Tang Xianhu - The Thing (Is He The Greatest Ever?)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that every time the great Grand Master Tang Xianhu's name is mentioned, we should at the same time call to mind his contemporary and compatriot, Hou Jiachang, whom I consider nearly as great. The former produced a Lin Dan whilst the the latter, a Zhao Jianhua - the two respective disciples being, imho, the number 1 and 2 Greatest of All Time.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Tang Xian Hu is like a legend , how i wish i could train under him .. I will be no regret under him !

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  5. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

One must remember most of Tang's techniques were honed in the Pelatnas back in the late 50s and he was still being train by an Indonesian coach Wang Wengjiao. I must say his contribution is his finger movements instead of arm movements. If y all can see all the classics of Rudy, Liem and Sumirat's writs play you would see a lot of resemblance in the techniques. By the way, the catch the shuttle at the tape not below the tape was one of the hallmarks of Msian double players of the 50s and devastatingly applied by the Indonesian and Chinese in Singles.

6. viver

viver Regular Member

In my opinion, the fingers control (and not only) was a great technical improvement and on top of that the systematization of the training processes in badminton initiated then by Wang Wenjiao in China. Tang and Hou's forms are quite similar, but I see differences when comparing to Rudy or Liem. As for current Indonesian players, I can't distinguish them from the Chinese players, Malaysian or European players.

Tang Xinfu and Hao Jiachang came immediately after Wang and improved the processes. I am not so sure if badminton would be as it is today if Wang stayed in Indonesia.

Just my thoughts.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter