Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Very good Densha. Is ur MX80 a 4UG2 spec too ? Easy to handle ? How's the stiffness acting up to u ?

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thanks man
    No, my stringer does. He's quite awesome with stringing. Plus also I only break a string on average once every 5 months, so I just have not been bother to learn it.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes I heard its the remake of the normal Ti99. But here is always a bit of changes made, you know just like YY Ti-10 or AT700 series.

2 months old?? Half price?? Take it bro.... as long as still in good condition

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

VICTOR Brave Sword 10 - review (my post from the BS10 thread)

VICTOR Brave Sword 10 - review
    First of all, thank you to ants for providing the review template.

I think i need not to provide any intro for this Victor racket. Instead I should provide an intro about myself (the player). I started playing badminton at the age of 8 (although taken time on and off since then) I played mostly doubles, and we enjoy fast attacking play both at the back and at the net. And therefore I always wanted a fast and stiff racket, and up to last night I have never come across anything better than NS9900. Perhaps many of you know already know that Im a die hard NS9900 user as i always said in this forum that NS9900 is the best racket ever hahaha, i do love every bit of it.
    I injured myself about 2 month ago (the doctor said it was tennis elbow), since then I rested for 2 weeks and I dare not to hit as hard as I would previously (as Im still feeling pain on my elbow)

Anyway, I was become aware that Victor has come to Sydney, and to cut the story short I get the BS10 among many others (which will bring my total collection to 30 plus). Honestly I don’t know much about this racket before, not even this thread. All I know is people giving short comment about this racket, that’s about it.

Name: Victor Brave Sword 10
    Specs: 4U/G2
    Shaft stiffness: Extra Stiff
    Balance point: Balance/Head Light
    Strings: Victor VS-850
    Tension: 26lbs
    Grip: RKEP

Paint work and design:
    The things that strike me with BS10 were the metallic paint and sharp pointy edges of the frame as well as the waving section inside the frame. Please forgive me if these info are all too common for Victor regular users, as a new Victor user that were the things that set BS10 apart from other non-Victor rackets. IMO the inside wave will give extra strength to the racket (hence it can handle higher tension) the same way an arc window would do to the building structure.

Warm up:
    I had a bit of hard time adjusting to the timing and the feel of this racket. But when 2 mins warm up ended, i know straight away that this racket is really2 good. I have absolutely no complaint about every aspects of this racket.
    But at this point I was still in denial that nothing beats my NS9900. I only thought that this BS10 is only as good as NS9900. I did not believe that there is any lighter and stiffer and more dynamic racket out there.

Game play:
    As i mention previously, i was injured and playing at perhaps 70% of my max power. One thing that i notice straight away, BS10 was faster than NS9900. Maybe its because of 2 things, the NS9900 that i use was 3U and this BS10 was 4U, another thing would be the frame design which BS10 has. That sword like edges cuts through the air effortlessly.
    Naturally, the next thing I was eager to know is the power department. For a start there are 2 disadvantages, me being injured and the racket strung 2 lbs below my normal tension. But to my excitement I was hitting harder than ever and the angle/accuracy of the smash was amazing, it really surprised me. I know that in a way, me being weaker and the tension being lower help in one way. Therefore, I ignored my injury and started hitting 100% as hard as I can. The next thing I know, the strings starting to shift all over (none of the middle main strings were straight LOL) and I could feel that the string telling me “You’re hitting too hard!!” LOL. At that stage, I could not hit the bird any faster/harder, its just simply not possible at that tension. And I know 2 things from that: 1. BS10 is more powerful than NS9900 and 2. If I strung this BS10 at 28 lbs (at my normal tension) it will be even more powerful.
    All I can say now is that I have found a new wife and its the best racket ever made!!
    And that leaves me wanting even more to try the rest of the Victor rackets.

Im not sure where the fibe coming from about BS10 being an evenly balanced racket. This racket IMO is a balanced toward head light racket suitable for attack minded doubles player.

Racket ratings out of 10:

Feel: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 10/10
    Defense: 9.5/10
    Looks and finish: 8/10
    Value for Money: 10/10

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Your rating of 8/10 for the finish will drop to 5/10 once the holograph on the head starts flaking off. :)

Okay, so I have a bit of a dilemma. Looks like in the next couple of months I'll have an opportunity to play some singles, and being the rampant consumer that I am, I'm looking at a new Victor for singles.

Now, the issue is that really, I'd like a Yonex style head heavy racket - that is, with the weight at the top of the head.

I had an SW35 about 6 months ago and had reasonable success with it in singles, but my version at least carried it's weight fairly evenly. I find with the Yonex', the head heavy-ish rackets (I've had the AT900T and to a much lesser degree, ZS) feel a lot different because the weight is definitely carried in the top of the head and not spread out evenly like the SW35 does.

So, I'm not actually sure there is a Victor in the range that's going to feel like I want it to. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm almost thinking about getting another BS10 a lead weighting the head at 12/3/9 o'clock.

