Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Well, as expected ZZ got thrashed by Hayom but I never guessed that he would be embarassed so heavily. Hope this embarassing incident can spur him to work harder and realise that his playstyle might earn him the world junior title but he can go nowhere in senior.

If he continues to keep this kind of playstyle and slow speed, he won't go further than Arif or Iskandar. Also, KLRC might not be the solution to his problems. I will give him to the end of the year before I make another comment.

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    4-21...

Malay said : Kemaluan sangat besar:p

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Zul played more confidently and aggresively during AJC & WJC. Same as Nelson/Teo EY, they'll need some time to get into the senior circuit -Nelson/Teo also seemed nervous, somewhat lost at the moment, they play more aggresive in local circuit. Just that more attention on Zul as 1st Msia AJC, WJC in MS

4. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    kukubird berat macam batu ! tak lalat nak bergerak !:D

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Nelson/Teo actually seemed okay, they played really well against Rian/Angga and forced the INA pair into many errors. But Zulfadli? No show of brilliance at all. Who would have guessed that he is the reigning WJC. Until now no one knows how he beat Viktor.

6. eaglehelang

As pjswift would have said 'Homework, rote training.':D Zul really look out of place without his dad there, he look more at home with the gang at WJC, AJC. But Zul should be used to it, all the while he is odd one out :confused:

Yeah, Nelson/Teo played better today, not so lembap. Today's match I would say is their normal, they are more confident against Rian/Angga, gave too much respect to Alvent/Hendra.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You can "tahan" until end of the year?

8. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    wat forza racket he is using?

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    When you are on a good thing, stick to it

It was said before - If Zul performed really well with his dad, why make change to his routine?

There is a saying - "When you are on a good thing, stick to it".

On the other hand, when you are not on a good thing, leave it. ;););)

#669 chris-ccc, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This guy almost beat Lu Yi which is surprising now.

He looks really ordinary against Hayom, I actually think that most BC members could have played better in the 2nd game...

Mas would have been better off using some BJSS players and fielding them, they would have done a better job.

I might seem critical, but this was ZZ chance to show everyone that he didnt just get lucky last year, and he blew it in the whole tournament. He played poorly vs Singapore and Vietnam and showed further against Hayom that he is just average at the moment.

Malaysia, you need to look to Iskandar and Misbun as I think these are the two potential "stars" from the 19-21 age bracket. Both of these have the potential, and the technique, just missing the stamina and a bit of power.

Zulfadli although younger, needs a lot of work, his technique looks strange, and his stamina isn't there, he showed no fighting spirit either. If I was 15-4 down with a point to prove I'd try and at least get to double fiqures.

Look even younger, and I think Soo Teck Zhi and Soong Joo Ven have great potential. If they can receive the correct guidance and training, they'll do well:)

11. Ython

Ython Regular Member

Ariff game was more embarassed last nite against Taufik. I think BAM is purposely put Ariff in Tigers and ZZ in Leopards to gain experience. This Axiata was just training for Thomas cup IMO. Where else Chong Wei Feng And Zulkarnain was not in the tournament at all which consider better player than the 2.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I suppose it is better for him to return to KLRC for more "independent" training than staying with BAM, now that his performance has been seen by many to be below par. :eek:

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i knew it.. people are really quick to: put on trial, judge and lay down the sentence: and the kid has not even been in on stage more than a couple of month.. sheeeesh...

14. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    As disappointing as he was in Axiata, I look forward to see ZZ and the other Leopards in international stages. Just hope BAM will keep giving them more chances to play...

15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

The kid has barely out of the juniors and have to shoulder the pressure of playing for the nation on the senior stage.

Furthermore he was only coach by Hendrawan for a few weeks before this tournament. He is still better than the rest of his CONTEMPORARIES. He should not be rank with Misbun JR and Iskandar just yet what more with Rumbaka

16. racquetor

racquetor Regular Member

racquetor
    ZZ could be another HH in the making.The moral of the story, be humble and don't be too boastful by requesting to train with LCW when he cannot even beat the backup players. He is not lack of international exposure in the senior level competition as KLRC send him to tournaments more than the current back up players.

17. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

winning both the ajc and wjc is not something to be dismissed.. so far i dont see anything boastful about him..i mean who does not want to train with LCW?... we only know he cannot beat backup players only recently.. so he has a lot more to go..

yes he lack exposure.. another HH? we hope he could be as good soon.. and learn from HH to avoid the underachievements...

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    BAM recognized the potential in ZZ after his WJC success and made a bid for him to join the national training squad.

But ZZ and company made difficult demands, seen by outsiders that tantamount to "boasting", on BAM and there were some quarters who insisted that he be included in the Thomas Cup team by virtue of his WJC victory. With the many years of experience behind it, BAM of course did not agree since ZZ was still a junior and had to prove himself in the senior circuit before he can don MAS national colours. This is more so since ZZ prided himself as an independent, non-BAM, player produced by competitor KLRC.

There are a number of "juniors" in the national squad who are still waiting for a chance to be called up to represent MAS and to have a so-called "independent" player gate-crashing to take away their chance is totally unacceptable. As demonstrated recently in the Axiata Cup, the BAM juniors appeared to have performed better than ZZ.

So ZZ and company should not rest on their WJC laurels and make it difficult for BAM to try to develop a future MAS champion in the mould of LCW. Yes, to be humble and less combative against BAM and to cooperate in matters of training and overseas competitions is the way to go if ZZ really wants to achieve his ultimate goal.

19. eaglehelang

The fact that Iskandar & gang are still waiting their turn to participate in TC hs been highlighted long time ago.Zul, as an independent, is going Aust GP, while the more senior ones are going French & Dutch International. If Zul had join BAM, he wouldnt see the lights of a GP Gold event till ...23, haha.

As for the 'boasful' thingy, it was Zul's dad who kept saying, not Zul. Mr Zulklifi is more demanding, Zul is more down to earth, a regular kid.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe BAM did the right thing by not just sending its backup players overseas for competitions if they are not ready. After all, as some have argued, it is "taxpayers" money that BAM has to consider and not to waste it unnecessarily. Of course, I believe a good portion of BAM's income must have come from corporate sponsorships and taxes, apart from government funding.

In the past, the backup players did not achieve much and mostly got knocked out before the QF stage. This may be too expensive just for the "exposure". It makes better sense to reward those who are disciplined and really train hard and show results to be sent overseas though I agree that competitions are necessary as part of the training programme to assess individual performance. This is a more "down-to-earth" strategy. But if a player can't even make good in local competitions, there is less likelihood that he can perform better internationally.