Kenichi Tago ( 田児賢一 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by jhirata, Dec 5, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i like the way he beat simon,looks like he is the secret weapon for japan to reach semi
    too bad japan lost
    but this kind of style doesnt fit in individual tournament because his stamina cant support his game

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Kenichi Tago made a big, big rise (up 7 ranking places); from 25th to 18th

At the ranking list released today (from the 2011 Week 22 World Ranking Lists), Kenichi Tago made a big, big rise (up 7 places); from 25th to 18th.

Well done Kenichi Tago !!! :):):)

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kenichi's chances at the WC 2011

I like Kenichi's chances of making it to the finals of the WC 2011 !! :D

The first 2 rounds are straightforward enough. In round 3, going by Chen Jin's recent reord, Tago should be able to get by him, if he just keeps his head on his shoulders and his focus on the bird.

That means he will meet Taufik in the quarter-finals. Taufik has been showing signs of slowing down, and possibly runing out of gas for rubber games. Tago has a very good chance of beating Taufik if he can extend him to 3 games. (I am torn apart by this, because I so greatly admire Taufik, and always pray for the miracle!)

So, will Kenichi then meet LCW in the semis? If that happens, its over for Kenichi! :crying:

But wait! This is the World Championships we're talking about! The event that has always jinxed LCW, remember? :p He has to get past Dino, then PSH (who will be looking out for revenge) and then, either Chen Long or Marc Zwiebler (Marc has played sublime badminton over the past 4-5 months; anything can happen now!) if he has to get to the semis.

So its possible that Kenichi may meet up with Marc Zwiebler, or PSH, or his buddy Chen Long in the semis!

I wold love it to the Chen Long! Kenichi has a great chance of beating him if he brings his best game to the table. And then, it's on to the finals!

If Kenichi makes it to the finals, I am pretty sure about what's going to happen there!:D

#223 cobalt, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i would say quater or semi will be his limit
    all the best to my fave ms

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Japan's head coach does some plain speaking

Badminton: Coach wary of underdogs
    New Straits Times
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 12.23 PM

Full story: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/pibjopdibj/Article/

Excerpts:

...the 22-year-old has gone off the boil since and instead of building on his fantastic performance, Tago has become a bit part player since.

His poor run continued in the ongoing World Championships at the Wembley Arena when he was sent packing by India's Ajay Jayaram in the first round on Monday.

Japan chief coach Park Joo Bong had a ready answer for Tago's defeat.

"He couldn't cope with the adulation he received after the All England final. In fact, he became big-headed and it is costing him dearly," said the plain-speaking Park yesterday.

"We have tried to advise him but it has been to no avail. Hopefully, this latest defeat will make him forget last year's All England final and instead spur him to focus on future challenges."

Japan need Tago to be firing at his best again, especially as the sport is enjoying a resurgence with quality players in all disciplines.

"There is no doubt that Tago is the best men's singles in Japan but if he doesn't refocus, then his talent will be wasted," added Park.

That is something that Malaysia can relate to as there have been numerous players who have fallen by the wayside despite their immense talent.

Hopefully for Japan, Tago will realise his folly sooner rather than later. ​

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Japan has one problem to deal with i.e. to get Tago to focus and not go zig-zag, sideways. Japan is smart to entrust this game to Park, a proven manager/coach and look at the talents in the Japs team in such a short period of time.
    MAS has more than one problem, the talents are there and not falling on the wayside, just that the players are not given the opportunity to play because of the idiots running the organization are so stupidly incompetent, couldn't care less attitude and commited to run this game to the ground, a double whammy to overcome.
    I wonder Maybank RM5M funding windfall, is there any accountability (i.e. show me the results) and audit (i.e. tell how how you spent the $$$, not sending your buddies to London to party time, retaining lousy coaches like Rashid (what the heck is he doing other than warm the seat in London, has not produce anything worth mentioning), creating nonsense position like high performance whatever, Maybank loot is to develop talents and finding the next star players) and these fools are far from doing it.
    TC, Sudirman and forget about UC, MAS might lose to Taiwan, Thailand, Japan....so much for all these RM10'sM funding.
    LCW better wins this one and OLY12, after that bye, bye.....

7. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

Kenichi Tago just lost in the first round against Zhenming Wang from China. Saw the match live and was a pretty poor performance from such a talented youngster. No credit taken from Wang who played a really aggressive game but still think Tago could have done better than that.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    WZM is a pretty talented kid as well!! That smash-power he has is awesome!

9. KillerQT

KillerQT Regular Member

It's dejavu like in World Championship... Lost in the 1st round.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kenichi disposed of Wong Wing Ki of HK easily enough in round 1 of the French Open. He will face a more serious test in round 2 against Du Pengyu of China. Kanichi can overcome Du Pengyu if he really puts his mind to it, and does not lose focus at sensitive moments during rallies.

I hope Park Joo Bong has been able to get KT to retain focus and killer instinct. He must get into position to become a champion again. He has the potential; he just needs to convert it into substance.

11. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Agreed with Cobalt. Kenichi is talented and a good player. Maybe he could use some sound advice and counselling from OTB.....hehehe

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    “Kenichi… Kenichi.

“I know you’re there. I know you can hear me. They say you’re dead because you’re up against Lin Dan. But I know you’re not. How do I know? Because the Oracle told me, Kenichi. That I would believe in you, and that the player I believed in would be The One. So you see, Kenichi, you cannot be dead.

“Now, get up!!”

(with apologies to Trinity, Neo and the rest...)

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I knew it!!! I knew you were "The One" :D:D:D

If you believe in your self and your destiny, you will take the title tomorrow, Kenichi. Do it! Do it for Japan!!! :D:D:D

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    You Wish ;-) I think The MS final in Paris has already been played ;-)

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That was the illusion. The reality is tomorrow.

Kenichi Tago always did have immense potential, just that he needs to keep a strict control on his mind and reactive tendencies and he is capable of being just as good as anyone else in the world today. It's a shame he doesn't have the kind of resources going for him that players at the CBA have; otherwise I truly believe he could have been on top of the heap by now. All due respect of course, to Park Joo Bong and the rest. But...

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So far, he is good to have. A China slayer just like in AE. ;)

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Agree completely.. Tago has huge talent.. (read my posts from 2007 on Tago ;-)) He was on par with CL in the junior days, and with better coaches he would probably surpass CL imop.. But it is a sad thing usually for Japaneese talent.. They are usually soo good at about 15-19 and then there doesn't seem to be a plan to progress so they cannot take that final step to the absoulte top...

Another big problem for him is his insanity in racket choice.. Playing with arc-z is a recipe for loosing :cool:

18. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

I was seriously stunned by his performance against Lin dan in French Open 2011. He played so aggressive and so well compared to his other tournaments. In my opinion the Arc-Z is a great racket! He already tried VT80 couple of tournaments ago

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Arc-Z... it might be just a paint job from Yonex! don't put too much attention towards what the racquet Pro is using

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    KT doesn't have that natural jump smash ability like lcw, ld, pg and th. Difficult to be successful. He need to do more hopping. ;)