Does normal powder works ?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by mufc4991, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

That sounds like plain laziness to me, just like how a sweaty person who is too lazy to bring enough towels and shirts to use/change during play complaining about not being able to find a shirt that wicks sweat away good enough from the body to keep himself dry :p

The idea is, if you have a problem then fix it. There is no such thing as a real life (pardon me) 仙丹.

Okay.. these two I do not fully understand. Please reiterate in more detail?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    yup, that's me. Too lazy to change the grips so frequently. But now, play in air con halls most of the the time so it's not really a problem.

2) For me, the towelling grip is soft at the start, after getting wet and dry a couple of times, it becomes more compact resulting in smaller diameter.

3) Towelling grip is thicker and not so easy to adjust diameter. (I don't like using the thick overgrips for the same reason)

4) but main reason is I can't be bothered changing back to using it again as I am happy with what I have now.;)

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

My you sure are lucky to be able to play in air conditioned halls.. The places where I play at sometimes have faulty exhaust systems which is just bad :(

In terms of towel grip I find the currently-new-to-the-Sunrise-market's Yonex AC402DX JP a winner in a lot of areas. It is just as thin as a double layered thin overgrip and the fabric is already compact while being sufficiently fluffy and comfortable and is also very consistent in that it does not shrink at all or become too hard when it dries up after getting wet. It also has a quick-dry feature plus anti bacterial treatment on it. Last but not least it costs me 1/2 the price of Karakal Super PU which I used to change monthly (due to my fingers puncturing holes in the grip) and now I just change the AC402DX twice monthly (all that and it still costs me the same amount of money in the long run) :D

I really recommend those who have moved on from the towel grip to a PU one and is still not finding the later satisfactory enough to give the AC402DX a try.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I'll keep an eye out for that and can try it out. After all, it has enough differences from ordinary towelling to make it worth a try.