Why is Anthony Clark so Arrogant

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by d65up2, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    I REAd in a psychology book that sometimes shorter people who feel inferior to other people tend to be more arrogant to get 1 up against their opponents. Seeing that he's 1.70m. He's definetely considered on the shorter side. So that may be his problem.

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Imagined Journeys & Conversations

Your destination keeps changing :cool:
    Quite murky, isn't it? :rolleyes:

3. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    what omg!!! Cos I keep yelling my mom I am going to Newcastle on Saturday must be why hehe..........

4. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

wahhhh...Zheng Bo/Gao Ling must be honoured:D

5. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    "Own them"? since when they use terms and slangs from cyber games?

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Personalities are that - personal. Clark's action could be the manifestation of his competitive nature, surfacing as a gesture mixed with frustration or something that happened the night before, or the week before, who knows?

It's not really appropriate indeed but I do agree with Gunblade on this one.

Indeed, considering it's spelt "pwned".

7. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    first off this thread is utter bollocks as you english would say....2nd of course hes not as famous as steven gerrard or frank lumplard (overpaid english players who cant even qualify for euro 2008) because futbol is the most popular sport in the world.....you really need to stop hating on anthony clark....hes the one making money playing badminton your not lol

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I wonder what would happend when clark changed his direction to MS,n "shhhh.."ing TH,the bad tempered,in a match.I bet TH would just throw him his AT900-T to his face,like he's done before with his AT700 to the crowd.LOL...

9. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Well...in my personal opinion, the 'shhh'-ing incident, which it can be referred to as, does not justify arrogance to me. I just thought that the situation was as follows: Clark made a simple unforced error, Candra cheered, Clark might've felt that cheering is best reserved for those who earn points instead of cheering for your opponent's errors, so he 'shh'-ed Candra. To me, it doesn't necessarily mean 'shut up', and I think that you might've seen it in a different context.

10. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Never like this guy from the start just plain annoying

11. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

In this case you should probably hate Peter Gade too for telling Chen Jin to shut up on court several times.

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    we know PEter gade.. he's one of legendary players.. former #1 player.. i think he has a right to 'ssss' chen jin and he's very famous in denmark:p :D.. and who is antony clarck ? if you ask people in england about Anthony clarck, most of them will have no clue about who he is :D :p

13. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Aah, so being arrogant is the right of those with power/fame/achevement etc? :)

14. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Not really but you know if you are good and arrogant you have some basis..but if you are Anthony Clark....you just dun have it..........but anyway badminton players should not be arrogant but if you are good is more acceptable although still is annoying

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Let's have the truth... what is it really? :cool:
    Did you lose to him or something? :rolleyes:

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Now we all know who is chandra,who is clark,who is Peter Gade,who is Chen Jin.Who's more senior in the badminton world?Who got more achievements?Who got more respects from people?We all know that.Now that's what matters n deciding...

N also,u all know that Chandra is one type of player that shouts alot,that gets excited easily in a match.However,for his entire career,i think there's no one who ever did the same action like Clark did to him..

When i was watching Peter Gade,telling Chen jin to shut up..i think"Yeah..this guy needs to concentrate".But while i'm watching Clark "shhh.."ing chandra,i thought "What the??..who the heck is he?"."He's nothing but a newcomer"."Why did he do that?"That's what i thought.Besides,it's MD,where shouts r often happend to most of players..much more noisy compared to MS.What's the big thing over a shout of excitement in MD?

Well,besides..Their face shows something different.Different face expression,i guess.

Maybe if i can put it in words,Gade was telling CJ to "be quiet,k?u're ruining my game".."don't u ruin my concentration".While when Clark "shhh..."ing Chandra,there's a bit of underestimating.Like.."shut up...what's the big deal?".

2 facts of why does it feel different.

1st..Clark is "shhh..."ing a famous player,a legend in MD.That's just doesn't feel rite,which comes from a quite new comer to "shhh..."ing a more senior player(in badminton),in terms of everything..career life,achievements.Hehe..more like someone "shhh..." his older brother.

2nd.For the PG/CJ case,It feels right,or better..since Peter gade is the legend,a big player,a senior in badminton..way more than CJ.Ppl tend to respect Peter Gade much more than CJ..even the chinese supporters.From my own observation,like i said before..Besides,PG's intention to tell CJ to keep quite,is so that he can keep his concentration.No offense meant by it.Besides,it still sounds better if it comes from a senior player "shhhh..."ing a junior player.

#36 Smichz, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  17. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student

Well said Bro!!! Anyway to be honest Clark is always like that anyway...he thinks he is the best MD player

18. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

A typical from Smichz, sounds right but all for the wrong reason.
    I wouldn't want to argue much with your twisted "I-am-senior-I-win-a-lot-so-you-must-shut-up" or "I-am-senior-I-win-a-lot-so-I-can-shout-all-I-want".
    But think about it, according to your logic, when you mention that "who the heck is Nathan", "he is nothing but a new comer", did you actually look back at yourself? See? According to your logic, you wouldn't even worth a words with Nathan. Do you want to compare your seniority, achievements or trophy with Nathan?

Get over the ego of your favourite players, they are not yours. And becareful especially when you are to lecture people about respect and morality. Remember how you came out half way of others celebration of their favorite players winning by accusing them disrespectful because their players coach is an Indonesian. None of them actually forget about Rexy Minaiky and his contribution. And end the lecture by saying "You are so KKK". Now look back at yourself. Did your even respect to others too?

I agree with you that Nathan could have ask in better way so that Candra could toned down or control his emotion. But when Peter Gade is annoyed, he could have ask in better way either. The seniority or achievement shouldn't be the factor.

Would you respect someone more more if he/she respects other regardless of their age, rich or poor, good looking or ugly, great or normal man? Or you prefer someone who behave well manner in front of their senior or boss than act like a jerk to the rest.

19. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

And you think you are the best forum poster.

20. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student

Hehe no offence I didn't say that I think Yannie is the best forum poster with ctjakd and Taufik 1st.......not me man...I am new well I used to be kidosetiawan lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.