Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    limsy, my friend, I honestly think the toilet cleaners and waitresses deserve tickets to Rio more than the higher-ups. They might be the only few persons within BAM (and perhaps PBSI too) who do their jobs right and sincerely.

Think about it. Without HPD, supremo, whatever, things still can go on smoothly. But without toilet cleaners? Without waitresses? It's hell, man. ;)

#901 Jagdpanther, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's a blessing in disguise that LCW did not win the Olympic gold. Let's wait for tomorrow and see what are the decisions.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,this is the truth!

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    anyone read what nadzmi said?
    he say we didnt kenang budi,didnt balas budi wor.
    like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG--QGXqnlM
    'Janji sudah ditepati
    Kini masa balas budi'

anyone want to sponsor a banner?i want to give it to nadzmi.

and maybe a song like this.
    thanks for winning us so many title since u take over bam.
    lee chong wei who?nadzmi should be our hero.
    thanks for earning so much money for bam.
    maybank proton who? we should put nadzmi malaysia open
    nadzmi hero malaysia!nadzmi hero malaysia!

come on guys,sing with me,nadzmi hero malaysia!

5. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    More like Janji Capati only. Nothing great.

6. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    So we should thank him personally for LCW and KKK/TBH? Take NG Chin Chai and co out with him and maybe I will...

And maybe he should thank my father for buying Proton Perdana several years ago...kenang budi right?

7. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Maybe he like capati that much hence, even the promises become capati. . . btw, which of the promises he made had been 'ditepati'? Anything at all?

8. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

All this capati talk makes me hungry :) Aim for kedai mamak for lunch 2mrw

9. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I don't think they have capati on lunch hour. . .:rolleyes:

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, they eat up the janji as capati, so, no more janji that needs to be fulfilled. All nicely eaten fill their stomach, hahaha

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LOL! Nice one helang. Nice one indeed.

12. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Yes Mr M3 Series I know, Im not aiming for the capati, just want to go there and have lunch :D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this time,they janji for 2020 and 2024 olympic
    ready to eat capati then.

my dad also brought a proton. nadzmi,come and thanks me please.

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/9/8/sports/11992217&sec=sports

[h=1]Get it right BAM; Solutions needed for a better future in the game[/h]FACTA, non verba. It means “deeds, not words” in Latin. Action, not speeches.

That is what will be on Ng Chin Chai’s mind as he chairs the Coaching and Training Committee (CNT) meeting at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara today as the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) conduct a review and seek ans*wers and solutions to a better future for Malaysian badminton.

“I prefer not to talk. Better for me to do more, and talk less,” said Chin Chai when contacted yesterday.

His gruff statement is understandable.

The BAM have been under fire from many quarters and the heat is on Chin Chai to come out with an effective and workable plan for Malaysian badminton.

Since world No. 2 Lee Chong Wei’s agonising loss to China’s Lin Dan in the final of the Olympic Games in London last month, thus prolonging Malaysia’s wait for a gold medal, there have been strong reactions.

There have been calls for BAM’s top brass to step down. Others took pot shots at some key players in BAM.

Loud and clear: Malaysia need a visionary man, like Li Yongbo (left) of China, to take charge and chart Malaysia’s fortunes in world badminton
    Whatever their reasons may be – for personal gain or with sincerity – egos have been bruised.

Some want the coaches to buck up. Some want top men’s pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong to be split up. Some just want quick actions so that Malaysia can produce more players like Chong Wei.

BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh has said that he has led the association without fear or favour but is disappointed that many do not see the whole picture.

Frankly, I believe that the problem in BAM is not about the personalities in power. Rather, it is their decisions that have been questioned and disputed.

One of the most fundamental needs for Malaysia is to have one head – one coaching director (chief coach/high performance director or whatever you want to call it) to steer the team.

The new structure should be built for a visionary man to take charge – just like Li Yongbo holds the fort for China, Park Joo-bong in Japan and Christian Hadinata in Indonesia.

The roles of the chief coach should be clearly defined and he should be given the full power and mandate to plan, select and earmark players for international tournaments. He should be ac**count**able for his coaches’ and players’ progress.

This is the missing piece in the BAM jigsaw.

Former world champion Han Jian hit the nail on the head when he pointed out that there were way too many cooks in BAM’s house.

The BAM had the right idea when they appointed Datuk James Selvaraj as the high performance director (HPD) but it was wrong to allow him to work on a part-time basis.

The worst part is BAM continued to keep him in the job although they knew it wasn’t working out.

Monitoring the coaches and players should be a full-time job.

The BAM lost the plot even further when they kept on piling the number of HPDs to four despite all these people doing the same old, same old.

The BAM are also guilty of inconsistency in their decision-making.

First, they stopped former internationals Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen from competing in the World Championships although they had qualified on merit.

They then banned Tan Chun Seang for walking out on the national team – but gave Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Mohd Zakry Ab**dul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari their blessings to become professionals.

Wait, there’s more.

The BAM also allowed the Ng sisters – Hui Lin and Hui Ern – the privilege of training and competing with the national team although they are studying in London. It is a noble idea but don’t you think that everyone should enjoy the same treatment?

Claims of politicking among coaches are also damaging the image of BAM and it is something that the association should address and eradicate.

Indeed, so much has been said over the past week.

There have been hurtful words. There have been constructive criticisms. There have been baseless allegations.

Let’s all clam-up.

