its comical, sort of watching comedy badminton.:p

But of course, just like most people, its frustratingly sad watching a talented pair going downhill before the end of their physical prime.

Watching their defense against the Korean in bronze match, i'm impressed with their reflex, though it fails to gain points. To be able to repulse at least 5-8 continuous smash from top players, i'll give credit because normally i'm not able to block more than 3 smashes from my friend. Not that i'm a good player anyway.:eek:

Split or not, unlike others, i think we do not know if its good or bad for them. We can't tell until its tested. It will be trial and error. I still think they need professional motivator.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    so pang/tan beat nadzmi and co with 21-10,12-21,21-15
    koo/tan will not split!
    for all the coach honors,fame,money and power sake!

8. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Why are we talking about the past games? Aren't we talking bout the recent game? :confused:

Tell me in OG who made most unforced error? TBH or KKK?

Honestly, we should end this discussion since we were not synchronised about matches. I'm at your side if you are talking about those past games, but at this moment I am talking about OG only. It's the game that shows us whether they shud separate or not. It's the game that shows us how much effort they put.

If you keep saying they should be separated based on past performance and not the recent 1 , I rest my case :eek:

#1748 M3Series, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  9. eaglehelang

Based on recent performance during OG, I'm of opinion they should split. In fact even more so. Based on performances last half of 2011 until 2012, they also should split. They have to reach the understanding of 2010 WC to carry on, after Rexy left, that understanding is gone

The 'should not split' level of performances was over as of end of 2010, after AG

#1749 eaglehelang, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    tbh did a public hearing about the split as he post in weibo ask about public opinion,haha

11. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Just split la...

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    if u read what tbh said in the star interview
    u will saw a word like spliting us have no benefit to any of us
    see,benefit,hehe

13. Ython

Ython Regular Member

So it is not their relationship problem. They are still supporting each other.

14. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I really wish to see this pair to be beaten up by another MAS pair so I could be saying ' SPLIT THEM!' at ease. . .:(. As long as they still holding the no.1 contender in 'this kampung', splitting them have so much risk.

15. eaglehelang

Of course, they have to start all over again to climb the world rankings. This also sthing TBH saidafter 2008 OG

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they lost more than 50% of their match against teammate in international tournament.

hehe,and beyond that

17. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    they need something fresh... i mean new partner, new gamestyle... im not saying splitting them is a great choice or an easy decision to be made, but i think to make them more competetive in-terms of speed n power game, they need younger partner... tbh is still young n he can partner another youngsters you tend to play attacking game as him (as long as he's fit)... as for kkk, he still need to play faster game (eventhough he's improving prior to olympic, it's still not enough)... i can see he gave everything he got during semi n bronze medal match an i do salute him for his effort... :) well, if he partner someone who is attacking minded, but if he still playing unnecessary trickshots , it won't go anywhere... for me he's still a great player in Malaysia but he must, i said MUST minimize his risky 'tricky' shots at the crucial moments... sometimes too fancy...

18. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I think he realized that KKK is still the best choice for a partner. KKK can be great if he doesn't make all the mistakes and fancy shots. So partnering KKK will have better chance to rake in some cash n honour better than to start a new partnership.. Malaysia have some scheme payout monthly allowance thing right? like if you're in the top3, u get this much, top10 this much n so on.. so if he is to start a new partnership, monthly allowance will be greatly reduced. not sure if the new partnership works or not.. They might hav to test for 2yrs.. there goes his luxury lifestyle :(

19. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    I wouldn't necessarily say that KKK and TBH did poorly in Olympics.
    True, they did not win a medal as much as we had hoped, but realistically, they didn't stand a high chance of toppling LYD/CJS or CY/FHF.
    In fact, one could say that as the world 8th ranked pair, they did well to get to the semi-finals.

Between the two of them, it's hard to blame one more than the other.
    TBH really seemed out-of-sorts and not-interested in some matches, but I'm not sure if that was really the case, or was it just his normal expression. Or was it being exhausted after smashing from not having enough stamina.
    As for KKK, I think we are perhaps being overly critical. Back in 2006-2007 when they were winning right, left and center, KKK was using a lot of trick shots. And at the time, a lot of fans were very excited about his style of play. That's KKK. If he stops playing like that, he is no longer KKK. We cannot expect him to play like TBH. He plays a lot of high-risk shots. When it works out, it seems magnificently brilliant. When it doesn't, we all ask why is he being such an idiot? It's really two sides of the same coin. It's just that in recent times, his opponents have been able to read his plays better.
    They need to re-invent themselves somehow. CY/FHF had a slump after the Beijing OG2008, and they could have withered away. But when they came back, they did so strongly and have remained at the top for the best part of the last 2 years. KKK and TBH have much to learn from this legendary pair.

#1759 PrimeShuttler, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  20. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Source : The Star

PETALING JAYA: The late Datuk Punch Gunalan was the last Malaysian to win a singles gold medal at the Asian Games in 1970. World No. 2 Lee Chong Wei now faces a challenge to emulate that feat.

Yesterday, the owner of professional club KLRC, Datuk Seri Andrew Kam, threw down the gauntlet to Chong Wei, urging him to end the long drought at the 2014 Asiad.
    Chong Wei, who won his second consecutive Olympic silver medal at the London Games recently, has set his sights on winning honours at the 2013 World Championships and 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
    He has also said that he may have a tilt at the 2016 Rio Olympics if his body and mind are up to it.
    “No Malaysian has won the Asiad gold after Punch and that should be Chong Wei’s target,” said Andrew, who paid his last respects to Punch at his residence yesterday.

And i thought KKK/TBH won the Doha Asian Games .. Did Andrew wrote them off as Malaysian?? He should instead said Mens Singles Gold and not the Malaysian as general... lol.. Poor KKK/TBH and Rexy... All their hard work in Doha has just been ignored :(