Sound crazy?

#65 Maklike Tier, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hahaha yup thats right mate, I really like the holograph part. I hope it wont happen (the flaking off part), you see maintainance is the key word isn't it?

According to the chart SW37 is the most head heavy Victor racket, but its not as stiff as SW35 or SW36.

Yes thats crazy, you will ruin the main reason why BS10 is soooo good LOL

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nope. The first time you frame a shot, that sheeeit it peeling right off. :) You can polish it as much as you like.

What chart is this? That horrible XY matrix chart? If it's a Superwave then I'm not convinced it's going to feel the way I want it to. I had a SW35 and have a SW3150 in my bag, and while they are heavier than the Braveswords, they don't carry their weighting concentrated in the head, so it's not what I'm after.

Maybe someone with a SW37 can comment??

8. Az1k1

Az1k1 Regular Member

Asset Management
    Is good to see more and more players are jumping on the Victor band wagon.

I am like many of you is a big fan of YY for many many years and buy every model that they release. However, last year a friend convienced me to try the new SW35. I was instantly hooked!!! Cant get enough of it...

I have tried many different brands of rackets but SW35 gives you the solid feel, whereas the others gives you this hollow feel. Because I don't play with Elite players, therefore we get those guys that tries to be KKK or TBH taking all the shots ending up clashing with my rackets. It's both heartarch and anger, especially that a$$ dont say sorry for breaking your $200+ racket and has the nerve to say "his one is original and mine is fake".

Anyway, I have recently brought a BS12 which is another great investment, as for doubles is awsome!!! More for defensive player, net shots, recover and control.

I am keeping all my YYs for future investment.

I am getting the Victor x-80 shortly, hopefully it is as good or better than SW35...

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes what else?? :(

Im not convince either but that what the chart says. As far as weight concentration which affecting the feel, there may not be a similar thing as your AT900T. Victor as you know have that different feel compare to YY.

Actually your question makes me question about the relation between concentrated weight and overall BP. Let say we compare 2 rackets, 1 with weight concentrated to the 12 o'clock position and the other is being spread across the head. If both rackets have exactly same weight, i presume that the 1st racket will have higher BP, right? Hence in a way to solve your problem you just need to find a racket which has higher/same BP as your AT900T and weight same/less than your AT900T. Is that right? Or am I missing some point?

10. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i got it from ebay, seller:squash_mart. it was 4UG2. if really want to taste the victoRY, i would recommend bravesword i.e BS10 or BS12.worth of your blood, tear and sweat to buy it bro...:D

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think this is why the BP doesn't tell half the story.

All it does, is tell you that 50% of the weight of the racket is one side of the fulcrum point, and 50% is on the other. It doesn't tell you where that 50% is located.

With rackets like the Armortecs and the VT80 which I had a brief hit with last night, you can feel the weight in the top part of the head, but rackets I've had with similar BP's like the SW35 and Forza Ti550 S feel very much like the weight is evenly distributed. They feel 'planky' and solid all-round, whereas the Yonex' feel like 'a rock on the end of a stick', for want of a better description :)

12. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    hello guys is it too late now ...?
    I just found this thread
    please count me in this "Victor Fan Club"
    I got MX80, SW37, SW35 and BS10
    and I will add SPR22 and MX70 into my bag sooner or later
    I got a Victor bag, three shirts and a short ;)

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    if dat's the case, just stick to AT900P or VT80 imo...technically proven for head heavy rackets. :)

gud luck anyway to your single match....and dun forget to tell me how good is VT80, if any :D

14. avengers88

Your BS12 is 3UG2 right ? Im very confused which one to get la bro whether 3U or 4U . Scared already cause the VT80 3U is pretty heavy LOL.

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yonex are notoriously heavy. I've never had one under 100g. NET

Just get the 3U BS12. It's quick enough at that weight.

16. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    hahaha...u better calm urself bro. i told this few times and i repeat it again for u :p . my MX80 is 4UG2 & BS12 3UG2.

VT80 is different case, as told by Maklike...the head heavy is real head heavy.

BS12 is even balance to say....i dun see the significant 3U vs 4U here, at least for me..but to be safe..take 4U if u want. and so far i haven't see any shops in KL sell 4U spec..u can order from eric at ebay.

personally, i like 3U when i play with stiff & head balance/light, 4U when the stiff & head heavy. :)

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Welcome jump-smash, its better late than sorry LOL.

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You did not put double layers of towel grip did you? LOL...........but yea normally YY is heavier than Victor

19. avengers88

Thank you samsud for repeating. You're such a good guy LOL ~ Okay I understand now. I'll try to check out Eric on the pricing and stuff :)

20. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    bro, why not u just take 3U? this will familiarise u to VT80 a bit...i feel 3U BS12 is lighter enuf, really far quicker than VT80. unless u want to let go VT80 and focus on victor :p