Johor Open 2008

Discussion in '2008 Tournaments' started by limsy, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kilod

kilod Regular Member

student
    FOC????what is dat??sorry i dont know what is FOC mean..

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    I thought you said no KLRC players? Isn't Zulfadli in KLRC?:confused:

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    It means free of charge:)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he is not an oficialy klrc player...;)...if not...he already play in nz open liao...:p

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Not an official KLRC player? Ok..So, he didn't get to play in NZ open cause he's not officially in KLRC? :confused:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think u get confuse...klrc sponsor him in training...but...this 2 tournament are ongoing in the same week...so...he cannot split into 2 right???hehe...all klrc player give keutamaan to participate nz open...if not...they will participate this johor open...:D

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Zulfaldi is with KLRC, as announced in the press. But he should be under the development program, since he still needs to go the school. It depends on terms that Zulfaldi's dad agreed upon with KLRC.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

9. kilod

kilod Regular Member

student
    r u sure its FOC??
    hihih
    if dat is true
    im very glad....

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unfortunately a little inconvenient for Singapore fans to support the tournament as it ends on Friday. Especially for working adults who may be able to find time to visit Johor on Sat and Sun, non-working days for most in Singapore. :(

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    uncle loh...if not organise so...lcw and koo/tan and all those participate in co2 will absent...mean lcw cannot enter gp final next month...;)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    good fighting spirit

Top pair skip Johor Open to allow Eei Hui’s injury to heal

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Women’s doubles top seeds Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty have decided to skip the Johor Open, which begins tomorrow in Johor Baru.
    And Eei Hui will use the one-week break from competition to allow a painful ankle to heal.
    After enjoying a great two weeks in Europe, Eei Hui-Pei Tty are looking at continuing their good run in international tournaments at the China Open in Shanghai from Nov 18-23.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty nailed their first Open title in Odense, Denmark, two weeks ago. And in the French Open in Paris last week, they went down fighting to Olympic champions Du Jing-Yu Yang of China in the final.
    Their good performances in Europe saw them moving three rungs to the fifth spot in the latest world rankings.
    Eei Hui said that a short break would do them good ahead of the China Open.
    [​IMG] Great run: Chin Eei Hui and Wong Pei Tty won the Danish Open two weeks ago and were the beaten finalists in the French Open last week.
    “I twisted my ankle during training before the trip to Europe. I had to take a lot of painkillers and fortunately, it did not affect my game too badly,” she said.
    “My ankle is now swollen. It is not serious but it is best to stay home to polish up on our game rather than pushing ourselves in the Johor Open.”
    Eei Hui is happy that national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky would be staying back too to spend more time preparing them for the China Open in which they hope to reach at least the semi-finals.
    “We have several new Chinese pairs in our path to the semis. We cannot underestimate them because new talent from China are certainly no pushovers,” she said.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty are the second seeds in the tournament and there are five unknown Chinese pairs in their half of the draw — Chen Zhuo-Wang Yan, Deng Yuting-Tang Jinhua, Xie Jing-Zhong Qianxin, Wang Siyun-Zhang Jinkang, Hu Minyu-Ying Chun Liu.
    Skipping the Johor Open will mean that Eei Hui-Pei Tty will not have sufficient points to qualify for the National Grand Prix Finals in Alor Star. And it will be the third consecutive year that they will not feature in the premier domestic championships.
    In their absence, two new combinations — Ng Hui Lin-Goh Liu Ying and Woon Khe Wei-Sabrina Chong — will have a chance to nail their first local women’s doubles title.

source:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/11/10/sports/2503795&sec=sports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    quite terror wining a title and a runner up in a injury....

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...can tcs create some waves in top half???

Hafiz and Beng Hong up against the enemies from within

KUALA LUMPUR: Singles shuttlers Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong are in vulnerable positions as far as their status in the national team is concerned.
    They are among the senior players whom the back-up shuttlers will be out to scalp in the Johor Open, which begins tomorrow in Johor Baru.
    However, top seed and world number one Lee Chong Wei is expected to continue his domination in the local circuit without much problems.
    Unlike Chong Wei, the Beijing Olympics silver medallist and six-time national champion, both Hafiz and Beng Hong have nothing much to shout about this year.
    Hafiz’s best efforts were quarter-final appearances in the Danish Open and the Asian Championships (ABC) while Beng Hong showed slight improvement by making it to the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the Opens in Singapore and Macau respectively.
    One of the country’s top back-up players Tan Chun Seang is hoping to clear his opening match against Beng Hong. Both players have received first-round byes.
    “On paper, Beng Hong is the favourite. I lost to him twice before. But I will try to score a first win against a senior player,” said Chun Seang, who is one of the players under the 2012 London Olympics programme.
    “This is one of the worst years for me. I have not even made it to the quarter-finals of any tournament. A win will be good for my confidence.”
    If Chun Seang clears his first hurdle, he is expected to go all the way to set up a match against Chong Wei in the semi-finals. In his last encounter with Chong Wei at the final of the National Grand Prix Finals in Alor Star, Chun Seang lost tamely.
    “I will know where I stand by playing against Chong Wei,” he said.
    “Coach Rashid (Sidek) has given me another chance by naming me in the new squad (the 2012 London Olympics) and this time, I will do my best to narrow the gap with Chong Wei.”
    The other back-up shuttlers in the same half of the draw with Chun Seang are Chan Kwong Beng, Vountus Indra Mawan and Lim Fang Yang.
    The second stringers expected to give second seed Hafiz trouble in the other half of the draw are Liew Daren, Lok Yik Siang, Chong Wei Feng, Lok Chong Chieh and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.
    The non-BAM players, who could ruffle some feathers, are Zulfadli Zulkifli of Selangor and Kuala Lumpur’s Chong Li Qun.

source:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/11/10/sports/2503676&sec=sports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if hh value is 50,and back up player is 30...he will improve 1 when back up player improve 2 or 3...so...when will back up player beat him??? a pity condition in single department...anyhow...hope cwf/tcs/arif will rise from now on..:(

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  15. george@chongwei

16. kimir

kimir Regular Member

does any one know which junior players have the potential to become the future lcw and kkk/tbh?

17. jesminekia

jesminekia Regular Member

can anyone confirm to me that is really FOC???
    thanks

18. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    wong mew choo has not withdrawn form this tournament... she will play against tiffany chase currier tonight..

19. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    upset:

Goh Wei shem/Ong Jian Guo beat Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari/Zakry Abdul LAtif 21-15,21-19
    Mak Hee Chun/Teo Kok Siang beat Chan Chong Ming/Chew Choon Eng 21-13,19-21,21-19
    Ong Jian Guo/Goh Liu Ying beat Sabrina Chong/Razif Abdul Latif 22-20,21-13

20. george@chongwei

who said that WMC withdrew from this tournament btw?:confused: