LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    BUT WHY!! I like the matte look and feel!!!

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

@Licin

Thanks dude. FYI I apply 26 Lbs for my CAB30/CAB35, and 27 Lbs for my VT70.

Probably I shall apply 26 (or perhaps 26.5) Lbs too for my VTZF. :D

I shall chat with you concerning my plan for ordering VTZF bro.

3. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

Availability

Hi Paul, is this available to buy at the All England?

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am looking forward to hear from you soon :D

5. oceans

oceans New Member

self employed
    £210 @ all england, but you get free bag worth £40 :)

6. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Vtzf

More head heavy and stiffer than vt80? Hmmm I dun think it is going to be The racket for lesser skilled players like most of here. Sounds that it not going to be kind to our arms

7. hoanganh1987vn

hoanganh1987vn Regular Member

you can upload pictures to picasaweb by google, and your bandwidth is never limited :)

8. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Well, i fixed that by going Pro.

9. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I don't considered myself very skilled but I'm physically strong :p So I had no issues playing the the VT-ZF... Minus the strings got loose on me already!!!

10. fly swatter

fly swatter Regular Member

I finally had some time with with VT-ZF. Tested alongside N90II and VT80.

The VTZF can really push the shuttle much faster - attacking clears are quite potent!!
    Compared with the N90II the VTZF does not feel it loses any power while manueverability almost as good as the VT80. I'm going to play around with the balance point by adding a bit more weight to the handle to see if that improves overall feel of the racket (your mileage will vary here).

Stick smashes are extra deadly - who needs full wind up anymore?? Just jump and reach as high as possible and wrist snap :)

On the other hand... the new shaft seems to have more flex & delay and I think the timing of the takes some time to get used to. Will have to adjust to this and hopefully tweaking the balance point will help as well.

Placement, net play, fine control and blocking shots is much much improved from the z-slash. It did not take too long or too much effort to get it to an acceptable level unlike the z-slash (damn hard to get good at accurate defensive returns).

For people who don't like head heavy & stiff rackets or just don't like the VT80 - you ARE going to hate this. For most people (including me) I would go easy when first trying this racket as this racket can be swung very fast together with the head heaviness can easily pull some tendons on your wrist... go slow.

On the other hand, for people who loved AT700 - sorry people just get over it. The AT700 is history this racket feels nothing like the AT700. This thing hits just as solidly as an AT700 but is much much faster.

Will report again after session #2 (after tweaking the b/p and more practice time)

11. fly swatter

fly swatter Regular Member

Finally got some practice time with the VTZF. This is definitely more head heavy and stiffer than the VT80. You will notice that offensive clears can be much faster. Smashing on the other hand take more time to get used to - feel that I can get much more out of it especially when I see my clears speed up so much. Suspect this has something to do with the thinner shaft (shaft flex lag) and/or different b/p. Backhand may suffer a little bit but it might be the b/p again.

Brought along an N90II as well and don't feel the VTZF losses anything in terms of power but it's a much faster racket to boot.

Stick smashing is very good - heck no need for full windup in many cases. Just jump reach high and snap that wrist!! :) Just be warmed up - I'm used to the VT80 stick smashing but this one you need to go slow at first....

In terms of net play, fine control and accuracy of defensive returns - very good. Didn't take much time to get used to it. Definitely not like the z-slash which was a disaster particularly in this area.

For players who hate stiff/head heavy rackets (i.e. VT80) - forget it - you will hate the VTZF even more.

For players who love the AT700 and are looking for a replacement - forget it as well. The VTZF is a completely different animal. The AT700 was good but modern rackets changes the game... speed, power, quick recovery and sudden attacks - AT700 just can't give you that. Time to move on people!!

Going to tweak my balance point a little and see if I can get this racket into the "zone". Will report back after my 2nd session (and hopefully a little more playing time).

#871 fly swatter, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  12. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant

ppl are saying its easy n friendly to use but seems its opposite from your feel in feedback
    try a few more time n come back to us pal
    dont come back if u not feel ok to use them
    good luck my bro

13. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

i have used vt z force for more than 4 nites......definitely...one of my preferred racket now..

or maybe i am using a 4U.... thats y its easily to use..

14. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Today at the Yonex All England, I got to have a few swings and looks at the racket, the rackets good but the shaft is shorter compared to the Z-Slash and the frame is slightly bigger than the Z-Slash. I tried to flex the shaft and the shaft felt stiff then extra stiff like the Nanospeed 9900 and Arcsaber 8DX

15. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    So for the final draw - is it N90 or the VT-ZF? oh, and WHAT IS THE VT-ZF LTD LOOKING LIKE?! :O

16. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    hmm.. I think vtzf so heavy.. That crushing lcw's shoulder.. Chong wei not defeated by lindan but by vtzf. Lol

17. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    tested today with 3U
    damn stiffer and heavier than vt80 but not much.
    its definetly has much improved in term of speed ( designed to beat speedy player like LD)
    ppl who cant handle vt80 plz stay out from vt ZF unless u buy for collection due to ego or for its paint.

ppl who use to play with heavy head racket than ur dream has come true.
    its a near prefect heavy head racket from yonex.

18. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    RKEP has the Voltric Z Force (3U or 4U in G5) listed on ebay today. Going for CDN $192 + shipping.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Limited not much difference in performance. Only a little stiffer IMO.

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup, player like lcw get well physical trained but still got shoulder pain when using hh and stif racket. thats is the biggest yy problem that they should overcome.