Malaysian Juniors 2008

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by erin_hakkinen, Dec 14, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ...mak/teo have great and bright future...as mak pair with wee kiong..will razif play as full time xd???:confused:...or paring with ong jian guo???:confused:...or chan peng soon???

and the full time xd player...lutfi...i am surprise tat rexy take back his word of asking lutfi become a full time xd player...:eek:...

i hope ong soon hock can bring up vountus....the guy that waiting for a major breaktru...:rolleyes:...

i hope we have news...soon...on ong jian guo(gan former patner)...khoo chung chiat(tan former patner)...chan peng soon(lim khim wah former patner)...and razif(wee kiong former patner)

i am sad tat...both mak/teo,razif/tan is splited...:crying:

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

maybe they wants to try another koo/tan pairing??:) hehe:D
    remember tan boon heong/hoon thien how??

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday December 5, 2008
    Kim Hock set to lead BJSS as BAM reshuffle set-up
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are set to reshuffle their coaching and training committee set-up with Yap Kim Hock likely to take on a more prominent role.

Kim Hock is tipped to take over from China’s Sun Chenhua as chief coach of the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) badminton programme.

After the Beijing Olympic Games in August, Kim Hock was assigned to coach only the BJSS doubles players following his decision not to continue with his job as chief coach of the national team.

But with Chenhua set to be elevated to the job of coaching the national singles back-up squad, Kim Hock is seen as the frontrunner for the BJSS chief coach job.

Chenhua will be working with chief coach Rashid Sidek, who will be handling the back-up elite squad, and the elite coaches Misbun Sidek and Teh Seu Bok.

There is also likely to be a change in status as far as Wong Tat Meng is concerned. The former national singles coach will be tasked with grooming the singles players at the BJSS.

In the doubles department, national chief coach Rexy Mainaky has virtually finalised his cast — the coaches and players — for the programme geared towards the 2012 London Olympic Games.

The coaches under his wings are Rosman Razak, Jeremy Gan, Pang Cheh Chang and Chang Kim Wai.

There will not be a special department for the women’s doubles because the only elite pair — Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui — will train with Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari under Rexy.

Jeremy will be the full-time coach for the mixed doubles department.

The changes are likely to be endorsed at the BAM’s coaching and training committee, headed by Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh this month.

The players and coaches in training at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara
    SINGLES
    Elite
    Coaches: Misbun Sidek and Teh Seu Bok.
    Players: Lee Chong Wei, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Kuan Beng Hong, Wong Mew Choo, Chan Kwong Beng, Julia Wong and Lydia Cheah.

Elite back-up
    Coach: Rashid Sidek.
    Players: Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Seang, Stephanie Shalini, Ooi Swee Wenn.
    Back-up
    Players: Vountus Indra Mawan, Lim Fang Yang, Kuan Kam Chung, Lok Chong Chieh.

DOUBLES
    Elite
    Coach: Rexy Mainaky
    Players: Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari, Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty.

Elite back-up
    Coach: Rosman Razak.
    Players: Ong Soon Hock, Hoon Thien How, Khoo Chung Chiat, Lin Woon Fui.

Back-up
    Coaches: Pang Cheh Chang and Chang Kim Wai.
    Players: Goh Wei Shen, Ong Jian Guo, Mak Hee Chun, Teo Kok Siang, Ng Paou Leng, Amelia Anscelly, Nairul Suhada Abdul Latif.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Coach: Jeremy Gan.
    Elite back-up
    Players: Tan Wee Kiong, Mohd Razif Abdul Latif, Lim Khim Wah, Ng Hui Lin, Woon Khe Wei, Goh Liu Ying.
    Back-up
    Players: Chan Peng Soon, Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid, LIm Yin Loo, Chong Sook Chin.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2008/12/5/sports/2726478.asp&sec=sports

Tan Wee Kiong, Razif Latif, Chan Peng Soon & Lim Khim Wah's names are not in the MD list, maybe cos they double up as MD players

#443 eaglehelang, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  4. eaglehelang

I think partly the reason is due to Tan Bin Shen & Gan Teck Chai quiting the team. And maybe Hoon cant stand Ong anymore, :p:p. The coaches have to do another round of experiments.

:D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...some mystery have been solved....KHOo will patner ong jian guo...

as i read...rexy said...only koo/tan,fuzzy and lin/goh wont split...others will...all...;)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    will razif pair up with his old patner???cps???

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Speaking of M'sian Juniors..

