Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No, my grommets hold up well. Then again, I only string at 26lbs.

2. kowang

kowang Regular Member

still student
    same happened to me, the qualitiy of the grommets are quite poor
    may change all grommets :D?~quite expensive

strung around 24lbs

3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I noticed it aswell the grommets break too fast^^N90 strung @27-30lbs(depends on string).

4. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    hi all,,, please help me,,,
    i play badminton 3 times a week,,, can some one recommended me which Li Ning racket suitable for a smasher??

usually i used yonex arc saber 10,,, and i'm kinda like it,, but i broke it and want to change it with Li Ning Racket,,,,

so which Li Ning racket is as same as arcsaber10? or is there any Li Ning racket type that better for the smasher???

for info,, i use yonex bg65 or bg65ti string,,,,, any li Ning string compared to this??

thanks...

5. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

N55/N55II has been said to be like an arc10. N90 for smashing.

6. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    oh,,, thanks Xero888 ,,,, how about the string??? u know it?

7. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

The very exact problem happen to me as well. Bought N-50 about 3 weeks ago, strung with BG66 @26x25Lbs, then snapped the string last week and i noticed 2 grommets were already split in half, while few of the grommets looked just about to split if i were to restrung it again. this happen especially to grommets around 11 & 01 O'clock position.

Question: would i be able to change to new grommets of any type of racket?

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Strange. I can't help but wonder about the quality of the string job, at the same time knowing that can't be the reason for that many split grommets :/
    To answer your question, no, not any grommet will fit. I have three different types of grommets ready (from mybadmintonstore.com) with different diameters so I can always put in the biggest possible grommet. My advice would be not to replace the shared hole grommets unless they're completely gone - the new ones are gonna snap every time you change the string as they're (normally) not made for two strings and the resulting stress.

BTW: Using thicker strings will increase string and grommet durability very noticeably - especially the BG66 can be replaced easily with sth. thicker and equally powerful (BG80 being much better at retaining tension while providing the same touch and better power in my experience). ZM62/AP62 are always a big risk as they can split any grommet, regardless of quality, because they're just so darn thin.

#628 j4ckie, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This explains that when I was finished with ZM62 and it broke, once I had cut it out, I inspected and I had 15 split grommets !:eek:

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Whoa! 15?? Thats hardcore...I usually only see that kinda thing when I have to restring someones 7-year-old racket....in which case it's nearly impossible to get the grommets out because they've hardened too much and feel about as flexible as a titanium pole...anyway, at which tension was it strung?? Personally, I wouldn't dare go over 28lbs because I want my strings to last more than one session :D

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I was amazed as well !:) it was Only 24lbs (usually I use between 26-28lbs) but reduced to 24lbs due to the thin string. I don't know what grommets were used to replace them though. It was quite a few of the grommets between the 5 and 8 o clock on the racket face. The others wee reasonable, although some looked worse for wear.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Incredible. I had only 2 split grommets so far, both on a N50II strung with AP62 (first 25, then 27lbs)...

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well they probably just accumulated wear as this was the 4th restring (I think) without being replaced, so they probably all went at once. Next time the string breaks, I will inspect and post a picture.:)

14. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I just restrung my N50 with BG68 Ti, and there was a new split grommet again! what a disappointment from Lining despite its hi-end racket being sold quite expensive!

15. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

N55II feels far better than Arc 10 :D

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Look at it like this - with Li Ning rackets, it's about 1-3 split grommets per re-stringing, costing about 0,5-1 cent each, resulting in a maximum of 1,50$ per year if you break your strings often. With Yonex, it's a broken racket at least once a year, resulting in 200-300$ per year (if you string at 27lbs+).
    My N70 survived a clash with fire escape stairs with just a paint chip, while my friend's Z-Slash (NBG95@21lbs) broke on a (cleanly hit!) clear. I prefer racket durability over grommet durability :D
    So, just get 2 packs of grommets with different diameters of grommets from mybadmintonstore - they're really cheap, but hold up well.

17. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

An overall improvement or just in feel cause I'm looking for something better than an Arc 10.

18. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I was afraid the grommets were special and it was not just the color of the grommets. In case you doubt my stringer, I have NEVER seen broken grommets on my Yonex rackets. Some are split, but not so bad as on the Li Ning with only the first string. And since the Li Ning rackets are very rare in Europe, getting the grommets is even harder. I use NBG95 at 26 LBS BTW. It's not a very thin string. As for the racket, the N90 II is really my favorite offensieve racket. I still have no doubt about the racket itself. I'm only very disappointed in the quality, availability and uniquenes of the grommets.

19. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

I used to have an Arc 10 briefly n sold it off coz i dun play well with it , I some how enjoy playing with the N55II more than the Arc 10 , but it's all personal. :D

20. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Ah i see, unfortunately i would have to buy one then decide which of the two to sell since no one I know has the N55II or any li-ning rackets