Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I'm surprised no one else including Matt (who got the 5U Arc FB long before me) have posted any impressions of the 5U Arc FB. I have been busy with my Adidas Duoforce racket. I will post some impressions of the 5U Arc FB later this weekend.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Or is it :D? (;);))

MOGFB.jpg

3. Sgt_Strider

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Just FYI, in one match, where things didn't go the Danes' way, CM snapped his VT ZF with his bare hands (by bending it past the point of no return :D)....soooo, he might actually be able to destroy that VT frame in a rally as well ;)

5. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

anyone clarifying with yonex whether there's any mis-representation of their racquets in games by the so-called spray-painting of other racquets?

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm sure they'll answer questions like that. Truthfully.

7. aku318

aku318 Regular Member

kinda annoying with this "disguise-painted" rackets...
    why just not accept it?

8. cschun86

cschun86 Regular Member

For those interested with 5U FB, rakuten seems got offer of free internation shipping till 30th May.

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I did post something brief lol!! But until I can play normally again, I wont be able to discribe in dephth since I cannot even use my full ability to utilize what the racket can do, not to mention my own racket I like to use.

10. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

yeah like anyone can say anything..

who knows maybe lee chong wei is using a VTZF painted arc FB *rolls eyes*

11. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

I, and I'm sure a number of people in this forum, have been waiting for someone doing a comparison between Arc FB F(6U) and 5U. Please kindly those who have been "lucky" to have and use them provide a review. I do appreciate your kindness.

As for the assumption that CM is using a sprayed ZF (not actually a FB), is there anyone who can provide us with a snapshot or any image to prove it? Now we are living in a digital era. Thus, I believe that only a I-heard-someone-said-bla-bla-bla evidence is not enough to support an assumption.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I haven't taken a picture but in close-ups during the SC (where we finally have HD quality videos again) the frame seemed a little thick for the FB. No conclusive proof, though, and the only really conclusive proof (a photo showing the Voltric bumps) would be a real close-up photo. So basically we'd have to get a stringer to risk his job and take one ;)

13. Sgt_Strider

Buddy, you live in Tokyo. Just buy one and test it out for yourself if you're desperate for an answer.

14. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

The fact that I live in Tokyo does not mean that I have the money. I don`t know maybe you have a money tree at your backyard that you can buy anything you want (I believe you have bought so many rackets), but for me I want to spend my money wisely. I believe this forum is a place for sharing things and those who have been lucky to possess a certain racket has the privilege to share his thoughts on it so that people who need them would get a view to decide.

If you are busy or even hesitate to write a comparison, that would be fine. I just hope someone who possess those F and 5U Arc FBs would be kindly share his thoughts on them. And my appreciation to them for their effort.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Comparing the same model racket but with an average of 5g difference... shouldn't the result be obvious? ;)
    Haven't you ever done this yourself?

I and others can very easily tell you that
    with a heavier one, you'll get more power for overhead shots and attack, at
    the expense of underhand shots and defence.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    At the Sudirman Cup semi-finals, Ratchanok was playing with the Arc-FB -again!

Granted, she was hobbled in one leg and in obvious discomfort, but you could notice the lack of power in many of her shots especially those she had to stretch and reach forward and low, for. The only shots where she got full value for money were her overheads, when she had enough time to complete a full swing.

Note to all: I'm talking about a pro player in a competitive enviroment that most of us can only ever play in our dreams! :p Again, RI was coming off the ARC-10 that she has been used to for a long, long time, and there will still be times when she may not have compensated her play to adjust to the flyswatter... so her experience may mean squat for most of us. Still and all, if she persists with using the FB (won the India Open with it, too) it can't be too shabby...

17. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

Visor, is it as simple/easy as that? Is it fact or assumption? If it's as simple as that, we should close any discussion on comparison between size versions of a racket, shouldn't we? But I think we all agree that the question would still remain: how much? How much 5gr makes the difference? How much 5gr adds power to your shot and suffers your defense? Is it noticeable or not? Which version you think is best for your playing style?

Thus, we need someone to tell us his thoughts on this matter. Even though it's going to be a subjective view, but at least we'll get a view to help us to make a decision which version might be suitable for ourselves. Sometimes we think a question looks silly or stupid, but I think helping others finding an answer to their problem is one of the reasons why this forum is made for.

Again and again, I'm still waiting and hoping for someone making a comparison between the two and I believe I am in a right place to do so.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'm hoping for a comparison review of the 6U and 5U from [MENTION=56]Matt[/MENTION]
    and one of the FB 6u vs 5U vs Photon from [MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION]
    That would complete the picture for me! ;) :)

19. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ In no way was I belittling your query.

It's just my experienice after trying out over 20 rackets in the past 2 years. And at what point is 5g noticeable or how that affects your attack and defence is totally and completely subjective to each individual... as you can appreciate. So the short answer is that only you yourself can determine whether it works for you or not, by trying it out yourself. I know that can be an expensive endeavour but you can always resell it easily since its a hot new release. But for the sake of finding the right specs for you, it's worth it. Imho, as I have done.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

And yes if we're talking about 5g difference, it is as simple as I stated earlier.

5g is a HUGE noticeable difference.

(talking about same model racket of course)

#620 visor, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013