..i think it's safe to say that updating players' infos, news in BadmintonCentral is pretty much secure for the foreseeable future, esp. with our diligent limsy, suetyan & george@chongwei at the helm....:cool:

8. eaglehelang

My bro, Razif previous partner is KCC, not CPS. KCC now pulak supposed to partner Ong. So...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...u go check and see...;)...I PRETTY sure i am correct...both he pair up before...:p

thanks chris...hope we can contribute more...:D...

10. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday December 10, 2008
    Badminton: Elite back-up shuttler aims to rise up the ranks within a year
    By RAJES PAUL
    ALOR STAR: Singles shuttler Liew Daren is the weakest of the four elite back-up players under the charge of national chief coach Rashid Sidek.
    But the 21-year-old is determined to prove others wrong by moving up the ranks within a year.
    And for a start, he has vowed to beat Kuan Beng Hong today to reach his first-ever semi-finals in the National Grand Prix Finals.
    [​IMG] Fierce start: Kuala Lumpur’s Liew Daren won two tough matches in Group C at the National GP Finals in Alor Star yesterday. — Chin Cheng Yeang / The Star

At the Kedah Badminton Association (KBA) Hall yesterday, Daren won two tough matches in Group C. He slogged to beat Lim Fang Yang 16-21, 21-14, 21-15 and was stretched to the limit by Malacca’s Syed Akbar Shah before prevailing for a 21-8, 12-21, 21-14 win.

He will play against Beng Hong in his final group match and the winner will get a semi-final match against the Group A winner, who is almost certain to be the top seed and six-time national champion Lee Chong Wei.

Daren, who joined training under Rashid three years ago, admitted that he was lagging behind his elite back-up team-mates — Tan Chun Seang, Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif — in producing creditable results in international tournaments.
    The four players are being groomed to peak at the 2012 London Olympics.

“I am the fourth ranked player in the elite back-up squad. I have only competed in six international tournaments this year and my best was a semi-final appearance in the Thailand Satellite. They are not impressive results,” said the former national schools (MSSM) Under-18 champion.

“I tend to lose focus easily. I won the first match against Akbar but grew over confident after that. I took it easy and made so many mistakes. This is one of my weaknesses.

“I know that I have to work extra hard to be better than my own team-mates. I will do my best to bridge the gap within a year.”

Daren hoped that a win over Beng Hong today would spark his rise up the ranks.
    “I had beaten Beng Hong before in a GP Finals group match (in Terengganu in 2006). But Beng Hong has improved a lot and looks more confident now. It will not be easy but I will try to reach my first semi-finals in the GP Finals.”

Except for Chun Seang, the other two of Daren’s team-mates, Wei Feng and Arif, are also competing in the GP Finals. Both won their two matches in Group D yesterday and will take on each other today for a place in the last four.

Selangor’s 15-year-old Zulfadli Zulkifli dished out creditable performances yesterday, giving Wei Feng and Arif a run for their money.

The crafty youngster showed great fighting spirit to lead 17-13 in the rubber game before losing to Arif 21-15, 18-21, 18-21 and he also gave Wei Feng a tough time before bowing out 16-21, 17-21.

Mohd Hafiz Hashim, despite the lack of preparation because he had to spend more time taking care of his baby daughter, who was born pre-mature, gave a good account of himself by winning his two matches in Group B. He will take on Chan Kwong Beng today for a place in the semi-finals.

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/...ile=/2008/12/10/sports/2765195.asp&sec=sports

L Daren did just that by beating KBH 21-19, 21-8, to advance to Semis of GP Finals.

11. eaglehelang

NST

Zulfadli desperate to don national colours

2008/12/10
    THERE is, as the BA of Malaysia seeks future world beaters, a talent waiting on the sidelines. The challenge now for BAM is figuring out how to make best use of 15-year-old Zulfadli Zulkifli's immense potential.

BAM tried a couple of years ago when the shuttler was offered a place in the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) but his father Zulkifli Sidek turned it down as he wanted Zulfadli to focus on both his studies and the sport.

Zulfadli remains keen on donning national colours but a further twist to the tale is the fact that he has joined KLRC Bhd, with whom BAM has, at best, an uneasy relationship.

That has already cost Zulfadli the chance to represent Malaysia in the Asian and World Championships this year as BAM gave preference to players under its care.

The problem is Zulfadli is the national Under-16 champion and is slowly building a formidable reputation.

"My ambition is to play for Malaysia and I want to make it to the national squad when I reach 17. I'm also hoping to play in the Asian and world junior championships next year," said the 1.81m-tall Zulfadli on the sidelines of the National Grand Prix Finals in Alor Star yesterday.

