Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Regular Member

trader
    Today, I'll check for the price at some of major stores in my city. Thx for reply

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Regular Member

trader
    This perception really confused us as buyer isn't it?
    In the internet, the difference only about 500.000 idr ($55) between JP and SP version. Some say that SP version are abbreviation for "South Pacific" which means The SP racket for sale in south pacific area but others opinion SP version worse than JP version, extreme opinion even say that it shaft can broke when we smash too hard

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Regular Member

trader
    In my country, there are also some value brand such as victor like hart (rudy hartono) and astec (susi susanti and alan budikusuma), but my choice was always yonex :p maybe it bcoz yonex technology and quality perception has been poisoned my mind

4. whenry

whenry Regular Member

Asia Sport near Pasar Atom, Golden Sport @ Jalan Kedungsari, Guntur Sport - cross KFC mulyosari

I have sworn not to buy anymore Yonex stuff, because of the cracking cones. Two of my yonex high end (Armortec 500 and Armortec Limited) have cones that cracked and making sounds everytime I hit the birdie, however performance wise is the same.
    But.....this VT80....hmm such a beauty. Am I right Naim. LOL. I just bought it. And It got TW coded in its serial number. I bought it at Surabaya.
    Haven't had a chance to play with it though. Hopefully tonight.

For the time being, I believe Victor is the best, in terms of performance. I had 3 BS 10, broke the latest one I bought (such an irony), 2 left. Never before in my history I had more than one type of racket at the same time. And now still waiting impatiently for the Victor MX80.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Regular Member

trader
    Yes, I'm going to ask the racket in asia sport. Yesterday I have been gone to royal sport and store beside it, and they both doesn't have vt-80

Are you for sure?? Cracking cones? What a nightmare..

6. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    dude, where r u from? mind to trade ur 4UG5 with my 3UG5?strung with BG66UM @25lbs.:D

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I must say I'm curious about the VT80. Didn't manage to play a game with one last night, but I did have a swing and a fondle and was surprised it didn't feel like a plank like I was expecting. Surprised how not-so-stiff the thing was, to be honest, which is good.

Doesn't seem like a particularly fast racket as the guys that were playing with them last night weren't having the best short games I've ever seen, but at least it did make a nice sound when they unleashed the smash....

....which I then returned with ease with my lightning quick Bravesword 12!

:D

8. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I had the same problem with my Armotec 800 Offensive
    when I shake it ... it makes this sound from it's handle / cone
    I think it's loosen a bit
    but that was after more than 5 years usage
    I think that's quite normal

9. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    What I can surmise from many of these threads is that in general, Victor have a very good customer satisfaction track record. We have people highly commending the BS10, BS12 and MX80. Whatever Victor are doing, they seem to be doing right. I'm tempted to try the BS12 now, but I got a lot more power out of the MX80 compared to the BS10, and am afraid it will be the same with the BS12. But you never know...

10. whenry

whenry Regular Member

Yup, pretty sure. My Armortec 500 cone got loose also, and I glued it back my self. LOL. The performance still the same though.
    There is one guy at this thread has some problem already with VT80. You can check it.

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I actually care less and less about power. Honestly, smashes just have to be disruptive enough to put the opposition on the back foot so you or your partner can get an easy kill. At my level anyway, 90% of smashes just come straight back anyway, so I'd rather utilise their disruptive qualities and concentrate on good placement, and the best way to do that is with a fast racket.

Anyway, I get more satisfaction from winning a tight tussle at the net. It's the guy at the front that wins the point the majority of the time, and power is worth nothing there.

Just my 2c :)

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I agree with that. Especially in the MD, its not the hard hitter who win points, but it is the front man who set up the play and opportunities for the hard hitter to make a kill. At Thomas cup match between HS/MK and FHF/CY, i actually counted now many FHF and MK scored. The result was incrediblly low, at one set that HS/MK won MK scored only 3 points. Also the same with FHF, he actually scored less than 10 (7 if i remember correctly). This is not to mention the amount of errors a hard hitter ussually makes.

Therefore i conclude, unless you are a hard hitter or single player. Forget about head heavy racket, they will not add anything to your game in fact it slows you down unnecesarily

13. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Totally depends on your play style. But I still find around 35% of point wins in my doubles games are from smashes (25% from good placement, 15% drives, 15% net play, the rest drop shots). If you can smash hard enough, and with a good enough angle (forcing the opponent to stretch or run for it) often it doesn't matter how fast they are because the force at which the shuttle hits their racket ends up sending the shuttle in to oblivion (i.e out of court bounds).

For me, lately I'm caring more about power as it's usually a quicker means to end a game or win a point. Whereas placement or net play requires a lot more patience. Rallies can be very long and drawn out before either side concedes, generally from a mistake.

But like all things, it's just a matter of opinion. Different strokes for different folks. I am afraid that when I get my VT80, I'll find it's sacrificed too much speed and control in place of power.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

To me, I dont mind having a powerful racket. But if in order to do that I must sacrifice speed, no no. The solution, increase the stiffness (while maintaining the head lightbness) and huuuulaa you can have the best of both world, power and speed.

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah but what part of the 35% is from half court where you'd win the point smashing with any racket, and how many are big hits from the back?

I reckon it's less than 35. Say on average you spend half your time attacking (front/back) and the other half defending. Then you're already only spending 25% of your court time at the back of the court in a potentially smash-winning position. Then of that 25% when you are at the back, how many winners are you making through back court smashes, as opposed to fakey-drops, flat drives, or soft mid-court pushes?

Combine that with the fact that we've already ascertained that racket head speed plays an exponential part in the kinetic energy you can impart on the shuttle, and it all starts to smell like doo-doo, doesn't it?

:)

Anyway, we're derailling this thread *cough* yes, VT80, splendid racket, go buy one *cough*

16. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    pewhh...so much technical & mathematical involve here, i hv to write down and do my maths in order to understand it :p but, in total, i must say that who wins the game, he must be completely balance in his power/control/defense departments...total quality from inside to outside. :)

17. Quelray

Quelray Regular Member

Highschool
    I gave the VT 80 a whirl tonight, and I have the AT250, NS 100, and Wilson Jet to compare it to. Power wise it's about the same or more powerful than the AT 250, and yet it's speed and defense were much closer to the Jet and NS 100. Net shots and crosscourts were tighter than with the AT, and it seemed to take next to no effort to clear and smash, forehand or backhand. The power I was expecting as the VT 80 is a head-heavy, but the defense and speed I certainly wasn't.

If the rest of the VT series are like this, then I'm sure they're going to be a great replacement for the AT series. :D

18. Quelray

Quelray Regular Member

Highschool
    Oh, and the specifics are 3UG4 AT250, NS100, and VT80. BG 66-Ultimax 22lbs for the AT, and 24lbs for the VT. Nano and Jet are factory standard, strings and tension.

19. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

u mean power is nothing..i think u must be a very good player..

20. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

never play mix double ....