post a photo of your local badminton gym!

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by kwun, Sep 14, 2007.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i could not delete the last picture. that picture did not belong here. sorry :D

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    DBI Sports Complex, Ipoh

Hi azabaz_ipoh,

This DBI@Ipoh looks like a great Sports Complex.

I must try to play there when I get a chance to visit Ipoh.

Thank you for sharing the photos. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

3. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    always a pleasure. you are welcome to come and play in ipoh. though i suspect the picture looks more promising than the actual premise. hehehehe :D the only problem would be the booking. some groups make advance booking for like three or six months and so sometimes there are no available court.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ah-a...

..so this is where you play baddy, all this time, ms. azabah_ipoh...Very nice place and courts indeed, with plenty of spaces in between courts and nice lighting! Thanks for sharing:):cool:..I assume, by looking at the pics, there are 16 courts total (8 on each side)?? (i guess because there's a no. 16)...Oh, and just curious, are the courts layed out over concrete flooring or wood flooring??..:confused:
    Btw, maybe i'll embarrass myself, but that's not you is it in the 2nd pic, wearing somekind of purple headscarf (kerudung)??..:confused::p

#144 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  5. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    well yes, mr ctjcad :). the courts are nice but i would love to try the blue courts i have seen here and i do believe that some other places posted here are way nicer than this place :). plenty of space? i agree fully. nice lighting? i beg to differ. hehehehehe. because the lighting sucks sometimes. they use flourescent lights. and sometimes some of the lights are not working and the maintenance take like forever to replace them. even after repeated complains. ah well, everything has it's pros and cons. good deduction, mr watson. there are a total of 16 courts in all. :D the hall's floor is concrete i think. and the green rubbery thingy is glued on the floor i think. some courts have better cushion and are more comfortable. others have cracked a bit here and there. i guess they have to wait for a budget before they could re-green thingy the surface of the cracked ones. hahahaaha. a ha.....alas mr watson, you made an understandable error there. it is not me on the court because i am behind the camera. plus, i dont wear kerudung and i am bigger than the woman you mentioned. :) i wish there was someone else who could take some pictures of me while i'm playing so that i could see if i execute those shots properly. :eek:

#145 azabaz_ipoh, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..mr. watson??..:confused::p:D;)..Hmm, sorry for asking, but about the green rubbery "thingy" you mentioned, i assume those are court mats?? Or another material painted in green? Because you said they have to "re-green thingy the surface of the cracked ones"..:confused:...Thanks again for sharing a bit more infos:cool:

7. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, i think it is some sort of court mat. but the thing is, they are not the size of one court. one big section might cover like 4 courts. i dont know how to explain it. i think court mats are usually one court size right? this green rubbery thingy, well it looks like they can come in whatever size you need. i think. i dont know for sure. sorry. i know, how about coming down to ipoh to experience the green rubbery thingy first hand? :D or maybe i could take close up pictures of where the green thingy starts and the concrete ends. hmmmmm......that's doable i think. i have badminton today. i'll try and take some more pics. :)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i kinda notice..

..(on the previous page's pics) there are mat creases/grooves/reveal lines around court #16..and perhaps on the adjacent court(s)??.;)

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    good observation. yeah, there is a line. the mat is the size of one court. my mistake. here is the close up view of that green rubbery thingy :D

close up court shot.jpg

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    when will i get invitation to play with you at this nice hall....:D:D:D<= green thingy too

11. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    hahahaha :D you are welcomed to come down to ipoh anytime but since i am playing with a group of women, you might not get the chance to play. hehehehe. :0

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..thanks for taking a close-up pic of the court..:)..The mat, for some reason to my eyes, looks quite thick; unlike those floor mats that are often used in BWF tourneys; i would imagine the feeling, when playing on them, is quite "cushiony"?!..:confused::cool:

13. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, it is pretty thick. but the middle courts, not so thick. it looks rubbery but not bouncy. i guess it is pretty cushiony, not sure since i dont jump smash a lot so seldom test it's cushiony properties. hehehehe :D the condition of the green thingy is not that new. it is pretty worn on some areas.

14. hkhero

hkhero Regular Member

GGBC2, located in California...
    [​IMG]

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

GGBC2: Blue and Green colours

Thank you for the photo hkhero... Beautiful colours... I love the Blue (representing Coolness) and the Green (representing Friendliness). :):):)

16. metalmon1188

metalmon1188 Regular Member

is the challenger hall the one behind phoenix?

17. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Ohbuchibashikouen-taiikukan in Nara, Japan:
    We were practising before playing.
    [​IMG]

Only 2/3 courts were used, one of them was occupied by hardcore table-tennis players.

18. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    table tennis next to badminton? :eek: what happen when the table tennis ball come bouncing to the badminton court? any cases of flatten balls or fallen players?

19. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

'balls' always roll onto the badminton courts. We had to constantly call a let.
    They probably dont care about flattened balls, they have a mountain of balls o_O. They only play once a while though, so we usually get to occupy all the courts.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

That's what we called "Table Badminton"

That's what we called "Table Badminton". :D:D:D