APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I hold both racket on hand, without swing it, i totally cannot feel any diff, while I'm trying to swing the rackets, i found that stern 200 is not able to generate the same power as what stern 300 did, so it meant that 300 do generate more power by the same swing from me. However, 200 also do have advantage over the 300, while doing return from back hand, it is better distance with the similar strength from wrist, this is just what i feeled when i hold for both of the rackets, but personally like about 300 because it is still lighter but same power produced as 200, but please do not compare to tatrum 200 because that is head heavy racket and this is not.

2. chann

chann Regular Member

sorry to bump in , so how do u find the stern 300 over all? the shaft stiffness, balance, etc....

comparing it to models like tantrum 300 , lethal 70 what is it like ?

3. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Stern 300 accondingly to the spec is Stiff but while I play, it is kinda mid stiff only, balance wise is good generate about 285-290

L70 and T300 are really stiff compare to S300, but both of the rackets are more heavy while S300 are lighter, that is the difference i found.

4. whatever001

whatever001 Regular Member

any1 knows the stiffness of lethal 50 and tantrum 200 ?

5. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Hi, how did u know that Lethal 60 is the most quality report fault racket in APACS? MAny broken cases? How did u know?

6. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

It is acconding to our supplier but it does only applied to Malaysia APACS, I'm not sure about your country yet.

7. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Lethal 50 is better? Have u tested Lethal 50 or tantrum 200? BTW what racket are u using now?

8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

tried T200 from my fren, powerful smasher but I'm not good to carry it because I'm weak in wrist, so it is not suitable for me but still, it is a very good racket for the person who can carry its weight.

L50 I have only tried in the shop and never try in the game.

I'm using Stern 300 as my main, it suite for my style, and backup is Saber10, all rackets i have chosen are more lighter racket, I'm actually looking for a Ultra Stiff racket but in a very light weight, still cannot find any to replace my S300, so continue to use it at this moment and quite satisfied.

9. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Hey, I have been hearing a lot about Tantrum 300 and Lethal 70 and they seem to be great rackets, but what about the other models of Apacs such as Visible Hollow? Can you guys explain more about those other rackets? Since I have also heard that Apacs is pretty much clones of Yonex, what would the equivalent or similar models of t300 and l70 be for Yonex? Also, I have heard that you guys say the Nano 9900 is the same as the Yonex NS 9900, but I do not see that on the page, I only see Nano Pro 9900, is that the same? Anyways, I am planning on buying the t300/l70 deal for $200. Is that a good choice?

10. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Tantrum and Lethal series are own Apacs product line..as well as Stern and VH
    i'm not sure which YY series can be compared with Tantrum and Lethal but i know there are nothing from YY which can be compared with the VH series..as in the hollow shaft
    Apacs clone are never the same with YY..they even play very differently

T300/L70 package is definitely a very good deal
    i always envy baddy players in US and Canada
    Apacs there always have packages with good prices
    there's no such thing in Msia :(
    although we can get both for less than RM500(equiv to US$150+- :p)

11. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

VH - Best to Anti Shake Effect due to the special design shaft, it can increase the accuracy.

VH, Stern, Lethal, Tantrum are not clone unit, but some others APACS products are clone from YY but different spec as mentioned by ziggy. However, you can refer previous thread to get the review of each racket, but i will suggest you to try it out before purchase any if you are not sure which 1 suitable for you.

12. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Wow, thanks for your fast reply and clearing everything up! Is the VH series any good? It seems like the tantrum and lethal series are quite good as that is all you guys talk about. lol I have now heard many people tell me that the package is a really good deal so I will probably end up getting it. As for you getting it cheaper, that is awesome! You can get the rackets for about $75 each and that shows how good Apacs is as they have such high quality for such a low price! Though, I guess Malaysia is similar to Hong Kong, as in everything else is cheaper too, right? Also, isin't this brand originated from Malaysia? Anyways, thanks for your replies!

13. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

@ loneboy62, see that is the problem, I do not even know if there are any stores in the Toronto area that carry this brand even though they ship everything out of Markham, which is in Toronto. If they did, it would be much better for me as I would not have to pay the shipping and handling fees. Oh, one more thing. Is the Stern series not available in North America? I do not see anything about it on the website.

14. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    yeah they have very good quality rackets as in material
    but quality control wise :S
    i've seen a lot of off-spec apacs..even their own series :(

not EVERYthing is cheaper :p
    i saw very cheap ori yonex grips on ebay
    it's half of the price that i can get here
    yes it is a Malaysia originated brand..i'm happy that they made it this far

15. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

So you are pretty much saying it is a gamble to get an Apacs racket?

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm.. I just held (hold only hor) the Stern330 yesterday and it is indeed a tad light. The T200 is in the 3U range so it is on the heavy side for an APACS (usually 4U). It's a very good racket with fantastic control. I find the power to be good too but loved its control.

I am sure you can get a very good deal in Msia. You just need to know where to look. IIRC, we Singaporeans will flood into Johor to get cheap Apacs rackets.

17. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

You'd say. Apacs's manufacturing tolerance is quite loose. I had a friend's furious 778 (?) that's a good 5mm longer than all his others (he has a total of 4). If anything, that provides you a chance to find the gem in the whole stack.

Honly in Johor even provides a weighing scale for buyers to scrutinise the rackets they pick.

A little. It's the case with most rackets anyway. Think about it this way. APACS is 1/4 the price of a mid-end Yonex. That buys you 4 chances to get it right :p.

18. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Well, what is the chance of getting a flawed racket then? I mean, I am putting $200 into two rackets and that is a lot of money to waste if they are completely useless as money does not exactly grow on trees for me. Well, when you guys say there are flaws in the quality control, what exactly do you mean? How bad can they get? Would it be as bad as making the racket feel completely different, or is it just really minor defects? Anyways, if I DO end up with a really flawed racket, wouldn't I be able to send it back for a replacement or something since it is their fault, not mine?

19. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    you need to ask them that before you buy

20. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Though what I really want to know is the margin of flawness you guys are talking about. How often do people get sub - par rackets. Also, if it is sub - par, what kind of flaws are we talking about? Really major or really minor? Can someone give me examples of the problems people had with these rackets?