Adidas CHINA Masters SS 2013 : Qualification to FINAL (10th-15th September 2013)

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei / China Open 2013' started by CLELY, Sep 9, 2013.

1. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Sure I understand if they want to skip the tournament. I am not criticizing those who are not participating but I criticize those who sign up and don't turn up and using excuse for tight schedule. Again you know your schedule before hand why did you sign up ? whoever signed up for them, they should said no to them. I am not talking about any particular country but in general to everyone. Responsibility and accountability of you action for signing up, if you down turn up please give explanation. This is normal at your work and my work right. If you and me don't turn up work, would we have to report?

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The problem with badminton (esp for teams like CHN and KOR) is that is the National Association who register the players to participate in a particular event.

Not to mention, if you withdrew your participation after the deadline for withdrawal, you could be fined (in particular for SS and SSP events). I am not surprised if most of the players who withdrew eventually show up in Changzhou so as to avoid the fines (and cite injury for their withdrawal).

I believe Saina Nehwal did it once when she showed up for the event, despite having withdrawn due to injury.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Let me cite a few rules from the BWF statutes:
    Late Withdrawal - withdrawal from either the qualifying or the main draw after publication of the draw without evidence of proof or "bona fide" injury, illness, bereavement or other emergency situation.

First incidence: US$250
    and every subsequent incidence: US$500

Early departure from tournaments - Making travel arrangements which would preclude the player from participation in scheduled matches

Penalty: same as above

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Imagine if you have 20 players withdrawing and having to pay fines of US$250....it's US$5000....not a big sum for the national association but that that money can be used to send young players into tourneys!

5. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    For Badminton to succeed, we all have to think globally as badminton community not just individual country. We are beyond nationalistic mentality, professionalism to provide entertainment is the set of mind we should all to adopt.
    National association have to act responsibly. Blaming BWF is cheap and childish. BWF is created by us and run by people like us who care about badminton. We all have to contribute in our own capacity. Any system will work only if the stake holder want to make it work.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The match between Kim KJ/Kim SR v Chai/Hong is really tense. The Chinese pair stuns last week TPE Open winner, 14-21 / 23-21 / 24-22 in 65 mins.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

R/16 will be started on 01.00pm local time, the host accomodates their exhausted players who played yesterday in China National Games have extra time to rest.

8. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Kazumasa Sakai from Japan, No. 33 stuns Chinese No. 2 seeds Du Peng Yu in 2 straight sets. Apparently Du Peng Yu only lead Sakai by 1 point once in whole match, and the rest Sakai seems win it convincingly.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Indeed.. Great show by Sakai winning the match in straight games. China proved again that it does not care about badminton or fans who came there to watch the games or sponsors by giving so many walkovers . Now Li Xuerui movied to quarters due to her compatriot's walkovers. No wonder, so many top players skipped this tournament.

10. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Liu Cheng and Bao Yixin stop playing in the mid of game 1, it seems either one of them is injured although none of them is limping. Official referee came to check before The Indonesians shake the Chinese hands. What a weird injury, oh well. Good for Lukhi/Annisa they are progress through to the 2nd round and projected to meet the CHN qualifiers, Guo Junjie/Luo Jiaxin

11. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Mediocre display from Ajay Jayaram who couldn't even beat Chen Yuekun, who must be tired out from having just participated in his National Games. With Chen Long having given a walkover to him yesterday (what a huge gift!) and with so many top players pulling out from this tournament...India had better do something about its poor training. Very disappointed to see the Indonesian MS dropping like flies, too - I saw the match between Zhou Wenlong and Rumbaka yesterday and Zhou won by playing at an absolutely sub-standard level. And what happened to Sugiarto?!

I now see that Sun Yu has given a walkover to Li Xuerui. Boo!

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Indeed.. Ajay and Anand Pawar are already out of form. It seems like they have come to attend this tournament for namesake . Even no coaches on their side. Instead they could have rested in their home with their money earned in IBL... May be they just wanna spend some timing for outing instead of playing . Ajay really played weakly and not to his potential. Definitely, i accept your point. India need to improve their infrastructure for this sport further in order to improve further. Chenlong did not give walkover to Ajay- just for your notice.

13. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

As expected , I know that Sun Yu walkover for LXR .:D

14. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Brother and Sister, Pia/Kido won over Chai/Tang in two tight straight games, with identical score of 22-20..

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, the most uninteresting SS, fortunately this is the last edition :D

16. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The 2012 sponsor was Li Ning but this year it's Adidas. It's a coup for Adidas indeed! China have withdrawn a lot of their players in the 2013 tournament and yet some like ZYL who was withdrawn for the WD was entered for the XD. Is it match-fixing so as to better prepare for the Japan Open next week? Whatever it is, BWF should do something about this orchestrated withdrawals. I feel sorry for the fans who booked and paid for their tickets based on the earlier draws.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You sure learnt fast. I used to be able to predict too but now, it's so often it's no more fun.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Just wondering.
    Did Sun Yu turn up at the venue?

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thank god, no more suffering:D

if i add walkover of this tournament to this
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...etired-between-same-country-player-since-2006
    hoho,more uglier
    waiting for the next legend to beat lindan in this category;)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    We knew that most of the top CHN players just completed an exhaustive CNG with participation in both team and individual competitions.

Granted that the CNG somewhat clashed with this CM, it has been explained that the players had no choice but to participate in their all-important national games, more so that it came earlier. I tend to think that the organizers would not want to purposely clash if avoidable but the CNG is not organized by the CBA.

By initially entering so many players for the Masters, CBA is shown to be supporting the event and badminton. Unfortunately the CNG has taken its toll on many players and for the top ladies draw like LXR to continue to battle despite her sluggish state and after contracting cramps in the CNG, shows that CBA cares for both badminton and its fans.

Already the men's second seed DPU had just suffered a shock defeat most probably as a result of fatigue after losing to LD in the CNG.

Would fans want to witness more such defeats and worse still, possible injuries to the top Chinese players, and left them inactive with many months for recovery?

We do not know the details behind the scheduling of the CNG and the CM. so it is both presumptuous and mischievous of you to jump at your unfounded conclusion.