Prince 6000 stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Oct 6, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is a beauty.

appears to be built by Exthree/Poreex as the fixed clamp base as well as the string clamp look exactly like the Exthree/Victor ones.

LCD readout panel. pretty good looking transparent surfaces all around. fixed posts and movable suspension mounting with concentric knob to adjust the top/bottom and side supports.

NEOS6K-1.jpg

price is only $3800. ;)

2. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    That is a pretty sweet looking machine Kwun. Where do you put the Blu-ray though?

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Kwun, have you seen it in action yet? Maybe someone who used it can tell us how good the badminton adaptors are.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pull out that green drawer....

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    dunno.

mind you that this thing is built by the same company as your Victor. so i assume the clamps will be comparable. as for the supports.. dunno.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I hear the previous model pulls very hard.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Now, where are those badminton adaptors??? Hmmmm . . .

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I had a go of one of these while stringing for a tennis tournament a couple of years ago. The push-button clamp bases are interesting, but the rest struck me as style-over-substance; it would probably be a good £300-500 cheaper but for all that pointless glass...

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I like the drawer.
    It is a pure tennis machine. No badminton adapters as I can remember. I play with one when Prince rep try to sell one to my friend's tennis club. The clamp is too wide for badminton when you get to the head.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    All those electronics inside the clear case go blink blink . . . Wonder if the resistors are five bands . . . ?

#12 Pete LSD, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    actually, same issue as the Baiardo. the mounting posts are fixed. that means the spacing between the 2/4 oclock side supports are also fixed. is that an issue...

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i wonder if that's glass or just plastic. given they managed to get the internal engraving of the wording, as well as the screw going right through it, it maybe just plastic.

in either case, i agree with you. the cost of the machine can be reduce.

and given that it is also manufactured by Exthree/Poreex, the Exthree 600 maybe a better buy. those can be had for around US$3100 in HK. a much better fit for badminton stringing.

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It is optimized for tennis.

16. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    I've strung a tennis and a badminton racket today on this machine.

First i strung a tennis racket. Nothing to criticize. Clamps are great.

To string a badminton racket you must only change the 12 and 6 o'clock supports (take less than one minute). But the machine is definitely optimized for tennis...
    The clamps are the same as the tennis. So sometimes the clamps not fitting between the mains if you string the crosses.
    The supports on 12 and 6 o'clock are a little bit thick, that you have problems with some rackets at the 6 o'clock position. At the 12 o'clock position i used a mbs load spreader.

Comparison Prince 6000 vs. Yonex ES5Protech:
    Stand: Both are good and very solid. The adjustment of the height on the Prince machine (with crank handle) is a little bit better than on the Yonex.
    Only on the Yonex you can change the angle of the table.

Turn table: On both you can lock the table. On the yonex you can change the drag of the table.

Mounting system: The 12 and 6 o'clock supports on the Yonex are smaller, so you have less problems to mount a badminton frame and you have more free space on the crosses at the top. The side supports are equally good and have almost the same position on the frame. Yonex have some extensions for badminton to a better fit, but not really necessary.

Clamps:
    Prince have only one clamp for Tennis and Badminton. The clamp is very good
    for Tennis but not so good for Badminton. The clamp leave some little marks on a poly string (Tennis).
    Yonex have two different clamps for Tennis and Badminton. If you set the the tennis clamp properly the clamps don't leave marks on a poly. The clamps also fitting better between the mains if you string the crosses.

Tensioner: Yonex is much better. However Prince is also a good one!
    On the Yonex you have 0,2 kg (0,5 lbs) steps and on the Prince 0,5 kg (1lbs) steps.
    Prestretch on the Yonex are possible vom 1% up to 20% in 1% steps. Prince supports only 5% or 10% prestretch.
    On the Yonex you can choose between the modes constant, constant with timer, lock out or prestretch. On the Prince you have "only" constand and prestretch.
    On the Prince you must press the knot button before tensioning on the Yonex you can press it when the string is already pulled.
    On the Yonex you can change the weight when the machine is pulling the string, what is very useful if you string with only 5% prestretch and want to pull before the knot with +1kg. On the Prince you cannot do that.
    The Prince machine is a little bit slower when prestretch is active. Example with 10 kg and 10% prestretch:
    Prince pulls the string to 11 kg, waits approx one second and then go slowly down to 10 kg. Yonex pulls the string to 11 kg and release it instantly to 10 kg. On the Prince i have to wait until the machine is ready...

Gripper:
    Yonex gripper leave a little bit more marks on poly strings (tennis) than the Prince.
    On the Prince you must pull the gripper and press the switch to start the tensioner, on the Yonex you must only pull the string to you and the gripper automaticly holds the string and start the tensioner.

I hope i forgot nothing and my english is not so bad... Otherwise ask me if you have some questions.