"I will also be competing in Super Series tournaments for experience although I can only play in the qualifying rounds."

The player had proved a point as he qualified for the national junior circuit after beating back-up player Lok Chong Chieh in the Johor Open last month.

In Alor Star, he almost downed Arif Latif, seen by many as a top singles player in the making, after leading 13-8 and 17-13 in the third game before losing 15-21, 21-18, 21-18 in the group stage.

Zulkifli, who coaches his son, is hopeful he will get a second chance from BAM and considering the lack of talent coming through, is there any choice? -- K.M. BOOPATHY

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Wednesday/Sport/2424333/Article/pppull_index_html

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Currently, Zulfadli is the MAS National Under-16 Champion

Now that DL is beating KBH... I would say that DL will be a promising player. :):):)

Currently, Zulfadli is the National Under-16 Champion. Perhaps, at the 2012 Olympics, it could be just the right time for his best performance.

:):):)

#452 chris-ccc, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I had watched Malacca’s Syed Akbar Shah play before and was quite impressed. Does anyone know why he has not been selected for the national squad? There is so much talent in Malaysia :)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    talent is talent...if bam not manage well...also no use...;)

15. eaglehelang

Well, Syed akbar did well enuf to enter the GP finals. As I recall, he played under Division 2 in Penang & Johor, so I'm under the impression he's still a junior, i.e. BJSS perhaps??

Syed was runner-up in MS Division 2, both Johor & Penang Open, lost to Iskandar Z. in Penang & Kuan Kam Chong in Johor finals.
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/player.aspx?id=25323&player=484
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/player.aspx?id=23690&player=44

Iskandar, KLRC's ZUlfaldi have since 'graduated' to Division 1.;)

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    There is nothing to worry about, Rosman tells doubles shuttlers

ALOR STAR: There are feelings of uneasiness and fear among the elite men’s back-up squad doubles shuttlers following a recent switch and swap exercise.
    But the squad’s coach, Rosman Razak, gave assurances that there was nothing to worry about and defended the move as a big step forward to finding the best pairs to groom for the 2012 London Olympics.
    National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky has given the mandate to Rosman to groom the second stringers and he now has six pairs under his charge.
    They are Hoon Thien How-Lim Khim Wah, Tan Wee Kiong-Mak Hee Chun, Mohd Razif Abdul Latif-Chan Peng Soon, Khoo Chung Chiat-Ong Jian Guo, Lin Woon Fui-Goh Wei Shem and Ong Soon Hock-Vountus Indra Mawan. All of them will feature in the Malaysian Open, which will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from Jan 6-11.
    The move will see an end of the partnership of the world junior champions Hee Chun-Kok Siang. Upcoming juniors Wei Shem and Jian Guo will also have new partners after being together for three years.
    Seasoned campaigners Woon Fui and Soon Hock have been given younger partners and it will be their last chance to salvage their badminton careers.
    Rexy takes charge of the elite men’s pairs of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and the top women’s combination of Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty. The other coach, Chin Tze Seong, will be in charge of Kok Siang-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid.
    Chang Kim Wai and Pang Cheh Chang will coach the other women’s doubles players while Jeremy Gan’s focus is on the mixed doubles.
    Rosman said that there were good reasons for making changes to the combinations.
    “Two players (Tan Bin Shen and Gan Teik Chai) left the national team and we had to make immediate changes,” said Rosman, who is at the National Grand Prix Finals here to oversee the performances of his charges.
    “We looked into the players individual ability and gave them new partners in the believe that they will form stronger combinations. It’s now up to them to take their partnerships to a higher level.
    “There is nothing to worry about. We have the luxury to still make changes over the next two years and the best pairs will be targeted to qualify for the London Olympics.
    “Some of the original pairs would be back together and some may do even better with new partners. But its good to note that the players showed concern over the changes. It shows that they are really serious in achieving success in badminton.”
    Rosman said that he was relishing in his new role as coach of the elite back-up squad.
    “Under the new structure, all the coaches have different players under their charges but they all train together and Rexy is the person in charge,” he said.
    “Over the last seven years, I have coached different sets of players under different chief coaches. It has been a great learning experience for me. The job is challenging and I am loving every moment of it.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/11/sports/2774561&sec=sports

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Stephanie aiming to become number one

