Yonex Arcsaber 10 (ARC10) and Armortec 700 (AT700) 2012 PREMIUM EDITION

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blitzzards, Apr 5, 2012.

1. patlamaa

patlamaa New Member

at700 PE 3U or 4U?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. not mine...

3. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I'll receive my ARC10 Premium this week. Too bad no AT700 Premium because the shop could not deliver this one. Hope to get that one later this year. Really want the AT700 Premium because of the string holes differences.

4. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    Best yonex string to pair with the arc10 premium is what friends? My current setup is bg66UM on 24x26. But im keen to know is there other strings that is best based on your experience to pair with it... :)

5. hafist

hafist Regular Member

Masturbator
    mine strung with BG80P at 26lbs.. the hard hitting string compliments the control/hold racket..
    it's better that my Z-slash that was strung with NBG99@27lbs..

6. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    The AT700 PR only comes in 4U?

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Lets not fool by mkt gimmick

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
  9. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    Just got my AT700P 2012 last week. Played few games and I can tell it's a very good racket.

I been using 700LTD for the last 4 years, I found the 2012 version is bit lighter less head heavy then the Ltd version.

Very close to the old At700.

For Smash power:
    AT700LTD > AT700 > AT700P

For speed & contorl
    AT700P > AT700LTD > AT700

However, :eek: this is not a review but only my personal feeling about this racket. I should say it's a sucessful AT series racket.

P.S. all my rackets are 3U

IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg

Sundis likes this.
  10. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Quite a collection there... nice!

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Nothing can be complained of from AT700PR 3U, it is a really solid racket, with huge amount of raw power. My current go to racket.

12. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    any1 seen 3u at700pr in msia?

13. CarbonexFan

Received my AT700PR with 3U-G4 spec today!

14. CarbonexFan

As far as I know, these are all AT700 generations:

AT700Series.jpg

1. AT700 Premium
    2. AT700 Limited for Olympics 2008. Limited 5000 Asia and 20.000 worldwide as far as I know
    3. AT700 2nd generation
    4. AT700 Limited edition only in Asia 5000 pieces
    5. AT700 1st generation

15. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

:eek:...i didn't know that there is an orange edition of it! anyway, perfect collection! :D

16. mds14

mds14 Regular Member

what a collection...
    the first one is limited to 8000 pieces right?

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    CarbonexFan, any reviews on AT700PR ?

Looking forward for your review.

18. CarbonexFan

Sorry about that. Thought there were already a few reviews, so did not bother.

To me the AT700 was a great racket, and I loved the 1st gen the most. The 2nd gen was different and could not tell what, but it was clearly not the same. Although I have a 1st gen at 3U-G4, 2nd gen was 4U-G4. Maybe that's the differences in power I liked about this racket. For references I measured the specs of the following rackets:

AT700 Premium 3U-G4 BG80 Pro
    AT700 Limited OE 3U-G4 BG65
    AT700 2nd generation 4U-G4 NBG98
    AT700 1st generation 3U-G4 BG80

If you look at the balance, they are not the same. From head heavy to head less heavy (cannot call them head light):
    AT700 1st Gen < AT700PR < AT700LE < AT700 2nd Gen

I have to say that the main reason why the AT700 2nd gen is the less head heaviest of them may due to the fact that it is a 4U model. For instance, I also measured a VT80 at 3U-G4 and a 4U-G4 VT80. The difference between them is almost 7 mm in balance. The difference between the AT700PR and VT80 3U-G4 was only 1 or 2 mm in favor of the VT80 in terms of head heaviness. The VT80 3UG4 share the same balance as the 1st gen 3U-G4!

Now for the stiffness, from stiff to less stiffer:
    AT700 1st gen = AT700LE < AT700PR < AT700LE

I could not see a lot of difference between the 1st gen and the Limited Olympic Edition and the Premium followed by a very small margin. The AT700 2nd edition was clearly less stiffer. So looking at these specs, I can imagine that the AT700PR feels like the AT700 1st gen in terms of balance and stiffness. Already mentioned is the fact that the AT700PR has the new stringing pattern which all former generations don't have.

For playing, I only took the Premium, 2nd gen and the Limited Dragon with me. The 1st gen I really didn't want to play with because I already lost one and it was really hard to find a decent one to replace it. And the Limited Super Brands wasn't strung so I wanted to keep it that way. I doubted what kind of string I wanted to use, but decided to use a power string because it was a head heavy 3U version. For reference, I always use 11 kg.

First I tried the dragon LE version, which was not easy to move. The feeling was very solid, but the factory strung BG65 was just to weak. I don't think it was even 10 kg. I use a Cab30ms 2U as reference, but the head heaviness was really there. I don't think the balance and stiffness and timing was too much off compared to the Premium, but these racket need a higher tension to play well. So I switched to the 2nd generation AT700 which was 4U-G4. I immediately gained speed and power. And the odd feeling was there again. I think the 2nd generation was some kind dampened in vibrations and that's what I was missing. It was not a bad racket at all and I could play all shots. At the end, I missed some pure power from this racket what it was build for.

Now for the AT700 Premium, I do like it more over the 4U version. The AT700PR did funny enough had not a lot more power. Given the same speed, the clears ended at about the same position. I liked the feedback of the 2nd gen AT700 because of the string. The AT700PR combined with the BG80Pro was not a good one. I expect it would had more power with a thinner string like the NBG98, but in this case, it wasted the racket.

Can there be any conclusions drawn from this test? Yes and No. None of these rackets have the same string or weight to be compared. Would it have made any difference? Off course it does, but some questions can already be answered. Is the AT700PR the same as the AT700 2nd gen. I would say no. Is it the same as the 1st gen? I would say they have the same characteristics, but the stringing pattern is different. But for those who like the 1st gen, this racket is the closest you can get. If you treat it like the 1st gen and you know the racket, you just can't go wrong. The racket has the same balance as the VT80, but the stiffness and flex is different. Also the widebody frame of the VT80 assures different air resistance. If you love the AT700 1st gen, buy the AT700PR and not the VT80. Hope it helps.

19. kiwical

kiwical Regular Member

I see that MBS only has IP/SP codes for the arc10 premium. If I buy from badminton alley, what code would it have? Doesn't mention it on the website as far as I could see. Thanks

20. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

US coded.