Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Han, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Unfortunately, the only player Ronald Susilo is now capable of knocking out is himself :crying:

2. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

China sports official do this all the time. In table Tennis many many years ago they ask their No.1 woman TT player to lose a match to her teammate for the same reason LYB did. She went on to win the match and the title later.

Even though she won the title, they punish her for insubordination by refusing to send her overseas later.

She resigned married a Japanese and went on to play for japan and if I remember won some title in China and was booed, she had to fly off to Japan quickly for safety reasons.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wake up Ronald! :mad:

Oldhand wants a match with you. ;)
    Didn't you beat Chen Jin not too long ago and perhaps BCL too? You still have 10 months more to buck up and astound the badminton world again as you did at the last Olympics! Then LYB will not be able to keep his job! :D

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this only prove that the big wigs above LYB are ok with that, as long as LYB brings home the golds. The motherland groomed, fed, and trained all national players. They are priviliged chinese citizens. If the chinese olympic players don't understand this by now, he/she is mentally inept and would be weeded out. Lots of candidates waiting to get into the national squad. It's not cruel, it's daily life in china.

look at chen hong, zhou mi, wang chen, pi hong, Xu H. They have choices and elected to quit. XXZ chose to stay.

#44 cooler, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Her name is He Zhili (何智丽), aka Koyama Chire (小山智丽).

http://books.google.com/books?id=JU...EfK&sig=ck-95nHaSvdn_Gw2ZcN7flE_-9g#PPA239,M1

#45 robin7, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

(Apologies for the OT...)
    Did you see Kendrick Lee play Peter Gade and Premyslav Wacha?
    It shows how he's playing now (these matches were just last month).
    He might go places if he would stop attempting trick shots.
    From what I saw, not one of them made it over the net. :mad:

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

If not for a ruthless cunning, do you think Li Yongbo would have been around for so long? :)
    In fact, he has outlasted a whole generation of players and coaches.
    He has survived several governments and big-bosses too. :cool:

LYB subscribes (and brazenly too) to the theory that everything is fair in love, war and badminton.
    Years later, very few are likely to remember how the match was won.
    But most are likely to remember that it was indeed won.
    And also that it was won on Li Yongbo's watch. ;)

For China, only one thing matters - winning. :)

It's an ugly but effective dogma.
    Until the Soviet Union disintegrated, this was their dogma too.
    Now the Russians are too busy being corrupt to attend to sports. :D

If badminton is to be rid of LYB, someone has to beat his players.
    Not once, not twice... but with unfailing consistency. :)

For long, I believed Taufik Hidayat would prove to be LYB's nemesis.
    Clearly, that faith was misplaced. :mad:
    Lee Chong Wei could yet fufill that role.
    Can he? Will he? :(

8. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

Do you think LYB will use match fixing in the Bei Jing Olympics? If so, who is going to be forced to lose?

In MS, I don't think LD will be forced to lose because he has beaten all the top players before multiple times.

In MD, the only top pair is FHF and CY

In WS, I'm not sure.

In WD, I don't think China needs match fixing here

In XD, I don't think GL and ZB will be forced to lose. I think they're much better than ZYW and XZB.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i'll tell u all that when u give me the winning numbers for this week lotto 649:rolleyes:

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, the critics are looking for excuses why china win because they have exhausted excuses of why their countries lost. Even themself often have said a win is a win unless proven otherwise legally (ex. doping or ban substance). This match fixing of 2000 OG is now just a historical passing. For china and LYB, it doesn't matter whether gongZC or YZY had won gold as long as she was from china.

As Deng Xiao Ping had said:

"No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat."「不管白猫、猫,逮住老鼠就是好猫。」

if that cat don't catch mice, it will be eaten by the owner. As u can see in ZYZ's case, it wasn't cruel at all.

#50 cooler, Nov 13, 2007
  11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Then you must be the BF version of Li Yongbo :D:D:D

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Hey, it has been documented in BF that I was referred as 'the boss:cool:' here:D:p (hey, it's not my words:D)

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    This is so true in today's world... whether people like it or not, it is how this world operates.

China's badminton players are just like the employees in a big corporation... if one employee can't do the job right, then the next employee will take over. Plus, if sacrificing one employee will ensure the success of the corporation, what makes you think the "manager(LYB) won't do so... and same goes for the CEO of the company(LYB's boss)?

If you put yourself in their shoes, you probably will do so as well... and for those of you who claim that you won't, you are either lying or you are not that smart at all.:rolleyes:

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I know you for some time now and that you are partisan to CHN as we are too....gold medals meant a hell of lot for CHN, esp for CHN first OLY, success in medalling and the games on the whole is of paramount to CHN, to a point that this games will be full house from first day onwards, no empty seats. What I am saying is LYB would do whatever he can, match fixing included, to get gold medals and damn right the big wigs condone that and damn right, the CHN players know this rule when they sign up for the squad. With so many excellent players to pick from with so few spots available, they are no insufficient bodies to fill the squad. What I am saying is it is not fair for a 2time WC to forfeit a game in OLY, if you don't understand that, then we can talk about this damn topic on court tonight!!!

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Sure a win is a win unless proven otherwise legally, that I said before...match fixing, you posted that before and I emailed to you to remind you so...what LYB did, he did it for CHN, that we understand, what I feel is for the players who trained so damn hard to told to walk the game, that is not fair, that is what I am saying and if you so hard up, then bring up this topic and we can talk out loud on court tonight!!!

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

are u briniging your taufik backhand smash too? :D it seem a bit weak lately:p
    I still say it isn't that bad as it look because Gong ZC has a good chance to knock out YZY if LYB let them duke it out, GZC isn't a slough WS player u know, and gong is the one who beat mia audina (1998 uber cup)in foreign soil. and under pressure:p) In OG, usually the mentally weak crumples (LD, bcl, chen hong) and i have no doubt gong is mentally stronger than YZY in this regard. So in reality, YZY really didnt gave up that much. LYB made a good and sound bet, gong has a better track record against non chinese foes.

#56 cooler, Nov 13, 2007
  17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    How the hell do you know who will win at least let them duke it out, after all both Gong and Ye earned their rights to enter SF in OLY, and neither should forfeit, and of course, being CHN no one in BC is mentally inept not to realize that, and in OLY08, CHN will do everything if it can get away to get as many gold as possible, this is HER games...I do not know who is YZY cos I did not follow baddy when she was playing, I only seen her videos but I don't think it is right for a 2X WC to walk a game...sure being part of team CHN, you obey the rules, but I feel sad for YZY is an OLY gold would be her crowning achievement and to deny that opportunity is not fair, maybe the way you post you are agreeing with LYB and condoning that...if INA, as someone posted earlier said, INA had done the same thing or if MAS were to do so, that is not right too. You never hear this from Denmark. The one beef I got on match fixing is an event as big as OLY SF to walk is not right for the player who would not have a second shot at that chance. You are missing the point if you think I do not understand CHN system but what I am alluding to is the players that I feel for.

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

OTB... just one question:
    Do you think he will turn up? :D

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Of course he would.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    And you'll give him a thrashing? :D

I think Oldhand wants to see that badly judging from his earlier posts on cooler. :)

But oldhand cooler will not just sit back and let you hit him. He will retaliate and even try to score with his backhand just to let you know he is not easy meat for the slaughter. ;)