Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I tried the SW3150 and it was terrible. Slow, planky, none of the legendary SW punch......I thought it was going to be one of those "60% the price, 95% the performance" deals but it was a complete waste of time.

Your results may vary, of course. I actually think that all-round, the Braveswords are more of a package deal than the the Superwaves. Certainly the BS170/169/168 would be a better value option than the SW3150, that's for sure.

The mid-end Li Nings are better performers for the money IMHO.

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    which one in theorically give more power, racket with long shaft or short shaft?

3. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    vote for racket with long shaft as it will create more 'bending' to create additional power.. :)

4. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I got a BS09 and BS12 as well. The BS12 plays a little better for me. Really been thinking about trying the BS10 though. What was it that made BS10 your favorite?

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's noticeably stiffer and quicker than the BS09 and 12. The fact that it's stiffer makes it more reliable for me, because I always have very good control over the racket head. That it's quicker than the other Braveswords makes it a bit better at the net, although I think it takes better technique and a bit more effort to put pressure on a shot than with the BS09.
    My smashes can be a bit better with the BS10 if I put in the effort, and clears are easier. Somehow a BS10 with a 28lbs NBG98 feels very much alive, whereas other rackets with such tension can be a bit limiting.
    In singles, I rarely have problems putting the shuttle where I want - only smashes, backhand clears and at times crosscourt net shots can pose a bit of a problem; the racket feels just a tad too light at the net sometimes. On the other hand, I think no racket will ever be or feel perfect - there's always a weakness and a trade-off somewhere (i.e. a head heavier racket will be more powerful, but take more effort to wield and weaken the defense).

If you can, try out the BS11 and 10 simultaneously - the BS11 will be a bit closer to the 09 and 12 (more head-heavy than the BS10 and not as stiff).

6. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Just recieved my Victor MX80 strung at 27lbs with BG-80!

Can't wait to try this bad boy out!

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    LYD was played superb again den team. keep it up. i want to see u in final.

8. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    i think this is why BS10 is the most expensive BS series.. btw, did u notice that they have the new color scheme in BS10? i like the old one though..

please give review about it :)

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In Germany, it is the cheapest, same as the BS09. Before that, it was always as expensive or slightly cheaper than the BS11, which was the most expensive - not it's the BS12, which plays only marginally better than the BS09 yet costs nearly twice as much. At least that's true for me.

I didn't notice any new color scheme, but I think that's because Victor Germany didn't get any of those. We're kinda second priority here - Bumblebee rackets weren't available at all, and all new rackets or clothes are delayed like 4-6 months compared to Asia (or rather HK online stores).

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The SW35 is still the go to racket for me.:) I don't know what it is, just the SW35 has something that others don't, I can't pin point what it is though.

I've kept the same racket as a go to for 18 months now, this must be a record for me...

11. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    yup... i also previously own 1 of this 4 digits model of sw3250... :)

12. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    if i'm not mistaken, the old one was black-dove and white right?
    the new one ( the one that i tried ) was dark grey-metallic and white..

even in Taiwan i only found 1 racket so far.. and that racket even being put at the most back and looks kinda dirty.. probably just a leftover

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i had found no new color scheme here..it's just the word 'Brave Sword' replace by 'Sword' and 'Head Square' dissapeared....the dark grey mettalic, white still maintained. But i must say that this new version BS10/BS11 improved on the hologram paint a lot better...kudos.

Jackie, BS10/11/12 selling here is at the same price tag...BS09/SW35/36/37 is put under same tag price but cheaper....and Yes, i can feel u towards BS10/BS11...they are more stiffer and quicker than BS09/BS12...my secondary favorite is BS11, when i need more flexier and head heavier to play as opposed to BS10. :)

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Interesting. Here, most older models (BS09, BS10, SW35) are noticeably cheaper, with the rest being roughly the same price. I believe the Meteor could be a bit more expensive, but I didn't check yet. My usual shop just e-mailed me about my last order and mentioned it's now available here.
    I'd like to get one or two BS11s as back-ups, but money is kinda tight for now and I'm probably better off getting a third BS10 first to prepare for bad days and winter temperatures^^

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm almost tempted to get another BS11 myself. After bagging it out, I pulled it out of my bag after about 12 months of it gathering dust and kinda reminded myself why it was my go-to for a whole season.

16. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Guys,

Since Victor is a brand from Taiwan, is it cheaper to get them from Taiwan instead from M'sia? Also, can someone recommend some shops selling cheap and genuine rackets in Taiwan? Might be going there for vacation soon. :p

17. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    Hi beautiful people of Victor...I am Haniffa from Singapore. As you might have known by now that Chris of E Link Sports, Ang Mo Kio is no more the official Victor distributor in Singapore. I have already emailed Lai Cai Qin whom is the new distributor. The person said that they will start distributing in Jan 2012..Im not sure where is the shop but I will definitely update all of you guys...=)

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

As far as i know it's not cheaper in Taiwan. The company and main distributors have some sort of unwritten agreement that they won't undercut price to each other so much so affecting each other sales. But who knows, maybe members from Taiwan and Malaysia can verify this.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thanks for the info Haniffa. What happen to Chris? Is he still running the shop or perhaps has retired?? :)

20. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, to my knowledge, he's still operating the same shop. It was a matter of corporate decision. But reckon Chris will continue to be welcomed by all regular Victor supporters after so many happy years :D