Like Chin Chai said, it’s time to let their actions do the talking.

All anyone can hope for is that the team headed by Chin Chai take the right course of action for the sake of Malaysian badminton’s future.

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    It's a smart thing to do and say. When you are chairing the CTC and it's under fire from all quarters, the more things you say, the more you will get bombarded. But nevertheless, still guilty of absurd management. Mirroring what so many of my badminton playing friends, uncles and aunties say - 'isn't the lawyer suppose to do what he is suppose to do and nothing else?'

So you mean to say the decision does not reflect on the person or the management? Hence the decision and the decision maker is a separate entity? Therefore there is no need to criticise because even though the humongously insipid management prolongs for donkey years? What kind of disillusioned reasoning is this? I can tell you that this reply is from a person who practices 'tai-chi' very well (some will understand this).

As I said in my earlier post, smoke screen smoke screen, put them on like putting on sunscreen.

Wine-making from a bad vineyard trying to make vine taste better with no substantial knowledge whatsoever. Even people in BC has better and sound knowledge than these bozos.

This brings to mind about what Bata Selvaraj said. 'They told me to shut up and to mind my own business about player selections.' Misbun could not train his own son. Morten Frost had to repeatedly fight for Lee Chong Wei to be selected into national squad, without which LCW would not be where he is today and there would be no free nasi kandar and baskin robbins for us all.

If we wipe out these nonsense, BAM will die. If we don't, badminton in this country will die.

So what have you clowns been doing all this while? Eating capati and janji ditepati? BAM is a catastrophe and holocaust rojak, showered with a lot of $$$.

That's right ladies and gentlemen. The phrase 'in God we put our hopes and trust in' has change to - ' in Chin Chai we put our whittling hopes and no trust in'.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think what Rajes Paul meant in the 2nd para- its not abt personalities in power thing, is its abt their character but the end result or work. Like how we are assessed at work,likeable or not, results is what count. A lot of people dont like LYB but China won all 5 golds. In BAM case, the decisions that cause the end results

#916 eaglehelang, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Yes I do understand what he is saying. But it's merely another way of saying it is the cowdung that is smelly and not the cow, which is true. But this is pure semantics in BAM's case. You can't say that a it is not the rapist but the act of raping that is the cause, and then apply it to BAM's circumstances.

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    You can't touch this

Firstly, the elephant in the room at the root of these BAM fracas is this - the democratic election component of BAM is defunct. It is so because of the 'you help me, I help you culture'. There is no way in the real world the top brass can survive employment for so long, without accountable results perpendicular to a specific timeline. There is no way that, as the top man responsible you can tell everyone that 'I do not want to relinquish my post'. In other words, this is a monopolized dictator masking in our modern day world as a legal entity. In the words of MC Hammer, they are saying to us 'You can't touch me'. They can do what they, how they want, without proper accountability.

#918 Pakito, Sep 7, 2012
  19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I also know how journalist pens. To mildly put it, I do admire Rajes Paul's courage to speak/pen down his mind on paper. But, they have to mix it with other 'sitting on the fence' terms like 'it's not the personalities(means nothing personal)', 'there have been constructive criticisms, there have been baseless allegations' & 'for the sake of badminton let's all clam up and hope'. For last comment, I do acknowledge it's a noble intent, but really, hoping and hoping and then knock your head against the wall time and again, BAM not learning from mistakes but repeating, us daring to place their hopes upon BAM again and again, is just plain horrendous.

Although Nadzmi has once openly stated to the media, 'if they want me to step down I will, I am fine with this'. Then shortly later it was announced that he is headhunted by BWF. How finely orchestrated. Now Nadzmi is conveniently keeping mum on all the above, whether leaving for greener pastures or keeping his post. This is just SMOKE SCREEN. He is sitting on BAM chair with super glue on his butt.

I do however, acknowledge that Nadzmi has a very likable face and demeanor, but sadly doesn't commensurate with his capabilities as leader for malaysian badminton. More like a leader for eternal employment.

#919 Pakito, Sep 7, 2012
  20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I am truly dismayed by the many childish comments here. Almost every post I see here either reflects a very narrow viewpoint from disgruntled fans or a population that is not capable of constructive and critical thinking. Perhaps this is why so many more mature former posters have deserted this thread or even this site.
    Ex-coaches, players and even journalists are only too willing to become arm-chair critics. But give the job to them and they will be the first to run away.
    This has now become a circus with the lynch mob running riot.
    Look at the big picture, not 4 years or 8 years or 16 years. The key is the human infrastructure from seeking out youngsters from as young as 4, well-funded badminton schools where the best youngsters are selected and paid (yes paid) by the state, and go through a process of 'survivor-of-the fittest' to throw out those that don't make it.
    This, my friend is your badminton human infrastructure. It is an endless source of raw material of the best the country has to offer. Stop talking about near term goals like 4 years or 8 years, it then becomes one era versus another era comparison which is like of kicking the can down the street. The Han Jian era with the 1992 Thomas Cup triumph rubbishes those of other eras that don't do as well is merely a huge blame game.
    So many suggestions from so many smart alecs with some of them contradicting each other. Now if you were to choose a powerful chief coach who has absolute power, tell me how will it be better? If you don't believe me, just give the job to any chief coach and give him absolute power but in return he must produce results or get his head chopped off for failing. Now will he accept such conditions? Promises without any serious punishment for failure is how con men make a living.