Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Try supergrap on the G4 with the original grip removed. That should bring it down to G5. I did it with G3, and it ended up as good as the regular G4, but with super feel.

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Is it easy to re-install the original grip once I remove it? Or do I need to buy a replacement grip (just in case the original grip gets destroyed)?

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think you've just answered your own question! :D

4. CanucksDynasty

I guess I did. :D
    Another thing for me to buy from RKEP.
    I think it's called the powermaster grip.

5. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

How you are enjoying you SBH102LTD? How is the cushioning? Does it has any lateral support? Do you think it is good for heavy people?

6. CanucksDynasty

Using my new digital scale, my VT80 wet weight is 95.6 grams. That's with Yonex Supergrap and BG80 @ 27 lbs.

7. CanucksDynasty

Enjoying the color. Already had the MX version 4 months prior. It fits my feet like a glove. Feels like enough cushioning and support (to me). Almost rolled my ankle last week. I have nothing to compare with. Definitely better than my old Forza shoes. I'm 155lbs so I'm not sure it's good for heavy people. Try a pair and do jumps. You'll find out pretty quick if it has enough cushioning.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Supergrap is 5.6g, while string is around 3.2g, so that would make the dry wt 86.8g. :)

9. CanucksDynasty

I have little overlap with the Supergrap...so dry weight is probably 87g. I'll measure the dry weight next time my strings break.

10. lostLore

lostLore Regular Member

Finally got to used my vt80 tonight for the first time. Im just a normal recreational player but I found it really nice to use! Clears smashes and drives were all more effortless and net play was great too...only my backhand really suffered. Timing was way off. Still I am loving it already...

11. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    What are you talking about, they have 3UG5 in Canada. I'm sure TADs just didn't order any no? Try yumo.ca I'm sure Melissa can order it for you if it's not in stock.

12. CanucksDynasty

. Really? Thanks for the tip. I guess I got some bad info.

13. CarlBkk

CarlBkk Regular Member

fashion wholesale
    I can get a VT80 for you G5 3U, but not sure the airmail will make it cost efficient.

14. masterblaster99

masterblaster99 Regular Member

My VT80 Experience

So I have been sitting here reading the reviews on the VT80 for afew months now. Waiting, trying to decide to "cheat" on my AS10, reading reviews for reputable names such a Paul Stewart, who, among others, has called this racquet the "holy grail" of badminton racquets.

Finally decided to turn to the Dark side and got my first VT80 about two weeks ago.....gotta say that I love this racquet:D:D. I have 2 AS10's, my weapon of choice for about 2 years now. I bought an AT900 Power last year but sold it off fairly quickly. Loved the power strokes such as smash and baseline drive, but found it noticeably lacking in defence, coming off of my more even balanced racquets. This Voltric series is defintely the answer to that setback. Used it for 3 evenings now. Strung with BG 66UM @ 26 lbs. First night was a little rocky as my timing was a little off and I hit a pile of frame shots. Once I got that straightened out it was an enjoyable experience. Nice swing weight and once my timing was on, I found my smashes were getting a real nice snap to them. I didn't notice any real timing issues with my backhands though, as I have read from others in this thread. Backhand smashes were impressive to me. The real test on this guy for me though was in the defencability. After a handful of matches, I found that it performed extremely well for a head-heavy racquet. :cool:

I won't bore everyone with the common review jargon, but for anyone on the fence about buying one, I gotta say its worth the plunge. I dont think that I will ever replace my AS10 as my "go to", but the VT80 is gonna have a permenant place in my bag for sure. I mainly play doubles, but will use it there often and will likely use it for any singles encounters.

15. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

AS10, AeroSensa 10 the shuttlecock model?

Or are you erroneously referring to Arcsaber 10?

[​IMG]

#1835 Blitzzards, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  16. masterblaster99

masterblaster99 Regular Member

Yes I mean ARC10. Can't very well use a feather birdie as a racquet now can we:eek::eek:

17. CanucksDynasty

Just contacted (email) yumo.ca. Yonex VT80 3UG5 (CD coded) not available locally now. Looks like I'll have to go online after all if I want G5. Or maybe yumo can order it for me (but I'd probably pay a bit more too).

They also told me Arcsaber9FL is not available locally and in Asia as well. I guess Yonex discontinued production? Hmm...might have to settle for Arc9FL 3UG4 for my wife or just wait until something else is geared for females. Maybe a pinkish NanoRay?

#1837 CanucksDynasty, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    has CD ever imported G5 rackets? back in a few years CD has always been stubborn to stick to G3 only.

G5 was and is still quite popular in Asia. i know Mr. Keen has all 4 combinations of 3U/4U and G4/G5 of the VT80 Limited in stock.

19. CanucksDynasty

I can only state what I observed since April 2011. At Tad's, Abbies, Rackets and Runners, and just recently Yumo Pro Shop (all local shops in Vancouver) and online (ie. Maxsports, MJStrings, etc). I've never seen a Yonex VT80 3UG5 available for purchase locally in Canada. But there are some indications that some did exist (as noted by Optiblue).

Who is Mr. Keen?

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Mr. Keen is a well known and very large distributor of Yonex products in Hong Kong.