Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    My new MX60. Thanks to Axxian for the trade.

BG66U @ 25lbs, BP 300, 93g (Which is weird because it says 3U on the shaft, but it's good, because it's a net weight I like!). Perfect compliment to my BS11 (BP295, 94g)

IMG_2378.jpg IMG_2375.jpg IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2377.jpg

2. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

Congrats Maklike Tier for ur new weapon

cant wait to see ur review of MX60 vs ur old beloved BS11

:)

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Playing tonight, so I'll be able to give a vague impression tonight or tomorrow.

I have high hopes because I do love the Meteors (well, all of me except my shoulder loves them).

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Okay, well, despite this is my first week back afte surgery, it would be safe to say that the MX60 is quite a sweet bit of kit. Don't appear to have agrievated my shoulder with is good, and for same reason it doesn't feel as head heavy as a BS11. Heck, I even like BG66U!

5. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Nice one Maklike.

Contemplating on getting a few rackets before I sign my life away to marriage and controlled finances. ATM it seems to be a toss up between a BS12, MX60 and just recently stumbled upon the Li-Ning BP300C, so just bidding my time reading.

Justin

6. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    That's the wonder all mx60 shouting about, it doesn't fell heavy overall but it will deliver :)

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Well, I just played the last game of the night with my BS11 (ZM62 @ 24lbs) and it's an interesting comparo. Both are actually reasonably similar rackets despite the 5mm difference in BP's. The BS11 even at this early stage I have to say has the edge in speed, but the MX60 is perhaps up a bit in power. Honestly, I think it's fair to say that the MX60 is to the BS 11 what the MX80 is to the BS10. Both the same genre, but both with different feels and personality. I don't know what they did to the 60, but the buzziness that goes straight to my rotator cuff with the 80 doesn't seem to be there. That's a plus!

It is better than the BS11? I'd be surprised if I like it more, but it's definitely a nice racket of this type - mid-stiff and slight head heaviness. If you like this style of racket as I do, it's well worth a good hard look. Design is as per the Meteor series - top shelf. Big clash with some fred who went for a backhand shot when it was my forehand and not a scratch. BTW, the yellow is actually more of a metallic gold and picking up the red accents with a red grip really sets it off. Can't wait to put red ZM67 on it :)

Finally, I bought a spare packet of BG66U to try out and havent used it yet, so I was happy when this racket already had it at 25lbs. I thought that might be a smidge high for a .66 string, (It rings at 27lbs) but it's actually very playable. More than playable, it's a super nice feeling string with dual personality - great repulsion for clears but with a really nice tactile net feel. Nice! Only downside is a slightly concentrated sweetspot, but I'm sure most of that will disappear once I get some fitness back and have more than 3hrs on board.

It's nice to be back :)

8. axxian

axxian New Member

Glad you liked it Maklike.

Just didn't suit me at all - I like faster swinging raquets - i felt it was a bit slower than my mx80 (could be a combination of weight + head heaviness).

9. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Maklike, thanks for the review.

Could you compare and rate MX60 with BS11 and MX80 (knowing u own both but not SW37 right?) in terms of power, speed, accuracy and some other key performance of these rackets?

I am looking for a more powerful racket than my SW37 and as light and speedy as my MX80 :p

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Kason C7 :)

Or if you want a Victor with a similar feel, the SW310 is a little cracker. Mine has the same BP as the C7 (304mm) but is slightly slower on the reflexive defence shots....but is also half the price. However, none of them are as crispy and mechanical feeling as the MX80. Until they bring out one with a 305 BP, nothing feels the same, not even the MX60.

With the 60, you trade a little bit of that razor-sharpness for forgiveness, which for me is good, but if you don't like mid-stiff rackets you won't like any of the rackets I've mentioned above.

11. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Maklike, are u able to give the rating below for Kason C7, MX80, MX60 and BS11?

Feel: ??/10
    Control: ??/10
    Power: ??/10
    Defense: ??/10
    Speed: ??/10
    Netshot: ??/10
    Maneuverability: ??/10

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Geez, do I have to? Okay I will, but if things don't add up or you want to interrogate me, you can talk to the hand. I spent 5 minutes doing this....

C7
    Feel: 8.5/10
    Control: 8.0/10
    Power: 8.5/10
    Defense: 7.5/10
    Speed: 8.0/10
    Netshot: 8.5/10
    Maneuverability: 8.0/10

MX80
    Feel: 6.5/10
    Control: 8.5/10
    Power: 8.0/10
    Speed: 8.0/10
    Netshot: 8.0/10

MX60
    Feel: 6.5/10
    Power: 8.5/10
    Speed: 7.5/10

BS11
    Feel: 8.5/10
    Power: 8.0/10
    Speed: 9.0/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10

#252 Maklike Tier, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  13. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Thanks Maklike, appreciate it. It is a useful info for me ;)

Look like Kason C7 is very competitive compared to other branded racket, I am not so familiar with it. Hopefully I can try it one day, hehe....

Now, I have to decide between Kason C7 and MX60 (which I first interested in) :confused:

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The MX60 is nice and certainly the most accessible Meteor, but at this stage if I was to get another Victor I'd be looking at the LYD or BS15. I just think the Braveswords are legendary rackets and I don't think the Meteors are an improvement - they're just a different feel which may or may not be to everyones' taste.

Anyway, I have a Kason TSF500 on its way to me now, so next mini-review will be a C7 vs TSF500!

If that fails dismally then I might throw caution to the wind and get a BS15.

15. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Agreed. Reading Maklike's post and going off his assessment on the C7, MX's and BS11, you would have thought the BS11 and the C7 would be a better choice Aryan.

I, personally would not consider the LYD or BS15, just solely on the shape of the frame (aka VTT/Z-Slash) which potentially will reduce the sweet spot size.

Hit us up with your TSF500 vs C7 review!

Justin

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The LYD is not like the ZSlash - it's head is slightly shorter than a normal Bravesword but the same width.

17. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Fair enough - probably need to suck it up and not be too concerned over the sweet spot size.

18. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I used BS11 before, it is a really fast racket, however I couldn't generate decent power for smashing when I used it. Maybe my wrist is not strong enough. Same thing when I am using my MX80 which I bought with the intention of upgrading my power as compared to my previous BS11. I do enjoy using MX80 for it is speedy, accurate and have better power than BS11.

Therefore I am looking for a mid flex racket like SW37 and MX60 to help me in this area to get more power. However now, the SW37 which I am using, does give me more smashing power but I am a bit slow in front court due to its overall heavier weight. So now, MX60 comes into my radar and then C7 also which Maklike recommended.

How good it is, if I am as rich as Maklike that I could buy more rackets to try out..... hahaha.... :p

Anyhow, I learn a lot about different types of rackets from you all through your sharing of knowledge and experience. Thanks!!!

#258 Aryan, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    no need to be rich, make mikelike as your idole, then u will buy a lot of racket.

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I'm not rich in the slightest. I just buy Victors at Taiwanese prices, and sell them locally after I've played with them for a bit for the same price ;)