Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

It's time to show... who is the boss here (as far as national interest is concerned)... Whatever the outcome is, let's hope that the OG2012 GOLD is not again eluded us (LCW particularly)... boleh?

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    of course the profile doesn't fit the report card collector,

he is described as an officer not a director :D

maybe officer is from him thats why it was reported in the press :confused:

but i doubt this is the main reason:D

we will never know until bam holds the meeting and if they make it public:D

3. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

no wonder even though wt millions of government and sponsorship money, boleh-land cannot achieve any major success.boleh-fans are easily satisfied with minor success and worship their datuks.

do u think Super Dan will be considered greatest of them all if he juz won de most super series in a year?

for me, datuks are failures simply bcos they cannot deliver what they had boldly declared, to win majors.

one datuk is juz satisfied to earn money to fill their pockets while the other wants to behave like a little girl when he realised he won't be able to protect his cronies after Datuk James Selvaraj takes over...
    geez, so many datuks in boleh-land badminton.

c'mon ppl, i'm juz calling a spade a spade, no fanboyism, no prejudice.

4. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Errr... no prejudice? datuks are failures? easily satisfied? *roll-eyes* Don't think so....

"do u think Super Dan will be considered greatest of them all if he juz won de most super series in a year?"

This sentence/question sounds just what LCW claimed of that officer in BAM. Never acknowledge hard work but always complain...

FYI, I'm just calling APPRECIATION an APPRECIATION not worship cos only GOD deserves the usage of that word. And to my mere understanding your spade isn't a spade regardless of your claim....

#164 eRa@에라, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    great post because its colorful post and when both red and black color combined,

it should be in the joke's corner:D

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Will wait for new updates/news

Agree with what you have posted. :):):)

IMHO, if MS and LCW could gather enough sponsorship for their combination, they should move out of BAM.

Perhaps, even move out of Malaysia to another country welcoming them. :p:p:p

I too have posted enough on this matter. :):):)

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I agree with mostly everything you have said.

Except, if BAM cannot unearth or promote another player anywhere near the capability of LCW, it IMO points to a fundamental flaw in the system.

8. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    aduh *faint* :D

In the meantime, let's enjoy the SSF which kicks off t'row. :)

#168 eRa@에라, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's why a lot of speculating, SS Finals not yet start.:p Minus the few exceptions who love bashing

Hahaha, you very free these few days is it Era?:D

10. eaglehelang

LCW me thinks no problem to get sponsors, he's already brand ambassador for a few products. But going another country I think not, the 2 yr restriction thingy for OG.

11. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hahaha...you miss me ker kak? Why not join me at MO. Two years already never see you... tak boleh jadi ni...:D haiya actually very bz today... but this one hot news sure keeps me glued to BC during intervals...kekeke... btw, how are you doing? good? still gaming at FB? keke

12. eaglehelang

Shhhh, PM me or message in FB lah, lol. Yeah, the hot news beginning of the year, last year TKH case, this year Misbun.

13. eaglehelang

..........................double post...............

14. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    dato S...burung talker...say wrong word at the wrong time...wat he know about sports anyway...go jaga stadium n make sure no more runtuh la..this is wat he should learn to put interest for the nation

dato Z...super eagle talker...try to be hero...i still remember how he slap those ex bam players who quit bam by turning to pro..

if lcw quit ... maybe kkk and tbh will follow later bam will close shop...sponsor run away...
    who we can rely on from backup players for the next few months? hafiz ? tcs ? sending them to tournament is like pouring sponsor $ to sea...train another 2 yrs also dont knw if they can rise up....
    Bam can try to import china or india players to msia like spore...then only got hope...

mirror mirror on the wall ..tell us who is the next super player from msia ? ramdan ?

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Misbun, have your pride... just pack and go... don't make U-turn... wish U all the best... BOLEH :)

16. eaglehelang

Rashid: Pressure forced my brother to quit

Reports By K.M. Boopathy

2011/01/05

NATIONAL singles coach Rashid Sidek claimed that the resignation of his elder brother, Misbun, was a result of constant pressure and lack of respect shown by several officials of the BA of Malaysia (BAM).
    Rashid said yesterday Misbun's work was not appreciated by the officials who continued to be critical about Lee Chong Wei's failure to win a major event.

"As his brother, I know him very well and he doesn't take a decision without considering the consequences and he has been dissatisfied by several issues," said Rashid.

