New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Ungh, what is it with this stupid tilt-shift trend. Set your depth of field or whatever to infinity. So effin' annoying!

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That is the ONLY difference. It affects the play, however - the racket will be quicker and less powerful for most.

3. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I saw the Meteor 80 fir the first time yesterday on a tournament. There was no pricetag on it so I can only guess at the price for us Belgians. Sadly I'm already equipped with a Zslash and arc 009DX so I left it there.

Maybe if the reseller is there on my next tournament, I might be able to take it out for a spin :).

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Meteor - FYI the MX70 is a lovely racket and it will be available in the UK soon.

5. meteor

meteor Regular Member

That great to know because I just broke my bs10 in a clash last week and I was thinking to get another mx80 as a backup. But I'll wait for the mx70... Centralsports said they get some "new stock" in April :)

6. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Is a MX80 really THAT hard to use if you do not have an extremely powerful arm/wrist because it's so stiff compared to like a 3U BS11?

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The simple answer is : NO

Personally it's all about timing. If you're tense in your stroke, you won't able to tame the MX80. Once you tighten up, like any racket, the MX 80 won't yield you the efficiency to get the most out of it. You shouldn't compare the MX80 to the BS11 because it's a different kind of animal.

8. ioxyg3n520

Which would you say is more easier to use though, the BS11 or MX80 as I am coming from a 4U VT80. I wanted the 4U VT80 for my singles racket sometimes and a overall lighter but still strong racket for doubles, etc.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

@ ioxg3n520

I've never used the BS11 because I never thought it suited me so I can't comment on it. However as far as the MX80 is concerned I'll say it's easy for me to use both in Singles and Doubles.

Let me clarify: I have two 3U MX80s, one at the low end and the other at the high end of the weight scale. Depending on how I feel on the day I can use either to suit my need. Speed is not a concern; the MX80 can handle it in spades, both in singles and doubles. I've never worried about power because power is generated by technique. Sure, the racket helps but not as much as much as you think (I used to use a 9000X–head light super stiff!). Please don't get hung too up on the what the racket can do for you because in the end it's you're own ability that determines if it's is right for you.

Bottom line for me. VT80 is OK for singles. MX 80 is OK for BOTH singles and doubles

Please feel free to question me :)

10. ioxyg3n520

Haha thanks :)You said you have two 3U mx80 and one is heavier than the other. Aren't they the same weight since its the same model? Oh yea btw. If I'm using a 4u vt80 ATM and want a lighter less head heavy racket, should I get the 3u or 4u mx80? XD

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

3U is a range, not a definitive weight (sorry, you'll have to look it up; it's about 4 g difference)

As far as I'm concerned the head heaviness in the 3U MX 80 does not hinder its speed performance. I find the MX80 to be an incredibly versatile racket. I lent this racket to a female player to use who found it LIGHT!!! It boils down to personal preference. If you can get a friend to lend you one, that would at least satisfy your peace of mind. Best thing is to try it out for yourself :)

12. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    this is the best racket that I have in my life. really drains my energy, but really satisfy me. =)

13. ioxyg3n520

Hi. So I have decided to buy a MX80. But one thing is, I like how people say that the 3U MX80 only has a BP of about 290-294 which is perfect for me. However, I wanted a lighter racket so I was deciding to get a 4U MX80, but would a 4U increase the BP to like 297-305 or something? I really hope not, because I find my 4U VT80 very demanding. (my 4U VT80 with strings/supergrap weighs 91-92grams.)

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yes, both the 4u mx80's I had, had a BP of nearly 300. The 4u vt80s however have bps over 310, so while the mx80 might be demanding in some ways, it's different from the vt80.

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    MX80 is a faster racket than VT80

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    MX80, be it 3U or 4U are not as demanding as VT80...

17. ioxyg3n520

so does this mean the 4U mx80 will really raise bp by a lot compared to 3U? o_O

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Just get a 4U.

:)

19. ioxyg3n520

But I don't want another racket that is 30xbp which will be close enough to my VT80 ;D. But I guess if that's my only choice I'll have to ;x

20. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    My MX80 strung 66UM original grip + extra thick grip and my bp 260cm.Lost the head heavy. Did not realise that with extra grip could lost that much on the head heavy.