Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is a sad news kwun. SW35 has been one of the main rackets by Victor to gain market share. I am just questioning are they discontinuing a product at the right time.

2. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

It's been a great joy playing with sw35 nowadays. sure, after a series of mishits and timing issues, those days are history.

i've been using sw35 so often lately that my volt80 is rarely out of the bag.

the racket feels stable and drives are a breeze. shots are powerful and for aggresive smashers, it's the racket to go to. however, net play and control wise, it loses to volt80.

3. Stratlover

Stratlover Regular Member

Has anyone else had a problem with their SW35 deforming shuttles? Whenever I smash and just slightly miss the sweetspot, the shuttle becomes an oval. This is especially true for cheaper birds, but happens with more expensive ones as well. I also feel like I don't get as much power out of it as my MX80. Any thoughts?

4. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales

I also get to know SW35 is going to be discontinued soon, at least I have got this news from a very honorable retail shop in Hong Kong. It's really a sad news for those SW35 lovers, I have ever swung a blank SW35 (3U) in a retail shop, its solid feel impressed me so much and I believed it was a very good racket for powerful players, I regret I hadn't bought it at that time, Jesus !!! Bae Youn Joo is using SW35 for long during women's single, maybe she has to change to another new model once SW35 has been discontinued !!!

Now in HK, it is difficult, if any, to find SW35. Besides, it is also difficult to find SW36 and SW37, maybe new replacements are coming up, just my guess. As far as I know, SW35 is still available in China, but are selling at a price much higher than that in HK.

Furthermore, according to that retail shop, prices of all Victor goods (including rackets) will raise next year, at least in Hong Kong.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have a chance to visit HK at least twice a year, but for some reason i mostly check out Yonex stuff cos they're still really expensive. but since HK is not that far from Taiwan, i can always hop a plane over to taiwan for a day just to shop for badminton stuff.

my ex doubles partner is in taiwan and he said that there's not a whole lot of shops that sells victor stuff, which is surprising since it's made in taiwan! now if you're info is real, which i think it is, then i think i'll save up and buy a couple of sw35 before they are completely out because i think i played my best game with my sw35.

thank you for the heads up on that news!!!

6. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    you are darn rich :eek:

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    um actually i'm not. but a ticket from HK to Taiwan is only $100 USD, that's cheaper than flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. so whenever i'm in HK, at least twice a year, i try to make time to drop by Taiwan. People there are just way nicer and with way more class!!! and i'm not even Taiwanese, LOL.

8. bai_bay

bai_bay Regular Member

Hi,
    I'am looking forward to visit HK this coming January for the first time. Since this particular racquet was never been sold here in my area, Can anyone of you SW35 ethusiasts help me know where I can find badminton stores, retail shops or people who are still selling this racquet in HK?
    I'd do appreciate some assistance because I had one before from someone who went to HK a couple of years ago but got broken just this October. I really missed how I play with this racquet. And if Kwun's story is right, I really have to find atleast one fast. Thank you all.:)

9. gundamzaku

working professional
    If u can find ur way to the area name Mong Kok then u can actually as an MTR attendant where the "athletic street" is and they will direct u there, and that street has all the sports shops, they are individual but from my knowledge own by same owner, so the pricing is better than the USA and are consistent between stores :)

10. bai_bay

bai_bay Regular Member

Gee,thank you gundamzaku for this information :) I'll keep this in mind when I go vist HK soon next year :)

11. concretemad

engineer
    dear users, any1 experience string cutting frame for this racket?

12. gundamzaku

working professional
    check your grommets and nope, i have not experienced it :)

13. gundamzaku

working professional
    you want to share your experience? maybe some of us can help?

14. concretemad

engineer
    jus bought one. string at the sixth grommet from the t-joint seems to be 'touching' frame. for yonex normally happened at both grommets of the pair but for my sw35 only the 6th grommet, 5th got no prob at all. is this common for sw35?

fyi, strung wit vs850 at 28lbs. other users can share their exp?

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    what do you mean by touching? you mean it's fanning out toward the frame?

16. concretemad

engineer
    the string at the 6th grommet get very close to frame wit no gap.

17. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    U mean the string is not on the grommet but directly contact with the frame?

18. concretemad

engineer
    grommet compressed and string touched frame on 6th grommet but not the 5th.

btw, 5th and 6th grommet r different. 6th are flare type and 5th r not. flare grommet r thicker than those not.

19. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I bought a pair of 3u sw35 from another forumer in December 2012, and now I've started really using it. I was using a 3u BS10 before and when I tried the SW35, it felt similar in terms of speed. But now that I've spent more time with it, I'm noticing a substantial difference. Defense is definitely slower as are drives, and overhead shoots (clears and smashes) seem a bit harder, since I like using a faster stroke, so it's definitely harder with a racket that's head heavy with a thick frame.

It's not a terrible racket, but not really for me. I'll still hold onto it, it's good to train with :p Using it, then switching back to my BS10, my smashes go KABOOOM :p I think I'm gonna have to stick the BS series. I originally wanted to try out the MXJJS (and I've already tried the MX80), but I'm gonna have to try the BSLYD next, and maybe gen2 version as well :D

20. concretemad

engineer
    should have listened to you. my shoulder aching after 'testing' it yesterday. tomoro i have a competition match.....how la?