Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I measured, The Bs09 and BsLYD are actually the same thickness around the frame and shaft. Didn't measure the T-joint. The LYD somehow looks like it has a smaller head to me, but in fact it doesn't (only a couple mm).

2. Druvello

Druvello New Member

Student
    Hmm... Is BS LYD 2013 Lengh of shaft equal to YY VTZF?

I'm considering to get LYD2013. But since I've been using VTZF which got
    a long shaft, I need more infos. I understand if I switch to LYD2013 then probably
    my smash power would be reduced.

But.. I'm in love with the colour way since I didn't have a
    chance to get my hands on YY ARC Z-Slash Taufik Hidayat T.T

So please pleaseee, anyone knows?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Shaft length and smash power are most certainly not proportional. Much more important are the weight and balance of the racket - the BS LYD is a balanced racket, not very head heavy like the VT-ZF. That will make it feel unfamiliar at first and likely cause a temporary loss of power. With correct technique, one should be able to get roughly the same power out of both rackets though.

4. Druvello

Druvello New Member

Student
    Yeah, maybe I'm going to put some lead tapes on the head :D.
    Do u have both of them? I still need the detail of the shaft length cause when playing singles
    It's easier IMO to reach the shuttle with a longer shaft. I've tested my VTZF and my friend's
    YY nanospeed lambda. It's just hard to get the feel when I switched from long shaft to a shorter shaft

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I have neither of them :D Tested both, though, and have a few hits with the ZF LTD of a friend from training from time to time.

Easier to reach the shuttle? You do realize that a longer shaft only means it has a shorter head/handle, right? The total length is actually the same...

6. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

My. Thought. Exactly.

This goes for every racket I've owned.

Solution: Get at least 6 and pick out the ones most similar.

7. Druvello

Druvello New Member

Student
    Really? maybe my friend's YY Nano lambda is fake then ( since it made in China ), cause the grip is on the same size.

Still, when defending against cross-court-smash ( in singles ) I could reach better, the same
    too when I tried my friend's YY Arc 10 .

But not the same with YY Arc Z Slash -_- , I don't know why, but I did like 5 miss hits with the Z slash ( 2x clears, 2x drops , and once when I tried to counter a tight net shot ) . That Z Slash got issues with me even though it has the same shaft length, at that moment, I felt like I haven't been playing for 2 weeks LoL

8. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I got my first Victor racket the other day - a BS LYD. Until now I've been using Armortech and Voltric. I felt I needed a doubles racket as my defense and fast flat play were taking a toll when I played with my VT80 or VTZF. As it was my first BS racket at all, I was worried about how it would play out since the stiffness and head heavyness are different from the Voltric but my first impression of the racket is that it is a good racket indeed suitable for doubles.

Every shot felt effortless and maybe it's because of the SWORD tech? I've never experienced a racket being this fast before, yet giving me enough power to produce fast shots.
    The only thing I felt was off were the "vibrations" of the racket when you hit the shuttle. It doesn't bother me that much and I stopped thinking about it after a while, but you can definitely feel it. I'm curious what causes this. If I'm not mistaken I think I've read somewhere else as well that Victor rackets have vibrations and didn't fully understand it until now after I tested one myself.

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Yonex has a very dull feeling, so since you've been using those rackets it's not surprising. Yonex dampens the vibration by adding a filling inside the hollow frame of their (top end) rackets, whilst Victor chooses not to.
    Once you get used to it, you should be able to get a lot more feedback from the BS.

10. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

anybody knows when will the new LYD on sale in the UK ? some online official stockist dont have the new LYD N

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    The new LYD will not be available until current stocks in Europe have been cleared. Otherwise Victor will be competing with itself which doesn't make sense.

Expect to see the new colour around September/October.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

You can get them from RKEP Eric.

13. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    We have to be careful about importing Victor into UK. Customs have the power to cease any goods. If this happens then the recipient will lose out.

So in this case, buyer beware.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Seize?

But why would they? Is there a racket import ban?

15. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Come on, the guy is sponsored by Victor (Victor Europe?) so why would he encourage people to get rackets from sellers in Asia who offer a greater range of products at (usually) a better price?

16. swunk

swunk Regular Member

there's a difference between import and personal buy. must be no problem ordering one racket to UK.
    MBS also sells new BSLYD, afair.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Customs have the power to seize counterfeit goods yeah, but not perfectly legit goods. Dealers may not be allowed to sell imported codes but nothing to stop consumers from doing it ... (of course you should and might be charged local tax on import of ~20%)

One local store here has had the BSLYD N listed for quite some time already and one bc member ordered a BSLYD there but never reported whether or not it was actually the new colour (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ice-and-opinions-please?p=2042885#post2042885).

#557 demolidor, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Come on Paul, that is just not true as you have presented it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/seized-goods.htm

In short, badminton rackets will not get seized unless you hide coke in the handles.

#558 amleto, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    If they pick it up, you'll need to pay import duty which is around 20%. I've imported powerlifting stuff for my personal use for years and been stung a couple of times for it. No big deal though.

20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

No, import duty is around 0% for badminton rackets. VAT is 20%, though.

And that is totally different to having something 'seized' where you don't ever see it again (barring appeals).