"Several officials have consistently downgraded his efforts and for them, guiding Chong Wei to win the Super Series and other international crowns were nothing and so is his status as World No 1.

"Whatever he decided to do was questioned and he didn't have a free hand in handling the programme.

"Misbun Ramdan's switch to the backup squad under Hendrawan was one of the reasons but there seem to be other problems.

"I feel that his decision to quit will not have much effect on BAM but if Chong Wei decides to follow him, it will have a big impact especially on sponsorship deals in future.

"Whatever Misbun decided was for himself and doesn't involve the players. He should not be held responsible if Chong Wei or others decide to follow suit."

Rashid dismissed claims that a dispute between High Performance Director Datuk James Selvaraj and Misbun had led to his brother's resignation.

Rashid believes that BAM can resolve the problem and hopefully his brother will reconsider his drastic move.

Rashid said he doesn't expect an exodus of players from BAM with Misbun's decision.

Rashid confirmed he will remain in BAM despite the current turmoil.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/ljhfe2/Article/art_print

17. flite

flite Regular Member

You hit the bull eye. With or without the ongoing MS resignation issue, this should be the primary concern for BAM all along.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think we further and further from the topic after someone jump in

19. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Rashid: Misbun will not get others involved over his decision to quit

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: It will be a tough job to persuade Misbun Sidek out of a decision when he has made up his mind. But be rest assured that he will not drag anyone into a controversy over his decision to quit as a national coach.
    These were the honest opinion of Rashid Sidek, the youngest brother of Misbun, after a training session at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31 and Rashid, who is one of the singles coaches in the national team, said that he would not be pressured in any way to follow suit.
    He said that he was ready to shoulder the heavier responsibility of taking charge of the men’s singles players in the absence of his brother.
    Rashid said that he knew his brother best and suspected that the decision to quit was a due to a culmination of several events over a year.
    “I grew up following him in every stage of my life. I know that he can be eccentric and can be difficult at times. It is not easy to work with him,” admitted Rashid.
    “There was one incident during my school days that I remember vividly. There was a big commotion when he just walked out on his coach, Tan Yee Khan (in 1980s). He decided to train on his own and no one could stop him from doing so.
    “I am not saying that what he did was right or wrong. But it is not easy to make him change his mind when he puts his foot down on something. He always has a reason behind it all.”
    Rashid said that Misbun had not bared his soul on his resignation to the family but the latter had been totally distraught over the last few days.
    “He is a great joker and there is always fun when he is around. But over the last few days, his sad face says it all. We do not dare ask anything. Right now, he just needs our support,” said Rashid.
    “I was there when Misbun cried and told all of us (the singles department) that he was quitting (on the eve of Dec 31). I was shocked too.
    “Misbun has tolerated many things since he agreed to take up the job as a coach with the BAM in 2003. He did his job with vigour and passion.
    “But since last year, I saw unhappiness in him but he continued to be patient. How will he feel when his programme kept being questioned all the time?
    “Of course, he trains his players to be winners and not otherwise. And there were other things too. He kept it all to himself and finally, he just snapped.”
    On whether Misbun would condone the walkout of players, including Chong Wei from the national set-up as a show of loyalty to him, Rashid said that his brother would do nothing of the sort to influence the players to leave the BAM.
    “If I know Misbun, he will not allow others to do battle for him. He is on his own. He will not jeopardise the interest of others,” he said.
    “In fact, his son (Misbun Ramdan) is back in training. It is not one incident or an overnight matter but too much has happened since last year and I think, my brother just could not take it any more.”
    On the chances of Misbun changing his mind and returning to the BAM, Rashid said: “It’s a slim chance. But who knows, somebody may be able to talk him out of it.”
    On the target this year for his charges – Liew Daren, Chong Wei Feng, Chan Kwong Beng and Tan Chun Seang – Rashid said: “I will work in partnership with Hendrawan (back-up coach) to improve the standard of the future players for the country.
    “We will continue with our efforts to get players to take over from Chong Wei and (Mohd) Hafiz (Hashim) in the next two years.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/1/5/sports/7735283&sec=sports

20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    went for breakfast and Radio Era was calling Rashid to explain this issue. He can't say much as MS didn't even confide his decision to quit until after he quit...but he still support his older brother... I guess only people who really know and appreciate MS will understand his frustration over what's happening during the year... *sad* I do want him to make the U-turn, nevertheless...