[​IMG]
    ALOR STAR: A southpaw female singles player making it big in Ma­laysian badminton is a rare breed. But youngster Stephanie Shalini Su­kumaran (pic) is bent on becoming one.
    The 20-year-old Kuala Lumpur lass is the only southpaw in the women’s singles competition of the National Grand Prix Finals here and she confirmed a place in the semi-finals yesterday.
    The diminutive Stephanie will take on lanky Lydia Cheah, a player she has never beaten before, for a place in the final.
    Stephanie is glad that she has been included in the programme for the 2012 London Olympics. She is now one of the two elite back-up squad women’s singles players training under national chief coach Rashid Sidek. The other is Kedah’s Ooi Swee Wern.
    Stephanie does not mind being the odd one in holding the racquet but she said there were advantages being a southpaw.
    “The right-handed opponent may take some time adjusting to the strokes of left-handed players. And usually, southpaws are naturally gifted at the net. I love playing at the net,” she said.
    Two men have been influential in her badminton career — the father, Sukumaran, and former national star Wong Choong Hann.
    “My dad is the number one badminton fan. We used to play daily at home when I was younger,” said Stephanie, who won the 100Plus National Junior Grand Prix Under-18 title in 2005.
    “He also took me to training sessions and competitions. Eventually, I got a place in the state programme and the BJSS (Bukit Jalil Sports School). It was a proud moment for us when I was named in the programme for the 2012 Olympics.
    “Choong Hann is the best left-handed player whom I know. He is certainly my role model.”
    For now, Stephanie will be out to make Kedah her favourite hunting ground. Her best achievement was a win over former international Anita Kaur Raj in the previous GP Finals, which was also held in Alor Star.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/11/sports/2772276&sec=sports

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Back-up squad’s Daren and Kwong Beng qualify for semis

By RAJES PAUL

ALOR STAR: National back-up squad’s men’s singles shuttlers Liew Daren and Chan Kwong Beng stole the show by scoring upset wins to reach the semi-finals of the National Grand Prix Finals for the first time at the Kedah Badminton Association (KBA) Hall here yesterday.
    The duo pulled it off by taking advantage of their opponent’s poor condition.
    Daren scored his second win over Kuan Beng Hong, who retired after trailing 19-21, 8-13 because of a thigh injury, to emerge as the Group C champion.
    The 21-year-old Daren will take on world number one and top seed Lee Chong Wei today for a place in the final. Chong Wei topped Group A without any problem to stay on track to win a record seventh consecutive national title.
    Daren said that his second victory over Beng Hong was more meaningful.
    “This time, I booked a ticket to the GP semi-finals for the first time. It was clear that Beng Hong was suffering from a thigh injury he suffered in his first match and I capitalise on it,” he said.
    On his match against Chong Wei, Daren said: “I still remember the score 19-21, 14-21 when I lost to him almost three years ago in the Pahang Open. It will not be easy and it will give me great satisfaction if I can take a game off him.”
    The 20-year-old Kwong Beng knew that he had to tire an ill-prepared Mohd Hafiz Hashim for a breakthrough and he did exactly that to beat the 2003 All-England champion 21-17, 21-15 to top Group B.
    In the semi-finals, Kwong Beng will play against Chong Wei Feng, who came out victoriously in a roller coaster match against Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, winning 17-21, 21-4, 21-19 to emerge as the Group D champion.
    Kwong Beng, who trains under national singles coach Misbun Sidek was happy that he managed to take advantage of Hafiz’s lack of preparation.
    “Hafiz has not been coming to training regularly and I knew this was the best chance to get the better of him. I had never played against him previously and this win over a senior player for the first time is certainly a boost for me, especially after having struggled all along this year,” said Kwong Beng.
    On his match against Wei Feng today, he said: “Our record stands at 1-1. I will give my best.”
    In the women’s singles, Kedah’s 16-year-old Ng Sin Er turned out to be a surprise semi-finalist when she pulled off an upset 19-21, 21-17, 22-20 win over her senior compatriot, Ooi Swee Wern, to finish as the runner-up to Lydia Cheah in Group B.
    She will take on top seed and Group A winner Julia Wong today.
    The men’s doubles semi-final matches today promises to be crackers.
    Defending champions Koo Kien Keat-Boon Heong will take on Goh Wei Shem-Ong Jian Guo while former internationals Chan Chong Ming-Chew Choon Eng will square of with Lim Khim Wah-Chan Peng Soon.
    Kien Keat will also be gunning for a second title in the mixed doubles with Ng Hui Lin. They will take on Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Nairul Suhada Abdul Latif in the semi-finals.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/11/sports/2776845&sec=sports

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...ng sin er did impress me after her disapointing outing in wjc...

20. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Hayaya... Lack of discipline? :confused: